My body isn’t Amazon Prime-it won’t show up in two days. But when will it?

Options
I know diet and exercise and change take time and commitment. But at what point do you adjust to see results? I’m overall a healthy person who regularly exercises (orange theory/CrossFit) and really watch carbs although not keto. But I still continue to hold so much fluff. Want some of the fluff gone by end of February. What do you all suggest?

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories, weighing all your foods? Usually safe to give it roughly 4 weeks at least to see if what you're doing is working, and adjust from there. There can be numerous reasons for why weight isn't moving.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What, exactly are your goals? Are they realistic? Are you taking all the steps necessary to reach them?

Are you trying to lose weight, achieve a particular look, build muscle...?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    looney9708 wrote: »
    I know diet and exercise and change take time and commitment. But at what point do you adjust to see results? I’m overall a healthy person who regularly exercises (orange theory/CrossFit) and really watch carbs although not keto. But I still continue to hold so much fluff. Want some of the fluff gone by end of February. What do you all suggest?

Are you eating in a calorie deficit?
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What, exactly are your goals? Are they realistic? Are you taking all the steps necessary to reach them?

Lose fat would be ultimate goal and tone. I weight everything to the gram, as much as I possibly can. Higher protein and carbs under 100 on the high side. Keep calories under 1400 because I’m sure there are some calories that aren’t properly accounted for. If I go less then 1400 I feel depleted especially on orangetheory days.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options

Lose fat would be ultimate goal and tone. I weight everything to the gram, as much as I possibly can. Higher protein and carbs under 100 on the high side. Keep calories under 1400 because I’m sure there are some calories that aren’t properly accounted for. If I go less then 1400 I feel depleted especially on orangetheory days.

Are you not eating exercise calories back?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    What was your starting weight and current weight? How much 'fluff' are we actually talking?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Please provide current stats. Age, sex, height, weight.

How long have you been tracking your calorie intake? How long have you been exercising? How many minutes per session and how many times per week are you exercising? What is the significance of the end of February?
  • looney9708
    Options
    What was your starting weight and current weight? How much 'fluff' are we actually talking?

Starting weight:160. I’d like to be 145. I’m a pretty solid size 6. But I have a lot of back, hip fluff. Even more then weight I’d like to take my waist from 29” to 27-26” and hips from 38 to 35”. And my bust like where I have the back bra fat-ewe gross-from 27-24.

I’m very strong and have a lot of muscle. But lack definition. My testosterone is very low and I’m newly to testosterone cream. Plus my thyroid so I know that all has small part to do with it. But I won’t use it as an excuse. Something isn’t quite right and I honestly don’t fully know what it is. I have a few drinks, wine, a week and will day I should cut that completely. But it is honestly the only thing I do that I’d consider a cheat.
  • looney9708
    Options

No I never eat my calories back.
  • looney9708
    Options

I think I am. 5’4” 160. Very active. I would assume 1400 is cal deficit. But maybe I should go under 1000. But I get so run down and lethargic under 1300

• MichelleSilverleaf
    Options

That's probably at least part of the reason you feel so wiped. MFP is designed for you to eat some of those back, that's extra work your body is doing on top of your general daily activity. You're supposed to fuel that. Also with only 15lbs to lose it's going to be slow and easily hidden by fluctuations and water weight. It's going to take time.
  • TavistockToad
    edited January 2019
    Options

I think I am. 5’4” 160. Very active. I would assume 1400 is cal deficit. But maybe I should go under 1000. But I get so run down and lethargic under 1300

How long have you been eating 1400 cals for?

Do you log your wine? How many exactly is a 'few' glasses?
  • looney9708
    Options
    I ea

I have been tracking for a little over a month this time. I track my wine at 30 carbs and calories. Usually 3-5 a week. Usually weekends.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I ea

I have been tracking for a little over a month this time. I track my wine at 30 carbs and calories. Usually 3-5 a week. Usually weekends.

And in 30 days of tracking, have you lost any weight?
  • looney9708
    Options
    No. About the same. Now with only 15 to lose I think potentially it could come in a whoosh. It happens from time to time like that.

But unsure how much time I should give before adjusting down more? I just feel crappy when I go less. But maybe for a few weeks to kick start?
  • looney9708
    Options

That's probably at least part of the reason you feel so wiped. MFP is designed for you to eat some of those back, that's extra work your body is doing on top of your general daily activity. You're supposed to fuel that. Also with only 15lbs to lose it's going to be slow and easily hidden by fluctuations and water weight. It's going to take time.

Yes. Agreed. But curious what would be a good, yet quick, pace for what I have to lose? More interested in inches then weight. Toning.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options

Yes. Agreed. But curious what would be a good, yet quick, pace for what I have to lose? More interested in inches then weight. Toning.

With only a few pounds to lose quick isn't a thing.

Was going to say this. There is no 'quick' at this stage. If it's toning you're wanting more then recomp may be more up your alley.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking your calorie intake?