Using up calories difficult

Options

Replies

• trokey2110
    trokey2110 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MokhtarB wrote: »
    Avoid junk food! its caloric.. cause alot of the time its sugar. sugar is *kitten* for your body. natural sugars excluded. even then, chill on that. dont trust the machines and what they say about burning calories, they'll always say ridiculous numbers, dont get impatient but part of the weightloss journey, to your favor will be trial and favor. eat at 1500 calories a day and let the exercise be the extra punch against your excess weight. For some reason i think you mean youre trying to eat at 1500 calories, but since the calories take away from 1500 it makes it harder- you need to eat 1500 regardless of the exercise, and dont kill yourself working out.

Experience- lost 75 pounds in less than a year. Ive been through all this, AVOID JUNK FOOD
    Thanks I do anyway 👍
  • AVanBens
    AVanBens Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, and it's probably an unhealthy mental thing on my end. I want to see "and was under her calorie goal" when I end a day. That's probably not wise if my calorie goal is the bare minimum (which it is). One thing I'm starting to do is make my own slightly modified treats at home. (Like you, I don't eat store-bought junk food, but I'm backing off avoiding all sweets.) I made buckeyes this weekend (peanut butter and chocolate, for those who don't know) and they were ahhhhhmazing. I made them instead of buying them because 1) it feels more earned when you make your own treat, and 2) I could control the amount of sugar and butter that went into it. I seriously used 1/6 of the powdered sugar, and I can't imagine them being any sweeter than they are. They were perfect as was. I also added a bit of protein powder for good measure. So, anyway, my point is that if you're able, you might want to make some reasonable treats to keep around to eat toward day's end to help boost you over the finish line. And if your problem is mental like mine, remember that undereating is self-sabotage. The goal is to be healthy, and being healthy means to eat enough. (I'm typing this more for me than for you, honestly.) Best of luck.
  • trokey2110
    trokey2110 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just for reference I don’t have much to lose I’m 12st 12

• MokhtarB
    MokhtarB Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Avoid junk food! its caloric.. cause alot of the time its sugar. sugar is *kitten* for your body. natural sugars excluded. even then, chill on that. dont trust the machines and what they say about burning calories, they'll always say ridiculous numbers, dont get impatient but part of the weightloss journey, to your favor will be trial and favor. eat at 1500 calories a day and let the exercise be the extra punch against your excess weight. For some reason i think you mean youre trying to eat at 1500 calories, but since the calories take away from 1500 it makes it harder- you need to eat 1500 regardless of the exercise, and dont kill yourself working out.

Experience- lost 75 pounds in less than a year. Ive been through all this, AVOID JUNK FOOD

Suggesting OP eat 1500 cals and doesn't eat back exercise calories is irresponsible when you don't know their stats.

Im suggesting they eat a full 1500, and if the exercise calories subtract from that, okay. Let it look like 1500 consumed -300 exercise= 1200 NET. Or, they could cushion the exercise' caloric deficit by eating back the calories they burned? They're already at a deficit at 1500, id be pretty confident.

I didnt say OP should eat over their calorie goal, what I'm trying to understand is, is the fact that they're burning calories from exercise the difficulty in reaching 1500? We all agree that 1500 is a low amount to reach. There are plenty of foods to substitute in for junk food. Moderation, sure. But from what I see, they're struggling to reach 1500 pretty regularly, to the point where it is an issue. Substituting junk food that regularly is exactly what is junky about junk food.

1200net for a male is still too low, which is why OP shouldn't be advised to eat 1500 and let exercise calories eat into that. OP should be netting 1500cal.

Fair. So they should "cushion" the burned off calories. Unless we know their stats, I'd agree that a net of 1200 is bad for them, and not a added boost.
  • MokhtarB
    MokhtarB Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    trokey2110 wrote: »

12st 12?
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    trokey2110 wrote: »