Menopause frustrations!!

Options
124»

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    I take a cocktail of 10 mg. of Melatonin, 1 non-habit forming sleep aid, and 2 Ibuprofen. Seems to do the trick...most night. ;)
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Are you on HRT? That really helped everything settle for me.
  • Corr_Paisley
    Corr_Paisley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 a few months ago, but am still on hormonal birth control because the doc said it could help with the transition. Now I don't know when to stop because when I've tried skipping the off-week and continuing hormones into the next cycle, I've had horrible anxiety. Sigh. Anyway, in addition to taking magnesium, I've found that a meditation app (I use Buddifhy) has been really helpful with both sleep and anxiety. Also, as part of losing weight (which seemed to magically appear around my belly in the last year), I eliminated red wine for a while and now only drink alcohol occasionally. That also helped me sleep better, which in turn helped my overall mood.

Thank you for sharing this! ♥ I will definitely check out that app! :smile:
  • Corr_Paisley
    Corr_Paisley Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I'm not on HRT, but I'm certainly not against it if my doctor decides to suggest that as an option the next time I visit with her about this.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    After these 'sleep' threads and specifically for menopause, I've been thinking about the CBD oil.

Where are you getting CBD oil from? We have an herb shop here (US) that sells it, is there anything specific that I need to look for? I did a little research yesterday, not sure of proper dosing... anyone help?

I did my homework and ordered on Amazon. Start with a lower dose and move up if it works. Look for good reviews. I picked:

Hemp Oil for Pain Relief - Stress Support, Anti Anxiety, Sleep Supplements - Herbal Drops - Rich in MCT Fatty Acids - Natural Anti Inflammatory - 1 Fl Oz (30 ml) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079VS8JY9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dRqrCbFCTYK0H

I just wanted to clarify that hemp oil and CBD oil are 2 different things. Not saying that Hemp oil doesn't work just trying to add clarity for those who maybe confused.
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and this helped me with sleep, moods and weight.
    1) The keto diet with 8/16 IF (this made a huge impact on me and my body and everything menopause)
    2) No cheese.
    3) No caffeine after 3pm.
    4) "Body Groove Dance Your Heart Out" videos because they are fun and uplift my mood (seriously look it up),
    5) 25mg diphenhydramine 40 mins before bed,
    6) Soaking my feet in a saucepan of water and epsom salts.
    7) 32 db ear plugs.
    8) No tv in the bedroom.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Oh, ear plugs! I've been sleeping with them for so long I'd forgotten about that.

I've loved Mac's for years. They recently updated the design, which scared me, but they are even better.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RJEDSE/
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Just curious--are most of you having problems falling asleep or staying asleep? Admittedly I've been under a ton of stress at work lately, but I've been waking up several times over the course of the night and sometimes have a hard time falling back asleep. Usually I wake up positively dripping due to night sweats. I just turned 49 so I'm thinking it's menopause-related...
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I'm not on HRT, but I'm certainly not against it if my doctor decides to suggest that as an option the next time I visit with her about this.
    I found it really helped to even out everything for me. It helps to protect you against osteoporosis too. It helped balance out my moods, stopped night sweats. It really helps me. Keep us posted if your progress x