Body system clogged up!

Options
13»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    amring wrote: »
    @snickerscharlie thanks for checking in on me! I have significantly upped my intake of fiber foods but even that hasn't helped...so Dr it is!

Glad to hear this. There is a limitation on taking care of things yourself. At some point it needs to be evaluated by a medical professional.
  • amring
    amring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @nvmomketo thanks for your advice it's very helpful! It's definitely the change in diet that has resulted in this.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Hope it resolves soon.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I was like you, READY TO GIVE UP, I do low carb though not keto, so I get 100 gr of carbs or less a day, my 91 year old mother gave me the answer, FIBER 1 CEREAEL, 14 gr of fiber in 1/2 cup with my Almond Milk. It works great! Before that I took magnesium also which did help, I am just not much on pills rather have food. I was getting so disappointed because low carb worked great for me, 30 lbs loss since July, now I can do low carb with this cereal every morning, some times I switch off to high fiber oatmeal.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I do a higher fiber (49.9999 grams daily) keto due to eating a ton of 100% cacao bars with coconut chips daily.

A gallon of water a day and about 1200 mg of magnesium from Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium is needed in my case to keep down muscle cramps.

I do walk at least 1/4 of a mile daily and drink a lot of coffee. My first cup of coffee each day contains about an oz of coconut oil.

Things will work out in the end but I think my learning curve was about six months but that was 4 years ago.

Best of success.

@GaleHawkins what's the brand of high fiber cacao bars with coconut chips? Sounds good!

I had a problem with regularity when I was in Costa Rico and fresh raw coconut helped with that.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I do a higher fiber (49.9999 grams daily) keto due to eating a ton of 100% cacao bars with coconut chips daily.

A gallon of water a day and about 1200 mg of magnesium from Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium is needed in my case to keep down muscle cramps.

I do walk at least 1/4 of a mile daily and drink a lot of coffee. My first cup of coffee each day contains about an oz of coconut oil.

Things will work out in the end but I think my learning curve was about six months but that was 4 years ago.

Best of success.

@GaleHawkins what's the brand of high fiber cacao bars with coconut chips? Sounds good!

I had a problem with regularity when I was in Costa Rico and fresh raw coconut helped with that.

Another asked for info on my fiber sources but with winter storm I have been driving my wife to work so I haven't been at a computer with a keyboard
    Almonds are from any source. 100% cacao bars preference are Baker's but any 100% should work. Coconut Chips are from Kroger in my area.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Best of success.

Another asked for info on my fiber sources but with winter storm I have been driving my wife to work so I haven't been at a computer with a keyboard
    Almonds are from any source. 100% cacao bars preference are Baker's but any 100% should work. Coconut Chips are from Kroger in my area.

Below are the fiber numbers. I eat all of the below first thing each day and and most often the the coconut and cocao after each meal and coffee as my desert. I keep coconut chips and the whole almonds in the vehicles to eat should I miss a meal due to schedule or something. When I go to McDonald's to get my two round steaks (fresh beef 1/4 patties and coffee I often eat a bit of almonds and or coconut before I go into McDonald's to eat. After the holidays I was eating the oranges before they spoiled and some quinoa. That was a lot more fiber and I felt okay but my pitting edema returned after having been gone for over 4 years so naturally I went back to straight keto since my long stated goal is to live to be at least 110 walking and talking the entire way.

https://myfooddiary.com/foods/5421714/kroger-natural-almonds

https://simpletruth.com/products/unsweetened-coconut-chips/

https://nutritionix.com/i/bakers/unsweetened-baking-chocolate-bar-100-cacao/51c3ea8a97c3e6de73cb9cfa