I am mean, and I don't make any friend requests

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I too fear rejection :cry:

I don't get the fear of rejection. Also, I don't get when someone FRs me and then I accept, and they are responding with "Whew. You accepted me. I wanted to send this a long time ago, but you intimidated me."

I really don't get that. I am far from initimidating in my eyes. I like all kinds of people, and as long as I get some kind of message, or I know you from a friend's wall, or the forums, you're gonna get accepted. I even say as much on my profile.

I get told that I am intimidating a lot as well. Which I don't get because I am very easy going.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I prefer to stalk until they send me the request. It's more effort, but it makes them think it was their idea.
    ^^^^ I offered to be his mistress to be his friend, true story. It's worked out so far.
    That was nothing compared to what you've had to do to stay on my FL. I'm still waiting on the bruises to completely heal.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I don't get the fear of rejection. Also, I don't get when someone FRs me and then I accept, and they are responding with "Whew. You accepted me. I wanted to send this a long time ago, but you intimidated me."

I really don't get that. I am far from initimidating in my eyes. I like all kinds of people, and as long as I get some kind of message, or I know you from a friend's wall, or the forums, you're gonna get accepted. I even say as much on my profile.

did you tell stories about younger days? i would've been intimidated by that if i hadnt been there done that as well.

Most claim it was my non-smiling profile pics. I apparently look like an axe murderer or something.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

But...the title of this post begins, "I am mean..."

Shhh. It's my public persona that's mean. I fail there a lot too though.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

would not reject/10

what about me?

nah brah, would not reject

nohomo

I never reject any friend requests, because it's funny seeing the reactions of people that view my food logs

Why do some people feel the need to write nohomo?

I don't get it.

Me either. nohetero
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I fear the reaper.

I don't headbang.gif

Nor do the wind nor the sun or the rain. We can be like they are.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I get told that I am intimidating a lot as well. Which I don't get because I am very easy going.

You're one of the cool kids. Maybe, that's why.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

You're one of the cool kids. Maybe, that's why.

Which I don't understand either. I have my funny moments, but sometimes I even annoy myself.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

would not reject/10

what about me?

nohomo

I never reject any friend requests, because it's funny seeing the reactions of people that view my food logs

I don't get it.

Yeah, why not no skim? Or no 2%?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

would not reject/10

what about me?

nohomo

I don't get it.

Yeah, why not no skim? Or no 2%?

I'm with all of the above. UGH. Milk makes me wanna puke.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    What kind of principle does not sending out friend requests follow

Edit:

Nevermind, I get it. Very funny, OP. ;]
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    must thank the op for this thread, as it did provide new stalking material. :flowerforyou:
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty mean because I never ever send out friend requests dawgs. It's not that I don't like people. I love everyone on my FL. I just don't do it as a matter of principle.

I will accept most FRs I receive. If it comes from a topless cat, or a bottomless dawg, it doesn't matter to me. Just don't expect me to jump out there and make the first move. That doesn't motivate me.

Now I have to FR you, I just saw the alter-ego to this post that seems to have come first and totally get it LOL! You Sir, ROCK - Please stay the mean self that you are.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    It is a bit mean. :heart: I hate sending FRs and will only do it if I think the person is truly awesome. Happily most of the time my instincts have been right about that. :flowerforyou:

Oddly, the only people who have rejected my FRs so far have been other women. I find that surprising.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't get friend requests because nobody likes me.

Could have something to do with that scary profile pic...just sayin' :-D
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have been here about two months and de-friended only one person because he had lost his weight and really just wanted to drive traffic to his site.

Ugh, no thanks - I feel SOOOOO special.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    What kind of principle does not sending out friend requests follow

t's a principle. Just accept it. No questioning.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I neither send them or accept them. Does that make me double-mean?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    It is a bit mean. :heart: I hate sending FRs and will only do it if I think the person is truly awesome. Happily most of the time my instincts have been right about that. :flowerforyou:

Oddly, the only people who have rejected my FRs so far have been other women. I find that surprising.

I accepted you in pretty short order if i remember correctly. One of the best decisions I ever made too.