edited February 2019
    Options
    MFP starting weight October 27.18 - 191
    5'3", 58 years old
    February starting weight - 176.3
    February goal - 171.3

February 1 - 176.3
    February 2 - 176.8
    February 3 - 176.9 - I am seeing that the only time that I drop weight is after skating. There are 3 public skating sessions per week including today until the end of March. I did more than an hour of workouts yesterday (non-skating) but am still up slightly. It really frustrated me in January. Perhaps skating is more than exercise and is stress relief which helps me to lose weight?
    February 4 - 176.0 after skating yesterday.
    February 5 - 178.0 - 2 pound gain after a very "good" day. I learned from January about how this happens without reason. Staying on track. There wasn't any skating to go to yesterday, going today.
    February 6 - 175.9 - Skating yesterday : - )
    February 7 - 174.9 - Skating yesterday. I was afraid this morning because I was only at 400 calories by the time I got home last night from a busy day so ate dinner at 10:30! I thought that I would show a gain from eating so very late. I did burn a lot of calories though.
    February 8 - 175.0 - could have been worse, I ate a whopping 2300 calories yesterday!
    February 9 - 174.8
    February 10 - 175.0 - Up slightly. Skating on the docket today, but also a dinner out. Going to be quite moderate with my consumption during the day to make up for the dinner.
    February 11- 175.1 - Kind of expected that after going out.
    February 12 - 177.8 - Hopefully just an anomaly. Skating today and tomorrow.
    February 13 - 175.8 - Expecting a woosh soon, burned 1500 calories yesterday between skating, walking, snow shovelling! Skating today.
    February 14 - 176.0 - another high calorie burn day yesterday with skating and shovelling, but I consumed lots of calories too. I was still in a deficit however. Geez it is so hard to lose weight!! Half way through the month already.
    February 15 - 176.6 - No idea why, lack of sleep maybe.
    February 16 - 174.7 - Glad to see this since I am hosting mulled wine at my house amidst all of the events of a Winter carnival today. Buffer : - )
    February 17 - 175.4 - Okay, still 11 days left in the month. Skating today to hopefully undo some of yesterday lol.
    February 18 - 177.4 - Sad about that, it seems that I can't be like a normal person and keep my weight loss up. I had 1700 cal yesterday (but with a 600 cal deficit) and 1900 the day before (with a 500 cal deficit). I have been very active and didn't really eat anything bad. It is a struggle, but I will keep on trying.
    February 19 - 177.0
    February 20 - 175.8 - skated yesterday and will again today. This has been a really tough month for weight loss!
    February 21
    February 22 - planned night out
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

running loss/gain: - .5 loss
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    MFP Original starting weight - 172
    February starting weight -153.2
    February goal -149
    Ultimate goal -135

1st-153.2
    6th -152.8
    14th -152.8
    20th -153
    27th -

Total loss for February -
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    MFP starting weight - 172.6 (12/1/18)
    February goal -155
    Ultimate goal -120

2/1- 160.4
    2/6- 159.7
    2/13 - 158
    2/20- 156.6
    2/27-

Total loss for February - 3.8
  • InDogWeTrust
    InDogWeTrust Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    2/8 137.4
    2/13 134.2
    2/20 132.5
    2/24
    2/28
    goal weight 132.4

important thing is not to gain these few pounds back which for me can happen in a day or two:(...i have been down this path of loosing and gaining so many times....and yes I can gain 4 pounds in one day which is crazy because all the hard work nearly a month is out of the window....hoping to keep it off this time around:))
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    2/8 137.4
    2/13 134.2
    2/20 132.5
    2/24
    2/28
    goal weight 132.4

important thing is not to gain these few pounds back which for me can happen in a day or two:(...i have been down this path of loosing and gaining so many times....and yes I can gain 4 pounds in one day which is crazy because all the hard work nearly a month is out of the window....hoping to keep it off this time around:))

Nothing to worry about if your weight shifts 4 pounds in a single day. That’s just water retention shifts and the food passing through your digestive system. You’re not gaining 4lbs of fat that day, just normal weight fluctuations. Even if you just drink a bunch of water you can “gain” a few pounds according to the scale. I only weigh myself in the morning after a bathroom break now, so I don’t get thrown off by seeing the number after I’ve been eating and drinking all day. 😆
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 257.7 lbs
    January starting weight - 206.6 lbs
    February starting weight - 200.4 lbs
    February goal - 194.8 lbs
    Ultimate goal - 133

Weigh-in day - THURSDAY

January 31st - 200.4 lbs
    February 7th - 199.8 lb
    February 14th-197.8 lbs! :smiley:
    February 21st - 195.2 lbs :sweat_smile:

Goal Loss for February - 5.6 lbs
    Actual loss for February -
    Goal Loss for January - 6.8 lbs
    Actual loss for January - 6.2 lbs! :smile:

Didn't quite get to the goal - but looking back over the month it's a fantastic result and would be delighted if I can do just as well in February!
  • InDogWeTrust
    Options
    LadySaton wrote: »
    2/8 137.4
    2/13 134.2
    2/20 132.5
    2/24
    2/28
    goal weight 132.4

Nothing to worry about if your weight shifts 4 pounds in a single day. That’s just water retention shifts and the food passing through your digestive system. You’re not gaining 4lbs of fat that day, just normal weight fluctuations. Even if you just drink a bunch of water you can “gain” a few pounds according to the scale. I only weigh myself in the morning after a bathroom break now, so I don’t get thrown off by seeing the number after I’ve been eating and drinking all day. 😆

well lol me too I weigh myself in the morning too...it might not be 4 pounds of fat immediately but a week-10 days after that I am suddenly 10 pounds up and thats obviously not all water weight.....I am just easily discouraged....no good but hard to change that:(
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Late to the game but always ready for a challenge for motivation!
    2/19 161.9
    2/21 160.9
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018) - 168.2
    January 31 starting weight - 147.4 (ten-day rolling average weight 146.8)
    February goal - 145
    Ultimate goal - Range between 142 - 148

I report scale weight and (ten day average weight).

January 31 - 147.4 (146.8)
    February 7 - 147.0 (147.1)
    February 14 - 149.0 (147.3)
    February 21 - 144.8 (147.2)
    February 28 -

Total loss for February: Scale says 2.6 pounds; ten-day average says gained 0.4 pounds. Still on that roller coaster! But after a little spike earlier in the week, I'm down to my weight from February 9, February 3, and January 26. Before that it was the end of November that I was this close to my goal -- less than two pounds to go!

I just noticed that all my ten-day average entries in this challenge are within my goal range even though one of the scale entries isn't. I'll take that as a little success.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    MFP starting weight October 27.18 - 191
    5'3", 58 years old
    February starting weight - 176.3
    February goal - 171.3

February 1 - 176.3
    February 2 - 176.8
    February 3 - 176.9 - I am seeing that the only time that I drop weight is after skating. There are 3 public skating sessions per week including today until the end of March. I did more than an hour of workouts yesterday (non-skating) but am still up slightly. It really frustrated me in January. Perhaps skating is more than exercise and is stress relief which helps me to lose weight?
    February 4 - 176.0 after skating yesterday.
    February 5 - 178.0 - 2 pound gain after a very "good" day. I learned from January about how this happens without reason. Staying on track. There wasn't any skating to go to yesterday, going today.
    February 6 - 175.9 - Skating yesterday : - )
    February 7 - 174.9 - Skating yesterday. I was afraid this morning because I was only at 400 calories by the time I got home last night from a busy day so ate dinner at 10:30! I thought that I would show a gain from eating so very late. I did burn a lot of calories though.
    February 8 - 175.0 - could have been worse, I ate a whopping 2300 calories yesterday!
    February 9 - 174.8
    February 10 - 175.0 - Up slightly. Skating on the docket today, but also a dinner out. Going to be quite moderate with my consumption during the day to make up for the dinner.
    February 11- 175.1 - Kind of expected that after going out.
    February 12 - 177.8 - Hopefully just an anomaly. Skating today and tomorrow.
    February 13 - 175.8 - Expecting a woosh soon, burned 1500 calories yesterday between skating, walking, snow shovelling! Skating today.
    February 14 - 176.0 - another high calorie burn day yesterday with skating and shovelling, but I consumed lots of calories too. I was still in a deficit however. Geez it is so hard to lose weight!! Half way through the month already.
    February 15 - 176.6 - No idea why, lack of sleep maybe.
    February 16 - 174.7 - Glad to see this since I am hosting mulled wine at my house amidst all of the events of a Winter carnival today. Buffer : - )
    February 17 - 175.4 - Okay, still 11 days left in the month. Skating today to hopefully undo some of yesterday lol.
    February 18 - 177.4 - Sad about that, it seems that I can't be like a normal person and keep my weight loss up. I had 1700 cal yesterday (but with a 600 cal deficit) and 1900 the day before (with a 500 cal deficit). I have been very active and didn't really eat anything bad. It is a struggle, but I will keep on trying.
    February 19 - 177.0
    February 20 - 175.8 - skated yesterday and will again today. This has been a really tough month for weight loss!
    February 21 - 174.4 - only a week left of the month. This has been a tough one for weight loss. 4 times in the 174s since the 7th, but not able to keep it there.
    February 22 - planned night out
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

running loss/gain: - 1.9 loss
  • mdreddie
    mdreddie Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Update: I'm 3 lbs down this morning. So 2 more pounds to go for the the 5 lbs.
    SW: 140 lbs.
    CW: 137 lbs.
    GW: 125lbs.
    How I am slaying the pounds so far: I drink coffee with sugar and cream in the morning and something like banana or a sweet potato, which helps with curbing hunger for several hours and tastes so good. After that, I work out. I follow this up with work, during which I mostly drink a cup or two of tea with ginger/Prince of Peace. And after work, I eat something satisfying like scrambled eggs with salted butter, or roasted turkey (or any meat generally), and have some bone broth and teas until I have to sleep. It's going great so far; I feel great and the scale is moving in the right direction.
    I'll update later. --Peace!
  • InDogWeTrust
    Options
    mdreddie wrote: »
    How I am slaying the pounds so far: I drink coffee with sugar and cream in the morning and something like banana or a sweet potato, which helps with curbing hunger for several hours and tastes so good. After that, I work out. I follow this up with work, during which I mostly drink a cup or two of tea with ginger/Prince of Peace. And after work, I eat something satisfying like scrambled eggs with salted butter, or roasted turkey (or any meat generally), and have some bone broth and teas until I have to sleep. It's going great so far; I feel great and the scale is moving in the right direction.

wonderful progress!!! wow how do you stay full just with one meal basically which isnt even that substantial..like eggs with turkey or something:))....dont you get hungry at night? i want to start eating the walls of my house after 7pm hits:)))
    also is your work out intense? are you spending lot of time in the gym? and definitely you will keep loosing because that is very little food per day hehe
  • mdreddie
    mdreddie Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    mdreddie wrote: »

wonderful progress!!! wow how do you stay full just with one meal basically which isnt even that substantial..like eggs with turkey or something:))....dont you get hungry at night? i want to start eating the walls of my house after 7pm hits:)))
    also is your work out intense? are you spending lot of time in the gym? and definitely you will keep loosing because that is very little food per day hehe

I'm used to eating my main meal in the evening, which is high in protein (now, typically from just a pound of roasted turkey or salmon; or half a dozen or more eggs) and also has satisfying levels of fat and carbohydrates. Also my main meal is high in fiber (really great for feeling of fullness for a longer period of time), typically including steamed broccoli with spinach and a pear or apple.
    Also, at work, when I use the breaks to get sustenance, it's usually in the form of teas mostly and sometimes coffee. The caffeine from these drinks I believe keep me alert and going strong during the day. Caffeine is also commonly believed to be an appetite suppressant, so maybe that's happening for me too, but I don't really feel hungry again until after 4PM, which is slightly after the time my official working hours (8AM to 2:20PM) concludes. And eating primarily later in the day has been what I have usually done for many years, both when I was around 10 lbs. lighter and 10 pounds heavier, so I'm used to feeling a need to eat more in the evenings.