Less than 3

Options
caco_ethes
caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
Less than 3, that one emoji

How often do you use the heart emoji? Maybe for you it's totally nondescript, just another emoji. Or maybe it means something. What does it mean when you do? What are you communicating to the person you're sending it to? Do you use it to convey actual true love? Appreciation? Is it a way to pacify someone when you don't know what to otherwise say? Do you throw them around all willy-nilly like a heartless lothario provocateur who doesn't know what that does to the general population to see them used so ubiquitously and with such careless disregard? Because that, my friend, is bubkiss. Is it designed merely to titillate your crush who may or may not be expandable to you? Does it make me a quidnunc rabblerouser to be asking these questions about your private motivations? Does it make me so bad if I want to determine whether the use of the heart emoji involves subterfuge or if it truly is just an online gesticulation where words fail? Sorry for the gallimaufry that is this post, I hope I don't come off looking like a fopdoodle. Bumfuzzled by all my verbiage? Disregard and commence with the rigamarole of answering my queries! To the comments, rapscallions!

Replies

• caco_ethes
    Options
    In short, why do you use the <3 emoji
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I use it quite often/daily with just one person and it conveys my love for them personally or what they said in that moment.

I occasionally use it with people when their comment or text was something close to my heart or I just plain loved what they said.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i don't use that one too much and if i do its usually more of a "hey this actually makes me feel good about myself" appreciative kind of thing.

i recently discovered an eye rolling/kissing face emoji though and its a mood.

also INB4 eggplant emojis
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    90% of communication is nonverbal... ❤️
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    For me it is 100% how I feel in that moment. If someone makes me laugh really hard or makes me feel totally understood or I feel like their cleverness exceeds words, I will drop a heart on them. As a stoic upper midwesterner, I do, however, worry that it might come across wrong.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Oh and I definitely use it sarcastically
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    But for me it generally means that I'm speaking from the heart ❤️
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'll let you know in about an hour after I finish looking up all those words you used that I don't know!

I can't move past words I don't know, I have to look them up

oh honey, you're in for a real treat <3
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I use it as total endearment.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Haha!! ❤️❤️❤️
    I just got your thread title!
    This girl is a little slow on the uptake!
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Affection, rather than affectation.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    For me it is 100% how I feel in that moment. If someone makes me laugh really hard or makes me feel totally understood or I feel like their cleverness exceeds words, I will drop a heart on them. As a stoic upper midwesterner, I do, however, worry that it might come across wrong.

And
    i use it all the time, it means love and warm good feelings like i’d prolly hug u too much make u uncomfortable

Sums it up perfectly for me

I also often heart in multiples same as my exclamation points
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    It depends on the colour of the heart.

Red - devoted love
    Black - morbidity or sorrow
    Blue - peace
    Green - jealously
    Yellow- heart of gold

Oh, and the beating heart represents passion.

What about the purple one?
    I ask because purple is my favourite colour.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i wanna piggyback off taco's original statement a bit-

which emoji ya'll ladies sending when you actually WANT the guy to start taking the hint you like him a bit?

(me personally i don't consider it a green light until the snapchat dog filter selfie makes an appearance but i also have unhealthy expectations with women too)