February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I alway do a kick at the end too - I'm definitely not trying to win or place, but I agree with @MegaMooseEsq about the energy of the finish line. I like to push myself to give it all I have left at the finish and overcome everything in me that's saying I can't go any further - yes you can! Just a bit more!

Friends, my back is terrible this morning. I can barely get up and down and had to crawl out of bed this morning. I get flares of lower back pain every once in a while but it had been so much better lately, which I attributed to strength training. But this is probably the worst I've ever had and I'm trying to gather up the courage to make an attempt at going to urgent care. I don't know if I can do it, but I feel like I need muscle relaxants or something to get through the worst of this.

Wow, that sounds awful. I hope it subsides soon so you can get whatever help you need!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic I hope your back is better soon!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    My race this weekend in Kansas City looks like it will be another great mudfest. Last year they had snow several days before, rain the morning of, then a ground thaw during.

This year they're supposed to get 2 to 4 inches tomorrow, a thaw in the mid 40's on Friday and Saturday, with rain before and during the race. I'll be prepared for more of this (from last year's race):
    buj45jkja0q2.jpg
    uhi733tm42kp.jpg

Hmm, I think you might need a napkin, or two to clean up after that.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    My race this weekend in Kansas City looks like it will be another great mudfest. Last year they had snow several days before, rain the morning of, then a ground thaw during.

This year they're supposed to get 2 to 4 inches tomorrow, a thaw in the mid 40's on Friday and Saturday, with rain before and during the race. I'll be prepared for more of this (from last year's race):
    buj45jkja0q2.jpg
    uhi733tm42kp.jpg

that one handy wipe they give in the race packets isn't going to be enough
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I alway do a kick at the end too - I'm definitely not trying to win or place, but I agree with @MegaMooseEsq about the energy of the finish line. I like to push myself to give it all I have left at the finish and overcome everything in me that's saying I can't go any further - yes you can! Just a bit more!

Friends, my back is terrible this morning. I can barely get up and down and had to crawl out of bed this morning. I get flares of lower back pain every once in a while but it had been so much better lately, which I attributed to strength training. But this is probably the worst I've ever had and I'm trying to gather up the courage to make an attempt at going to urgent care. I don't know if I can do it, but I feel like I need muscle relaxants or something to get through the worst of this.

Any luck with urgent care? Hope your back settles down soon.