February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @kristinegift awesome getting in a 20 miler, especially during a 60 mile week! You deserve a good rest now.

Thanks @Scott6255!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    I have a question for the Strava users. How is someone I am not following and who is not following me, able to give me kudos on a run that is only visible to my followers? I don't know this person but she is part of the MFP Group and is following one other runner that I am.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Great race series @rheddmobile! And congrats on the AG place! That is tremendous!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I have a question for the Strava users. How is someone I am not following and who is not following me, able to give me kudos on a run that is only visible to my followers? I don't know this person but she is part of the MFP Group and is following one other runner that I am.

Hmm. Idk. Might pose that to strava. Maybe you both show up on the club feed. I can see other that I'm not following there.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Hmm. Idk. Might pose that to strava. Maybe you both show up on the club feed. I can see other that I'm not following there.

Yeah, my guess is the club feed. But I would ask Strava to be sure.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp Congratulations for the 1st place AG finish!

@martaindale Congrats for the 10K PR. And a belt buckle as race bling, how cool is that? B)

@ariceroni Kudos on your double-digit long run!

@shanaber Your post reminded me that I should wear my arm sleeves more. I always forget that I have them, and end up starting with a long-sleeved shirt and pushing up the sleeves during my run. I used to wear a pair of modified long socks for this purpose, one day decided to buy fancy dedicated sleeves instead, and since then they are in my closet :D
    No idea about the Strava question. Have you tried opening the activity page from a private browser window to see if it is really private?

@rheddmobile Great race, and great race report!

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @rheddmobile: Congratulations! Sounds like a whole lot of fun and hard work. Your description of the tall, athletic man about your age made me laugh - it sounds like he feels about mud how I'm feeling about snow right now - officially done, over it, no more!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

@shanaber Other people can see your activity if you are in the same group (even if you are not official Strava buddies). If you click on the MFP group and the click on "recent activity" you can see the activity of everyone in the group.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - Congratulations!! That race sounds brutal but fun in a masochistic way :lol:
    @Sparx_81 - Whoohoo - 20km is no joke! Great job!!
    @mbaker566 - So.Much.Snow!! I am impressed that you even attempted to run in all of that! The beautiful sunset does make it somewhat worth it though. Also I think it is a good thing that Speed Demon is black, otherwise you might lose him in a snowbank!
    @_nikkiwolf_ - I think that was @kgirlhart who commented on the sleeves but I have them and love them too.
    @amymoreorless - yep your meme pretty much identifies me. The PT asked me when it started hurting and how much running I had done after it started :smile: Hope your foot is feeling ok and the swelling is gone!

Thanks all for the Strava information. I haven't ever looked at the group activity but it makes sense. I wasn't worried about the specific person - just a little freaked about who could see my information when I thought I had it set up a specific way.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Awesome job! Congrats on the AG series! That trail sounds serious.

@Sparx_81 Doing great towards your goal! That's a lot of mileage!