How long do you think it took her to look like this?

Options
1235»

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a stick at 5'8 125 lbs. It's within the normal BMI range so I don't get the comments people are making.

I would think because most people would see her definition and expect a higher weight due to muscle. But, without knowing the details, it's an erroneous assumption.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    gladys0919 wrote: »
    Uhm I am 5'1 and hover between 122 and 127 (yea i know) and i still look pretty lean. If she was 125, she would be a broom stick at that height!! #icallbullshit

Why *kitten*? I posted a photo of a woman who is 5'9" and weighing in for a fight in the flyweight division (125lbs). The fighters can weigh up to 126lbs for non-title fights, which this would have been as neither of those ladies has ever held the belt, so she is no more than 126lbs as pictured.
    To me, the UFC fighters look less muscled and more slender than Eva Marie does in the OP.

But Eva Marie is also carefully lit and angled in that shot, and the UFC athletes aren't.

There's almost no way that Eva Marie is more muscular than Liz Carmouche. She is an absolute beast (and I mean that in a positive way). She's also only 5'6" though. Sara McMann and Cris Cyborg are maybe more muscled than Liz, maybe. They fight in higher weight classes though, 135lbs and 145lbs respectively.
    Ah, hang on. WWE is the fictionalised thing without weightclasses isn't it? Have I got that right?

So she could be any weight for the fights so long as she still looked hot on TV.

You are very wrong. UFC is not WWE. UFC is mixed martial arts. There are definitely weight classes in UFC and what the women look like is largely immaterial as long as they can make weight and fight.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Uhm I am 5'1 and hover between 122 and 127 (yea i know) and i still look pretty lean. If she was 125, she would be a broom stick at that height!! #icallbullshit

Why *kitten*? I posted a photo of a woman who is 5'9" and weighing in for a fight in the flyweight division (125lbs). The fighters can weigh up to 126lbs for non-title fights, which this would have been as neither of those ladies has ever held the belt, so she is no more than 126lbs as pictured.
    To me, the UFC fighters look less muscled and more slender than Eva Marie does in the OP.

But Eva Marie is also carefully lit and angled in that shot, and the UFC athletes aren't.

There's almost no way that Eva Marie is more muscular than Liz Carmouche. She is an absolute beast (and I mean that in a positive way). She's also only 5'6" though. Sara McMann and Cris Cyborg are maybe more muscled than Liz, maybe. They fight in higher weight classes though, 135lbs and 145lbs respectively.
    Ah, hang on. WWE is the fictionalised thing without weightclasses isn't it? Have I got that right?

So she could be any weight for the fights so long as she still looked hot on TV.

UFC is not WWE

UFC is not WWE
    Exactly.

• born_of_fire74
    edited February 2019
    Options

UFC is not WWE

UFC is not WWE
    Exactly.

So what is your point? I didn't state Eva Marie's weight and I didn't post a weigh in photo of Eva Marie. I posted photos of UFC fighters weighing in for a flyweight fight, one of which is the same height as Eva Marie, to show that it is perfectly possible to be 5'9" and weigh 125lbs without being a stick.

Sorry, I realized that may seem more confrontational than I intend. I just don't understand what you are trying to say here. People expressed doubt that a woman could be 5'9" and 125lbs so I found proof to the contrary. How that has anything to do with WWE or how WWE and UFC could be comparable are beyond me. My comments have nothing to do with Eva Marie specifically. All I'm saying is that a woman can be the size that someone else said she is. The weigh in photo is handy because we know the weight of the women pictured for sure.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    edited February 2019
    Options

UFC is not WWE

UFC is not WWE
    Exactly.

So what is your point? I didn't state Eva Marie's weight and I didn't post a weigh in photo of Eva Marie. I posted photos of UFC fighters weighing in for a flyweight fight, one of which is the same height as Eva Marie, to show that it is perfectly possible to be 5'9" and weigh 125lbs without being a stick.
    Less a point and more a question. I'd been vaguely thinking about her past weight category just then, and then it clicked that she maybe didn't have to have one.

You are very wrong. UFC is not WWE. UFC is mixed martial arts. There are definitely weight classes in UFC and what the women look like is largely immaterial as long as they can make weight and fight.
    Kind of think we're talking at cross-purposes here. I know there are weight classes in UFC.
  • born_of_fire74
    Options

UFC is not WWE

UFC is not WWE
    Exactly.

Less a point and more a question. I'd been vaguely thinking about her past weight category just then, and then it clicked that she maybe didn't have to have one.

Fair enough. I honestly know nothing at all about Eva Marie other than what has been stated about her in this thread. Cheers!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Y'know, I feel pretty uncomfortable with these conversations where women start in on "she must be lying about her weight because I'd be a skeleton" or "no way she has muscles at that weight". You know you, and that's it. Build matters.

At BMI 19.3, I was thinner than a lot of women would prefer to be. That's fine for me, and for them - our business, not others' business.

But build matters, preference matters. At that weight (5'5", 116), I'm lower than my goal weight, but I'm neither a "skeleton" nor completely lacking in muscle. I'm not claiming to be one of our beautiful strength stars here on MFP, whom I admire but am too frikkin lazy to emulate. But, once I lost weight, I was - to my surprise - strong enough to get one full chin-up (not pull-up), without training for it. Yeah, not that impressive in the abstract, but it's more than most 60 year old women can do, I think. I'm strong enough to row for hours, or cycle for hours: Not a waif. Not that lean at BMI 19.3 either. Just built with hips like a 14-year-old boy, and no breasts.

Totally this ^^^^^. (I'd point out that she may've cut water to make weight, but still ;) ).

Why in the heck do we need to trash other women's representations about their weight . . . even if they're false? Does it make us feel better in some way? Why?

I didn't really read that as trashing her for the weight but more of someone sincerely asking. Aspiring to a certain physique required asking questions like that to see what's real and what's not. I would be simply curious to know what her build, bf, and lean mass came to simply from an intellectual standpoint. She's lovely regardless.

I have trouble seeing statements like "I call BS", terms like "broom stick", and "can’t see . . . weighing in that low and being strong."** as "sincerely asking". Maybe it's just me.

** Yeah, OK, so that last quote was unfairly de-contextualized. I admit it. I didn't like where this was heading. ;)

I, mistakenly, thought you were referring to the poster who originally questioned it ... Rosiorama. She seemed sincere.

I agree that Rosiorama seemed sincere - no issue.

I chose not to reply to a specific post, because I intended more to be talking about a rabbit-hole that the thread seemed on a trajectory toward, one that I've seen other threads go down. I can see how that choice created ambiguity. Apologies for being unclear!

I don't understand the impulse to criticize someone's representation about their weight. If someone feels the need to lie (understate) for publicity or to feel better about herself, that seems sad to me, even kind of pathetic.

If we feel happy, look better, or feel best at a different weight (even at the same height), why does someone else's different weight claim provoke criticism? They don't need to be wrong in order for us to be right.

I do think it's a good thing for folks to be healthy as concerns weight, and it's nice for potential role models to model that health. That's really the only context in which I can make sense of the criticism: If the idea is that some 13-year-old out there who admires Eva Marie will think she needs to weigh 125 at 5'9", too.

Call me Pollyanna, but I'd rather we be trying to persuade 13-year-olds (and everyone else) that what matters is liking who they are, and striving to become their best them . . . not emulate some C-list "celebrity" "fitness model", however beautiful (and potentially Photoshopped ;) ).

(Shrug).
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Y'know, I feel pretty uncomfortable with these conversations where women start in on "she must be lying about her weight because I'd be a skeleton" or "no way she has muscles at that weight". You know you, and that's it. Build matters.

At BMI 19.3, I was thinner than a lot of women would prefer to be. That's fine for me, and for them - our business, not others' business.

But build matters, preference matters. At that weight (5'5", 116), I'm lower than my goal weight, but I'm neither a "skeleton" nor completely lacking in muscle. I'm not claiming to be one of our beautiful strength stars here on MFP, whom I admire but am too frikkin lazy to emulate. But, once I lost weight, I was - to my surprise - strong enough to get one full chin-up (not pull-up), without training for it. Yeah, not that impressive in the abstract, but it's more than most 60 year old women can do, I think. I'm strong enough to row for hours, or cycle for hours: Not a waif. Not that lean at BMI 19.3 either. Just built with hips like a 14-year-old boy, and no breasts.

Totally this ^^^^^. (I'd point out that she may've cut water to make weight, but still ;) ).

Why in the heck do we need to trash other women's representations about their weight . . . even if they're false? Does it make us feel better in some way? Why?

I didn't really read that as trashing her for the weight but more of someone sincerely asking. Aspiring to a certain physique required asking questions like that to see what's real and what's not. I would be simply curious to know what her build, bf, and lean mass came to simply from an intellectual standpoint. She's lovely regardless.

I have trouble seeing statements like "I call BS", terms like "broom stick", and "can’t see . . . weighing in that low and being strong."** as "sincerely asking". Maybe it's just me.

** Yeah, OK, so that last quote was unfairly de-contextualized. I admit it. I didn't like where this was heading. ;)

I, mistakenly, thought you were referring to the poster who originally questioned it ... Rosiorama. She seemed sincere.

I chose not to reply to a specific post, because I intended more to be talking about a rabbit-hole that the thread seemed on a trajectory toward, one that I've seen other threads go down. I can see how that choice created ambiguity. Apologies for being unclear!

I don't understand the impulse to criticize someone's representation about their weight. If someone feels the need to lie (understate) for publicity or to feel better about herself, that seems sad to me, even kind of pathetic.

If we feel happy, look better, or feel best at a different weight (even at the same height), why does someone else's different weight claim provoke criticism? They don't need to be wrong in order for us to be right.

I do think it's a good thing for folks to be healthy as concerns weight, and it's nice for potential role models to model that health. That's really the only context in which I can make sense of the criticism: If the idea is that some 13-year-old out there who admires Eva Marie will think she needs to weigh 125 at 5'9", too.

Call me Pollyanna, but I'd rather we be trying to persuade 13-year-olds (and everyone else) that what matters is liking who they are, and striving to become their best them . . . not emulate some C-list "celebrity" "fitness model", however beautiful (and potentially Photoshopped ;) ).

(Shrug).

My point was, it was not HER representation of her weight that I posted. It was what was posted on celebrity sites and Wikipedia, which can be all kinds of inaccurate. It could be old, it could be made up, it could be publicity that requires an asterisk and the disclosure “For marketing purposes only.” As the great Abraham Lincoln once said, “You can’t believe everything you read on the internets.” So I just wanted to flag that it could be complete BS as far as I knew. :D:#

I have tried to find a more current photo of her (without spending more than 2 minutes googling) since the red haired phase was from several years ago. The photo of her with her husband makes her look thinner than in her active wrestling phase. To my eye, more plausibly in the 125 range. She is now a fitness model so perhaps her physique and weight have changed from when she was slamming people’s heads into the mat. Or maybe it is just the magic of the Instagram friendly pose (arms back, leg out, awkwardly on toes).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5281847/WWE-star-Eva-Marie-pens-essay-battle-alcoholism.html

If I had found an interview where she said she was a certain weight, I would certainly believe her and take it entirely at face value. And as I said, everyone carries their weight differently.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    WWE stars are notorious for overhyping/exaggerating weight/height stats (pretty standard). It's showmanship/allure
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

(Shrug).

My point was, it was not HER representation of her weight that I posted. It was what was posted on celebrity sites and Wikipedia, which can be all kinds of inaccurate. It could be old, it could be made up, it could be publicity that requires an asterisk and the disclosure “For marketing purposes only.” As the great Abraham Lincoln once said, “You can’t believe everything you read on the internets.” So I just wanted to flag that it could be complete BS as far as I knew. :D:#

I have tried to find a more current photo of her (without spending more than 2 minutes googling) since the red haired phase was from several years ago. The photo of her with her husband makes her look thinner than in her active wrestling phase. To my eye, more plausibly in the 125 range. She is now a fitness model so perhaps her physique and weight have changed from when she was slamming people’s heads into the mat. Or maybe it is just the magic of the Instagram friendly pose (arms back, leg out, awkwardly on toes).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5281847/WWE-star-Eva-Marie-pens-essay-battle-alcoholism.html

If I had found an interview where she said she was a certain weight, I would certainly believe her and take it entirely at face value. And as I said, everyone carries their weight differently.

You’re right, eve is 5’7- she said so herself on Big brother LIVE just a couple days go. But on WWE they say she’s 5’8. So who knows about her actual weight.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Well, off the back of this thread and the article about her training regime linked up-thread, I'm going to save that picture as a screensaver on my phone. I'll look at it in the morning before I try putting weights on the Olympic bar for the first time.

So if this thread has achieved nothing else, I'm sure the local chiropractor will appreciate the custom. Talking of which, er, guys? Can someone be ready to call the chiropractor for me at about 9.25am tomorrow?

What time zone? ;)
    I'm GMT. Will that be a problem?

Yeah, I'll be sleeping. Don't die, ok?

:rage:

:lol:

May I suggest that as a way to thank her for her concern, that for the foreseeable future, you tag her everyday to let her know that you're still alive.

As for the OP... Do the work or don't do the work. If you aren't willing to do the heavy lifting, it will most certainly take a lot longer to reach that shape than if you do the lifting.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Well, off the back of this thread and the article about her training regime linked up-thread, I'm going to save that picture as a screensaver on my phone. I'll look at it in the morning before I try putting weights on the Olympic bar for the first time.

So if this thread has achieved nothing else, I'm sure the local chiropractor will appreciate the custom. Talking of which, er, guys? Can someone be ready to call the chiropractor for me at about 9.25am tomorrow?

What time zone? ;)
    I'm GMT. Will that be a problem?

Yeah, I'll be sleeping. Don't die, ok?

:rage:

:lol:

May I suggest that as a way to thank her for her concern, that for the foreseeable future, you tag her everyday to let her know that you're still alive.

As for the OP... Do the work or don't do the work. If you aren't willing to do the heavy lifting, it will most certainly take a lot longer to reach that shape than if you do the lifting.
    On it like a car bonnet!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    rosiorama wrote: »
    Ok. I’ve read through this thread... I keep coming back to it again and again, but help me out here (ladies specifically).

Someone here posted that Eva Marie (the one in the photo) is 5’8” and weighs 125 pounds. Can any women here confirm that this is is a legitimate weight for someone who is that tall and looks like that?

I know comparison is the thief of joy and I DO NOT want to get down to that weight but...

I am 5’8” and am currently 174. I have the strength to do a few unassisted pull-ups (just to give you an idea of my muscle composition because I don’t know my fat% but could guess if you want me to). My goal weight is 165... and I’ve been between 165 and 170 and have been happy there. The lowest I could ever see myself at is 150 but anything lower than that I’d think I’d look either fitness competition-ready or ill.

Really? 125? Can anyone chime in on this? I am not asking to criticize - that weight seems ridiculously low. And she isn’t super shredded.

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that she is that weight at that height. Her BMI is 19.0 at those stats so still within the healthy range.

Most UFC fighters in the women's flyweight division tend to be between 5' 3" and 5' 6" but Katlyn Chookagian is 5' 9". She is pictured below on the left. The other fighter is Liz Carmouche who is 5' 6" and is, IMHO, one of the most muscled and among the strongest P4P of the women fighters out there.

The thing to keep in mind is that these are professional athletes, the cream of the crop, the 1%. Most people can't and won't compare to them.

b70dxz50br17.png

I read through this thread and just for sake of clarity on this picture since this picture has been referenced a few times i'm pretty sure this photo was taken at UFC 205 and it was a Bantamweight fight not a flyweight fight so 5'9 Chookagian weighed in at 135 not 125.

As far as the Eva Marie photo i'd personally be surprised if she weighed 125 though it's certainly not impossible. I weighed 135 at 5'6 and didn't have anywhere close to the definition that she has in that photo.

On the other end of the spectrum my current profile pic after several bulk cut cycles is me at 145 and looking significantly leaner than the Eva Marie photo, it just shows that its really hard to tell someones weight based on height and their perceived level of leanness in a photo. Its nearly impossible to tell what someones muscle mass is from a photo and a height.

*Edit to add- OP there is really no way to tell how long it took her to look like that. It totally depends on her muscle base and body fat levels when she first started training or cutting. If she had a lot of muscle mass when she first started training or losing weight she may have just needed to drop a few pounds to look like that which could have taken a few weeks. If she didn't have a good deal of muscle mass when starting she may have needed to run several bulk/cut cycles which could take years. Be assured though that she is definitely doing some type of weight training and consistently monitoring her nutrition.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 It's 10.59am GMT and I live!

Yay! (Glad I have my push notifications turned off. :laugh:)
  • HeliumIsNoble
    Options
    @quiksylver296 It's 10.59am GMT and I live!

Yay! (Glad I have my push notifications turned off. :laugh:)
    :tongue:
  • gladys0919
    gladys0919 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Wasnt trying to "trash" anyone, from MY experience it just seems off that someone that height would have such a low weight, but alas, you are proving me wrong! I stand corrected!
  • born_of_fire74
    Options
    rosiorama wrote: »
    Ok. I’ve read through this thread... I keep coming back to it again and again, but help me out here (ladies specifically).

Someone here posted that Eva Marie (the one in the photo) is 5’8” and weighs 125 pounds. Can any women here confirm that this is is a legitimate weight for someone who is that tall and looks like that?

I know comparison is the thief of joy and I DO NOT want to get down to that weight but...

I am 5’8” and am currently 174. I have the strength to do a few unassisted pull-ups (just to give you an idea of my muscle composition because I don’t know my fat% but could guess if you want me to). My goal weight is 165... and I’ve been between 165 and 170 and have been happy there. The lowest I could ever see myself at is 150 but anything lower than that I’d think I’d look either fitness competition-ready or ill.

Really? 125? Can anyone chime in on this? I am not asking to criticize - that weight seems ridiculously low. And she isn’t super shredded.

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that she is that weight at that height. Her BMI is 19.0 at those stats so still within the healthy range.

Most UFC fighters in the women's flyweight division tend to be between 5' 3" and 5' 6" but Katlyn Chookagian is 5' 9". She is pictured below on the left. The other fighter is Liz Carmouche who is 5' 6" and is, IMHO, one of the most muscled and among the strongest P4P of the women fighters out there.

The thing to keep in mind is that these are professional athletes, the cream of the crop, the 1%. Most people can't and won't compare to them.

b70dxz50br17.png

I read through this thread and just for sake of clarity on this picture since this picture has been referenced a few times i'm pretty sure this photo was taken at UFC 205 and it was a Bantamweight fight not a flyweight fight so 5'9 Chookagian weighed in at 135 not 125.

As far as the Eva Marie photo i'd personally be surprised if she weighed 125 though it's certainly not impossible. I weighed 135 at 5'6 and didn't have anywhere close to the definition that she has in that photo.

On the other end of the spectrum my current profile pic after several bulk cut cycles is me at 145 and looking significantly leaner than the Eva Marie photo, it just shows that its really hard to tell someones weight based on height and their perceived level of leanness in a photo. Its nearly impossible to tell what someones muscle mass is from a photo and a height.

*Edit to add- OP there is really no way to tell how long it took her to look like that. It totally depends on her muscle base and body fat levels when she first started training or cutting. If she had a lot of muscle mass when she first started training or losing weight she may have just needed to drop a few pounds to look like that which could have taken a few weeks. If she didn't have a good deal of muscle mass when starting she may have needed to run several bulk/cut cycles which could take years. Be assured though that she is definitely doing some type of weight training and consistently monitoring her nutrition.

Dang, that is very possible as women's flyweight is quite new. That hadn't occurred to me. Chookagian lists herself as flyweight so I went with that. Good catch.
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    0ykprtd5bzs3.jpeg

To achieve a body like this how long would it take? From your personal experience what’s your guesstimate?

How many days a week? Would you need a trainer for this?
    I guess what I’m wondering is, is it harder than it looks? can you achieve this without thinking so hard, like a basic routine, lift heavy weights and done? Or do you have to be really strict.

For example I do squats, I have no clue how many I do I just do them periodically and randomly like when I’m waiting on toast. And I got a lil toning going on. No routine no special techniques just regular squats.

Would that be the same for arms and abs? Or do people make it seem more complicated than it seems.

Also, I’m just using her pic as an example.

Decades...and she's a genetically gifted athlete. She is an athlete...she gets paid to train and stay in shape...she's doing far more than a few squats in the kitchen here and there waiting on the toast to be done. It not only takes years of dedication to develop that kind of physique, it takes years of continued dedication to maintain it.

I can guarantee you she has a very strict training regimen and also likely has a very strict diet plan.

This is kind of like asking if I could look like Dwayne Johnson by hitting up the local planet fitness a few days a week for 30-60 minutes and eating pizza.

By no means have I ever came close to resembling Dwayne Johnson but I got the “ripped “ look I was looking for after a few years... so I think it’s possible for someone to get that kind of body... genetics aside. I blew it all away though in less then a year just being lazy....just saying I don’t think a body like that is out of reach if you got the right mindset and patience.