Naturally Slim Program

Options
My husband's employer has offered us the Naturally Slim program at no charge, and we decided to give it a try. We just completed week 1 and I must say, it is giving me conflicted feelings.

For anyone wondering, the program is meant to retrain the way you eat and behave around food. Essentially you chew slowly, eat only one thing on your plate at a time (no combining flavors) to satisfy your brain's 'taste center' , and you eat using a timer (10 minutes eating, 5 minute break to evaluate your hunger levels), then 10 or more minutes eating if needed).

You are supposed to think of your portions in terms of stomach size - they use a loosely held fist. You are also supposed to sip a 7:1 ratio of water to OJ through the day to level out blood sugar. No snacks. Ever.

They encourage food diaries but greatly discourage calorie tracking, or eliminating any foods from your diet (so, no low-carb or keto as they are evidently the devil).

Basically eat slowly at a calorie deficit, and stop when you are full. **mind blown**

Anyone else out there doing this? The NS message boards are not supportive - in fact a small number of NS devotees respond to most people and it feels somewhat cult like. I saw some older threads about the program, but didn't want to resurrect a zombie thread.

Thanks!

Replies

• MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    I think that so far the only good thing about this 'programme' is the fact that you and your husband don't have to pay for it.
    Hear, hear!

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Glad it is working for you. I think after reading some more data, that this is really just a form of cognitive restraint. Interesting. I will be watching the thread.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Lol to no snacks yet allowing these putatively non-snacks: 1 hard boiled egg, 5 strawberries, 1 tsp peanut butter, 15 peanuts, 2 cups popcorn, 2 peanut butter crackers, 1 oz meat or jerkey, 1/4 high fiber cereal, or 15 edamame.

Well, it's free, and there are some useful things amidst the woo.

I assume you are getting weighed weekly? I found that helpful when I did WW. I had daily weigh ins when I did the VA TeleMOVE program, and periodic check ins, and knowing someone was looking at my weight was useful to me.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    To me it's not the meal pattern aspect that bothers me, the restrictive food selection does.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I saw the company's website. It said no refunds at any time. That says something about their character.