Naturally Slim Program

Options

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Why didn't our ancestors a million years ago come up with such a splendid idea? By now we would not have overweight people any more! Obviously they ate what they could find, had no watch, virtually no starches, no chemicals and didn't know how big their stomachs were. Silly people! How on earth did they survive that long? "They" should have died out a long time ago....
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Pretty sure one teaspoon of peanut butter is what's left to lick off the knife after making my sandwich. Not a snack.
    I AM NOT ALONE!

love my PB, yep.

edit: Restricting calories to a slight deficit is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Not restricting foods and how I choose to juggle those calories throughout the day.

It's sad that you ever thought your were. PB is the answer to so many things. :p
  • kami3006
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Pretty sure one teaspoon of peanut butter is what's left to lick off the knife after making my sandwich. Not a snack.
    I AM NOT ALONE!

love my PB, yep.

edit: Restricting calories to a slight deficit is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Not restricting foods and how I choose to juggle those calories throughout the day.

It's sad that you ever thought your were. PB is the answer to so many things. :p

I would be lying if I were to say I didn't give in to some woo in the past. It was neither fun nor beneficial :#

One of my main pain points in the past was that, in trying to be "open minded" to some of the solutions out there, I remained closed minded to the simplest and most effective. It took a long time for me to learn that food (all foods) was not the enemy. :o

I think most people have succumbed to it. It's easy to find and often very convincing. Live and learn.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I AM NOT ALONE!

love my PB, yep.

I would be lying if I were to say I didn't give in to some woo in the past. It was neither fun nor beneficial :#

One of my main pain points in the past was that, in trying to be "open minded" to some of the solutions out there, I remained closed minded to the simplest and most effective. It took a long time for me to learn that food (all foods) was not the enemy. :o

I think most people have succumbed to it. It's easy to find and often very convincing. Live and learn.

That we do :)

You're so right by the way. PB really does fix almost anything <3
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    +
    I AM NOT ALONE!

love my PB, yep.

Peanut butter is the one thing I absolutely cannot stomach...the very thought of it makes me heave.
  • kami3006
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    +
    I AM NOT ALONE!

love my PB, yep.

Peanut butter is the one thing I absolutely cannot stomach...the very thought of it makes me heave.

My husband doesn't like it either. More for me!

I keep telling him that maybe one day there will be a cure. :laugh:
  • suziecue25
    Options
    +
    I AM NOT ALONE!

love my PB, yep.

My husband doesn't like it either. More for me!

I keep telling him that maybe one day there will be a cure. :laugh:

and I bet I know how he replies :D
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I AM NOT ALONE!

love my PB, yep.

Far from it. :smiley: There have been a few threads dedicated to peanut butter love around here over the years.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    +
    I AM NOT ALONE!

love my PB, yep.

Me neither. I don't know if I like the taste, but the smell alone makes me feel sick :s That means if I cook something that would otherwise require peanutbutter I get out my tesle and mortar and handgrind peanuts to make my own paste of sorts. Freshly ground peanuts don't have this yucky smell.
  • suziecue25
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    +
    I AM NOT ALONE!

love my PB, yep.

Me neither. I don't know if I like the taste, but the smell alone makes me feel sick :s That means if I cook something that would otherwise require peanutbutter I get out my tesle and mortar and handgrind peanuts to make my own paste of sorts. Freshly ground peanuts don't have this yucky smell.

With me its the horrible smell and the cloying texture ugh >:) . Peanut butter is another marmite....love or hate lol
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    All in all, I like the concept of trying something (even if the "woo" factor may be high, it doesn't seem to be deficient in nutrients) and tracking outcome data that includes scale weight, non-scale factors (clothes fit, feelings of hunger and satiety, etc.) and psychological/emotional response that may lead you to alter a pattern in a helpful way. Thanks for the updates, and keep them coming!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I saw some questions, so wanted to address them before the Week 3 update.

Yes, we weigh in weekly, and they also encourage tracking measurements. You get a NS branded tape measure in your welcome box.

When you eat a meal like stir-fry or casserole then that is considered one food, so you eat just that until you have taste satisfaction and you are comfortably full. That said, some members report picking soups, casseroles, and stir-fry apart and eating one component at a time. Terrifying! Others discourage these sorts of foods, certain that there must be something in the dish that you don't really like and that you shouldn't eat it.

I did the plan voluntarily with my husband,and there is no penalty should we not complete the 8 weeks they consider to be completed. My thoughts were that it's free, and it can't hurt to see what all the fuss is about. Also, there is alarmingly little information about the program on the internet. If I can enlighten someone - even one individual - looking for more information before they drop their own money on it, that's a win!

Finally, yes, I was on a good path when I started the program. I will certainly take what works and discard the 'woo' aspects. You won't catch me drinking watered down OJ or apple juice (evidently these are the only ones that work, so screw you lemon and lime juice). I am always curious about what plans are available, and what they offer. Right now I find the plan largely helpful - the mindful aspect and eating slowly, listening to your body - with some fairly silly pseudo-science that rubs me the wrong way (like not tracking actual calories, or how you really don't burn fat unless you are at a level 2).

I also find their NS message boards increasingly toxic. It's frightening to me how many absolutely devoted members are there, and how quickly they jump on you should you dare disagree with a principle (such as the H2oj or eating one thing at a time), or if you share your own personal experiences with things like carbs (which I continue to restrict because it makes me feel better). They are a sensitive nest of harpies to be sure!

I will be back in a few days with the next update!

Thanks for the updates! It's really refreshing to see someone like yourself approaching these 'programs' with no blinkers on.

The only part of what you've told us so far that I agree with is perhaps the eating more slowly part. The rest? Yikes. :D