February 2019 Self-care Challenge

Options
1235»

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Back to basic self-care today.
    • Walked during morning and afternoon breaks.
    • Logged!
    • Really loving the book I'm reading/listening to ("Before and Again" by Barbara Delinsky).
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have been coming to terms with the idea that my fitness goals will have to be out on hold and may take some snacks for to needing hernia surgery scheduled for March first. I have been trying to make lemonade and party of that is recognizing that I can spend March focusing on other goals and a big party of that is focusing on mental health things like finally fixing my sleep schedule and fixing my hands and feet from the beating they take during my workouts.

I also had a follow up about my newer medication. It's been working well except for one side effect related to a delicate matter. In the past, I normally wouldn't talk about it with a make doctor but I advocated for myself and discussed it with him and I am really glad I did. It was an open and honest conversation that went better than I expected.

Also, my husband and I have been catching up on the CNN decades series. I have really been enjoying it and I love that intro.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    I have been coming to terms with the idea that my fitness goals will have to be out on hold and may take some snacks for to needing hernia surgery scheduled for March first. I have been trying to make lemonade and party of that is recognizing that I can spend March focusing on other goals and a big party of that is focusing on mental health things like finally fixing my sleep schedule and fixing my hands and feet from the beating they take during my workouts.

I also had a follow up about my newer medication. It's been working well except for one side effect related to a delicate matter. In the past, I normally wouldn't talk about it with a make doctor but I advocated for myself and discussed it with him and I am really glad I did. It was an open and honest conversation that went better than I expected.

Also, my husband and I have been catching up on the CNN decades series. I have really been enjoying it and I love that intro.

I feel you. I'm still recovering from recent surgery myself, and not being able to do my usual fitness routines is a true bummer. But it's good that you've already "come to terms" with focusing on other, non-physical, things during your recovery. That's what I'm trying to do as well - including that pesky sleep schedule thing. ;) Good luck with your surgery! Hope your recovery is as fast and complication-free as mine has been so far. (I'm still so grateful for how well it's going, even though it's slow and frustrating at times!) You got this! <3
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @skram01, good luck with the surgery!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @skram01's upcoming surgery reminded me of something I've done in the past for a friend, but it would also be nice as a self-care item. Fill a pretty box, basket, etc., with items for your recovery. For example, cozy socks, hand/foot cream, favorite tea, books, magazines, crossword/sudoku puzzles, a scented candle or other aromatherapy item, etc. (Lol, I'm sure you get the idea.)

• PKM0515
    Options
    Today's self-care was a brief, very-early-morning walk. It had snowed last night, just enough to cover the ground and sidewalks, and the snow was glistening like diamonds. I had fun trying to identify various animal prints in the snow.

I'll start a March thread as soon as I post this. :)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    February is over and here's my calendar of self care. I faltered in the middle with tracking but overall a good month.70e0q7f0uiyb.jpg
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I've had ups and downs this month after I told my Husband I wanted a divorce. Some days I cry and some days I'm happy; but every day I am at peace with my decision.
    Things I do to calm down:
    *Mediate every day before sleep
    *Today I typed two pages of reflections on this past month so I don't forget how I felt.
    * reaching out to close friends when I need to talk
    * Binged watched "money heist" on Netflix - amazing show (subtitles make you focus more )
    * Continued to workout after school
  • jenilla1
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    February is over and here's my calendar of self care. I faltered in the middle with tracking but overall a good month.70e0q7f0uiyb.jpg

I totally need one of those! Where did you get that?

P.S. Glad to hear you've made peace with your decision. That's key to getting through any personal crisis. Stay confident! You're gonna be OK! <3
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @jenilla1 I got it at a craft fair. I can look online and find a link later. xo :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Today's self-care was a brief, very-early-morning walk. It had snowed last night, just enough to cover the ground and sidewalks, and the snow was glistening like diamonds. I had fun trying to identify various animal prints in the snow.

I'll start a March thread as soon as I post this. :)

This is great. I walk my dog every morning and I love when it snows because she is a hound with that uber sensitive nose and I can actually see what she is sniffing! Walking in the snow is such great therapy for the soul!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    @jenilla1 I got it at a craft fair. I can look online and find a link later. xo :)

Awesome, thx! :D