What determines if you accept or decline a FR????

Options

Replies

• RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Deny deny deny.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    What button I click.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    no message with the request..at least telling me where they found me. No pic, no profile, or a private profile. There should be a reason why they asked me.....
  • abickford82
    Options
    No dudes, I've been on here in the past before I was married and usually they're into creeping. Only had 2 male friends in the past who weren't (one was the man I married), and the other I knew outside of MFP who was in my running group. Otherwise, I'm open to all.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    I don't usually accept FR from guys, unless they're someone I know in real life or I've interacted with them in some way.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    No dudes, I've been on here in the past before I was married and usually they're into creeping. Only had 2 male friends in the past who weren't (one was the man I married), and the other I knew outside of MFP who was in my running group. Otherwise, I'm open to all.

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had dudes trying to chat me up and I was like yeahhh.. block. Sorry. not interested.
  • abickford82
    Options

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had dudes trying to chat me up and I was like yeahhh.. block. Sorry. not interested.

I know a lot of people get PO'd when women decline guys, but having that experience in the past -- it just turns me off. I'm sure there are plenty of men who just want the support, but the majority -- I'll take my experience and stick with what happend before. :)
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Whether or not they send an offensive pic with the request.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I won't accept a creeper FR...

Tricked ya ;-)
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Whether or not they send an offensive pic with the request.

SO.

I need to work on my game. What's more offensive than the picture of my...... oh.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    interesting - guys dont accept requests from guys because that's just gay; and women don't accept request from guys because they don't want to be stalked.

Guess I'm on my own
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    My profile specifically states that I won't accept FR's without some reason/comment - it's like my basic intelligence test. Anyone who fails doesn't get accepted.

I'm not here to collect friends, pick up anyone or babysit so it's no skin off my nose. I usually get at least one a week from someone who obviously hasn't bothered to read my profile.I also decline anyone who hasn't filled out a profile at least somewhat, closed diaries and abnormal eating habits.

Every 6 or so months I'll go through and delete people based on habits, logging, diaries or just because they are on a different path which is in some way destructive or dangerous.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I first started to post that I've never turned down a FR then I realized that I have turned down a few. I feel pretty good about who and why:

1) Strange out of the blue FR that seem to be tied to some kind of spam or someone sounding like they are selling some product.

2) Provocative bikini /boob /underwear avatars. Yes, I'm a straight male, but its been my experience that women that use that as their avatars are attention starved and flood your newsfeed with every mundane detail of their lives.

3) A person whose only message was, "I'm trying to get some friends for support" and they already had hundreds of friends. These are usually the more conservative version of #2.
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    Options
    I always accept. I just delete if there is no communication :)
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Contents of profile and profile pic.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    i get grossed out when they send a FR and ask for pics
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I accepted a few friend requests...it seemed to me that it was just a lot of "XXX completed their food diary for the day" or "XXX weighed in", after which everyone was supposed to send a 'high five' or a 'tomorrow's a new day' message. I truly didn't get what was going to be motivating about that (it was more of an annoyance than anything), so I deleted all of them. I haven't sent or accepted any friend requests since then. I truly don't get the point. Maybe someone can enlighten me?
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I accepted a few friend requests...it seemed to me that it was just a lot of "XXX completed their food diary for the day" or "XXX weighed in", after which everyone was supposed to send a 'high five' or a 'tomorrow's a new day' message. I truly didn't get what was going to be motivating about that (it was more of an annoyance than anything), so I deleted all of them. I haven't sent or accepted any friend requests since then. I truly don't get the point. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

You realise that you can post other stuff too? I've made some very good friends on here without the need to high five everyone because we actually communicate :flowerforyou:
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    my single most important criterion is message. and some send out an automated message "hey wanna get fit together?"

NOOOO
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Boobs.

No, not really. I mean, they help...

Seriously though, it's nice if I at least get a message with the FR, and even then it's not a requirement.