What determines if you accept or decline a FR????

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I generally auto-decline any FR without a message unless I'm fairly familiar with them. And generally accept any that have a message. I can weed out the ones I don't like later.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    you send it i accept it. no questions asked, I deny no one
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I accepted a few friend requests...it seemed to me that it was just a lot of "XXX completed their food diary for the day" or "XXX weighed in", after which everyone was supposed to send a 'high five' or a 'tomorrow's a new day' message. I truly didn't get what was going to be motivating about that (it was more of an annoyance than anything), so I deleted all of them. I haven't sent or accepted any friend requests since then. I truly don't get the point. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Bummer. You didn't get good friends. If you were on my FL, you could learn all about captain dress code McDouchey pants, know why today I'm wearing nothing but a thong and bikini top, read all about the adventures of demon spawn, and all kinds of other things. Motivating? Probably not. But certainly fun.

QFT - a good dose of vitaminddd will do ya good (even if she does refuse to send us photos of today's ensemble...)! :laugh:

ETA: I generally accept friend requests that come with a short message saying where they found me / what we have in common; and/or if they have a viewable profile that makes what we have in common obvious. But if we don't have any real correspondence afterwards or if they don't login regularly, I'll prune my friend list relatively frequently. I like to keep my list to a small core group whom I can actually get to know so that we can sincerely support each other.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept all requests from women. If it's a man I'll check their profile. If they only have women friends I'll decline. Just something creepy about that.

why is that creepy?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept all requests from women. If it's a man I'll check their profile. If they only have women friends I'll decline. Just something creepy about that.

why is that creepy?

Because it seems like they're just collecting women friends to check out their pics, flirt, etc. makes me wonder about their intentions.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

why is that creepy?

Because it seems like they're just collecting women friends to check out their pics, flirt, etc. makes me wonder about their intentions.

If you accept all women without question, then I wonder about YOUR intentions.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options

why is that creepy?

Truth! I have had a few like that, whilst I have no issues with a bit of banter, I am have no interest in sharing pics other that what is on my profile. I have had some seriously odd people (men) on my FL, they get deleted pretty quickly, once I get to truly understand the intention. Also, if someone sends me a FR, then fails to be interactive (male or female), they are gone.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'll accept any FR, unless they're an obvious troll or pro-ana, despite my jokes to the contrary.
    Then if they piss me off or are inactive for months, I delete.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I accept pretty much any request, but prefer a message along with it. Will delete if FR is blatant attempt to "collect" friends or due to inactivity or lack of interaction.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'll accept anyone as well....but I think people are superficial and don't add people without a pic....I don't ha e a pic because I know random people would add me then...just because.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always accept but I do go through my FL and delete the people I don't connect with.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    i have a very stringent selection process
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I accept almost anyone as long as they're not obviously creepy.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept any FR, but after a while if that person is non-supportive or not active, then i give them the boot.
  • dawndovell
    dawndovell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a harder time accepting girls with eating disorders though. It really makes me feel bad... it's such a serious problem, and I don't want to be encouraging them in any way, but I don't know if I can help them either. Out of fear that I may in any way unintentionally encourage thier illness, (like what if they eat under their calorie goal and I comment "way to go!" by accident, as I do for those on my friends list that are trying to lose weight??!!!) so I often decline. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing... it really saddens me to see someone who's goal is essentially a BMI of 15. :(

I have a really hard time with this too, I don't want to delete them because they clearly need some sort of guidance, but I hate when I feel like they are just looking for the attention.

Thank you thank you thank you. I have a "friend" that eats 600 calories and everyone is posting cheerfully "Good job!" WTH? But I have not been able to delete her...
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Not sure that I've ever rejected a friend request... not that I get that many. I delete people occasionally if they're not logging in much or are overly depressing.
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'll pretty much accept anyone who seems like they'll be a positive influence and encouragement on my journey :)

hint, hint... lol
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    This isn't a super elite club. I don't care who adds me.. I have nothing to hide on my profile and I didn't join to flirt up with guys
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

why is that creepy?

If you accept all women without question, then I wonder about YOUR intentions.

Lol wut? Sorry to disappoint you but I'm straight. :laugh:
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    Wait, so let me get this right.....if I don't accept everyone I'm not supportive, but if I do accept everyone I would be collecting?? :huh:

MMHMM.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: