Ladies, have any of you bought/owned "goal" clothes?

Options
Has anyone purchased or owned a piece of clothing that motivates you to lose weight so you can wear it? I just found a dress I love in a size 16 (I'm a 26 now) and decided to order it because it was on sale and so I can have something to look forward to while I'm working out. Hopefully I'll end up smaller then that, but dresses normally last a little longer then other clothes and I can alter it down as I lose weight since I'm a good seamstress.

Has anyone else purchased or owned goal clothing?

Replies

• darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just bought a new pair of jeans today for that reason.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Not really, since vanity sizing is a monstrous lie. I can wear anything from a 6 to a 14 depending on the garment.

However, I do have some jeans in the attic I refused to throw away when I gained weight after college. I gained two sizes and have already brought down the middle size. I should be able to fit in the smallest ones I squirreled away by the end of the month!
  • rleighjordan
    Options
    I bought a dress once that was originally ninety bucks that was one sale for ten, but it was two sizes too small, so it really encouraged me to work out and eat healthy because it was such a gorge dress I couldn't pass up the deal!
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I ordered a r2d2 dress that's a couple sizes to small can't wait to it fits :)
  • gmarrier
    gmarrier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans and a jean skirt that I wore prior to the birth of my son (23 years ago) that I swear I am going to get into one day. Just not sure how long it is going to take to get to that day... with my luck they will disintegrate first...
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    A pair of loved, 501 Levis, about a size 14-16 probably. They are not a final goal, but an improvement!!!:wink:

ETA: I was married in a size 14 dress, in 1979
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I got a cute shirt at the thrift store (I know, big commitment). It shrunk even further down in the wash.

legendary___barney_stinson_by_southerndesigner_1.jpg
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I spent a ridiculous amount of money on a (my first) bikini last year and got into it. (I don't have an ideal "bikini body", but after losing 83 lbs and gaining the "couldn't care less what others think of me" attitude that comes with age, I decided I would do what made ME feel good.) I've gained some back and that bikini is my motivation for losing it again. :happy:
  • EllieBMackal
    EllieBMackal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    yes i have alot
  • lawnis04
    lawnis04 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yep. A pair of jeans that I couldn't quite do up. Currently can do them up, but they're not the most flattering. But they're essentially the same fit on me as a lot of jeans I used to wear before I lost weight. Hopefully soon they'll be the perfect size.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yes I have done both. I used to be a size medium/5 and I kept a good portion of those clothes. And I have bought a few items to motivate me more too lol it doesn't help me too much but I occasionally look back at them and my old photos to help and it temporarily help motivates me. lol
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Half of my closet...:ohwell:
  • morethanflawed
    Options
    I have a pair of size 0-1 jeans that I plan to fit into again.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I had a bucket full of size 12's that I had tucked away in the back of the closet for four years. The bucket is almost empty as most of them are now hanging in my closet cuz I wear them everyday - some of them are even big! My goal was to wear them again, now I think I may have to change my goal size and buy new clothes when I am done anyway. I never even thought about surpassing them! :)
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I don't but this thread makes me want to go shopping lol
  • VaneenHarra
    VaneenHarra Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Half of my closet...:ohwell:

This^ lol. Well I can fit mostly all of my shirts, but ALL of my jeans and non yoga pants are 1-3 sizes too small. urgg! I hate even looking in my pants closet. I can't wait to get into them again. And yes, I also find myself ordering online, clothes that I know I can't fit right now. But I *know* I'll be able to fit in about 2 months :-p
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    No, but only b/c I have no idea what size I'll need. I REALLY want some Marlies Dekkers bras and matching undies. Right now I'm a 36FF and I don't want to order a 34DD if I wind up being a 34F or something. But if I found something that had fewer variables, like a dress or jeans, I'd definitely do it.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I buy cheap goal clothes usually only 1-2 sizes smaller and only on sale..I love the juniors section ...sale sale sale because of school! hahah
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yep...too many things really, since I'm a thrift store addict and only shop on half off day, so I get great deals and just can't pass up cute things that I know I will fit into soon (and there are some things that I bought before that I can wear now). I probably have more things that I should be able to wear in a few months than things I can wear now. I have had one dress for a few years, as I have made a few lame attempts before, but this time I'm doing things the right way and I keep that one hung up outside my closet door so that I see it every day. If you haven't bought something as a goal yet, I say go for it!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I bought this hot bikini and my butt has always been able to fit into a small but this freakin' small is tiny LOL

the top is fine, the bottoms... well... I don't know if I want to lose any weight down there, I like my *kitten*!