Ladies, have any of you bought/owned "goal" clothes?

Options

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with a pretty little mauve dress at Forever21 a while back, but I could only find that single size small garment. I scoured the store looking for a medium, but there was just that one dress. I figured that it's Forever21. If the dress didn't fit me when i stopped loving it, I could give it to a friend for little loss. I still have the dress packed away into storage, and I'm actually making strides to actually fit into it now. It might even fit me now.
  • missjenbcs
    Options
    I just ordered a pair of shorts from Old navy 1 size smaller than I am right now just because... originally $22.95 now $3.50! I know I'll get there and what better way to celebrate than with a great bargain! I think having something to try on in the privacy of your own home to see how you are progressing is great. :glasses:
  • mrswilliams2uuu
    mrswilliams2uuu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    just ordered a dress today!!!! amiclubwear.com they have 50% off today only!!! made me feel even better about it.... hope i can fit it by my birthday
  • Smileyfacedana
    Smileyfacedana Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes I have!!! I left a pair of 16 capris hanging where I could see them everyday. I started at a 24 and I did get into them. I even went on down to a loose 14.....sadly I am back up into those 16...but I am working on it!!! I also had a motivational wall in my small closet to see daily. It was full of quotes and pictures of my dream weight. Listen... Never never give up!! Imagery is powerful. Close your eyes and SEE yourself in that dress! What the mind can see the body will achieve.....ha....within reason. I can imagine myself looking like a bikini model but I doubt my body , at 47 yrs old, is ready for that!! Do it girl!!! Whatever gives you motivation is a good thing!! I believe you will we're that dress one day!!!! Now...make it happen!!!
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My size 10 khaki green GAP army pants. CANNOT wait to fit into those again. I think another 5-7 lbs will do it. I remember 10 years ago how great they fit me and actually they were getting to big for me back then because I had gotten down pretty low in my weight. I will likely continue to lose more weight and see them become too big for me again, but I don't care!
  • Smileyfacedana
    Smileyfacedana Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wy to go girl!!!!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I think that's wonderful! I haven't thought of it. I go shopping and surprise myself with how low of a size I can fit, it's always like whoa I can't believe I just fit this... Moment.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a really cute dress that I wore 20 years ago when dh and I went on a 25th anniversary trip. He loved that dress :blushing: I had just lost 60 lbs getting ready for that trip, and it didn't take me long to gain it back after the trip :angry:

But I kept the dress just because it brings back so many memories. I'm so glad that I did, because my goal is to surprise him and take the dress with us when we go on a 45th anniversary trip in July 2014. It is probably a little young for me to wear in public, it is a really short tight jean dress, but I'd sure love to surprise him and wear it for him in private. :blushing:

This is my BIG GOAL. The dress is a 8/10, and I'm currently wearing a 16 W. I need to lose another 59lbs on top of the 26 I have already lost to be the same weight I was when I bought it.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I used to have bins FULL of too small clothes....many that still had the tags on that never wore. I have lost enough that I can get into almost all of them. Just 2 new pairs of jeans that are still too small. When I can get into them. I will be a very happy lady. :)
  • Skyebella27
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans I bought in a size 14 (size 22 right now) to give me something to look forward to trying on :-)

I also bought 2 pairs of workout pants in 2 sizes smaller and 3 sizes smaller because they were sooo nice and on SUPER clearance! I see the bags almost everyday and I can't wait to lose more weight to try them on!
  • stacey2022
    stacey2022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Guilty- **sigh
    I've gotta get there!
    I think I may do a vision board for some motivation!
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    No but that sounds like a great motivational thing. I could just hang a darling size 6-12 dress in the corner. I actually think that would really help me visualize things and stay focused more. It'd be the first thing I'd see in the morning and the last thing I see when I go to bed... Thanks for the idea!!
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Right now my goal clothes are all the jeans in my closet that were too tight for me last winter so I know they wont fit this year because I've gained even more weight. I love the summer because I prefer wearing skirts and dresses over trousers anyway, but I know that fall/winter is right around the corner and I'll have to fit into my jeans. Since I'm a student and pretty poor, I can't afford to buy fat pants (and I really don't want to anyway cause it's a bummer), I'm hoping to just be able to wear the clothes I already own. That would be awesome.
  • Michielynn222
    Michielynn222 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a dress I got cause it was amazing! And it's in that fabric that clings to your body, but is soft and stretchy, so I technically 'fit; in it right now, but it looks horrendous. I want to wear it on my birthday in 2 months and I am determined to looks sexy in it!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I had an entire dresser full of clothing from high school. It feels great to be able to wear all of them again. Glad I didn't toss them.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Great idea! :) I own a pair of jeans that I could only fit into at 150lbs before, when I was working out at 19. I also own a skirt that I've had since I was 15 lol. I can fasten it up but I have a hardcore muffin top but hey, at least I can get it over my *kitten* now! :D
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Nope. Just because I hoped to be a certain size and shape certainly didn't mean I would actually fit those dimension when I hit goal. I think pre-shopping sets folks up for a disappointment.
  • TPlenge
    TPlenge Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My closet is full of them. My motivation is to not have to buy more clothes, but rather to fit in to the ones I already own. :laugh:
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I saved a lot of clothes from when I was a bit smaller and recently purged it all. Better to dress in the moment and find styles that truly suit me :) Maybe I would buy one for looking forward but sizes change and my body definition might change by the time I hit whatever "size" it is anyway. I'll stick with my small, love everything in it, "fits me right now" wardrobe :)
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Be careful doing this. I bought a fitted dress as my goal dress. I can wear it now but it is too long in the waist so it doesn't fit correctly at all. :sad: I then bought a pair of pants from Goodwill as goal pants and they ended up fitting right away. lol