10 Unbelievable Diet Rules Backed by Science

Options
1235»

Replies

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Damn. All this time I thought I was unconventional. A maverick weight loser.
  • Kicker12
    Kicker12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options

1. Skip breakfast if you want.
    The one diet rule we've heard more than any other: A healthy diet begins with a great breakfast. There's just one problem: A good breakfast doesn't guarantee an overall healthy diet. In fact, according to a survey conducted by the NPD group, nearly 90 percent of Americans now eat breakfast, and yet nearly 50 percent of Americans are either overweight or obese. There are two things you should know about breakfast:

This doesn't state what the Americans then went on to eat, if they were trying to loose weight, this means nothing and of course a good breakfast doesn't guarantee an overall healthy diet, it depends on what you eat the rest of the day, this doesn't mean you shouldn't have a breakfast.

Yes it does because other points reflect that it doesn't matter how many meals you eat in a day- it's calories in calories out. So yeah, you can skip breakfast.

I'm not saying you can or can't skip breakfast, what I'm saying is just because 50% of Americans are obese that doesn't necessarily mean they are obese because they've eaten breakfast.
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ElegantElle
    ElegantElle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Standing ovation to this
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Not bad. Was expecting complete crap. I don't agree 100%, but compared to most lists here it is very good.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Not bad. Was expecting complete crap. I don't agree 100%, but compared to most lists here it is very good.

QFT
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Eating a big breakfast pays off

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/diabetescheckup/eating-breakfast-king

In Italy, 420 individuals participated in a weight-loss study for 4 months. The average age was 42 years old and the average body mass index (BMI) was 31.4, which puts the average participant in the obese category. They were divided into two groups: those who ate their biggest meal in the middle of the day (the “early lunch” group), and those who ate their biggest meal in the evening.

Surprisingly, the early-lunch group lost more weight by the end of the study, even though both groups took in comparable amounts of calories (about 1,400 a day). The researchers also looked at other variables, such as participants’ energy expenditure and their intake of carbohydrate, protein, and fat, as well as whether the “morning” people’s sleep patterns and hormones were related in any ways to those of the “evening” people.