Haters gonna hate. tired of the "1200 is not enough" speech

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way, injuries can keep you flat out in bed ,
    I have lost muscle but not weight even though I've been eating 2000 plus daily. Some members here have a hard time gaining.
    If Alan Aragon can't put weight on me i'm certain you can't. Sorry for dropping names, sometimes it's needed

Then eat even more. You are not outside the laws of thermodynamics.

Oh I did, 2500+ daily, gained 1 pound per month after 6 months of eating as much as I could. Lost those 6 pounds in 2 weeks from not tracking. Science is not fact.

Might be that I never dieted and created an excess of fat cells. Who knows?

Lolwut?

You might want to look up the root of the word "science". You might learn just how hilarious that statement was.

Hahaha!
    Science leaves ample space for variation.
    I am an outlier according to the tests I've had, or you can call me snowflake, freak, whatever you'd prefer.

Hey, me too! Here's to outliers! :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Probably not the best example to use for this point.

I was rushed! :grumble:

Excuses!

Take the time to find the best gif, or don't bother! :explode:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I have lost muscle but not weight even though I've been eating 2000 plus daily. Some members here have a hard time gaining.
    If Alan Aragon can't put weight on me i'm certain you can't. Sorry for dropping names, sometimes it's needed

Oh I did, 2500+ daily, gained 1 pound per month after 6 months of eating as much as I could. Lost those 6 pounds in 2 weeks from not tracking. Science is not fact.

We get it. You're awesome. You've never been fat. Why do you feel the need to tell the MFP community this at EVERY CHANCE YOU GET when the pretense for saying it is always so thin and transparent.

Valid question is valid.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Probably not the best example to use for this point.

I was rushed! :grumble:

Excuses!

Take the time to find the best gif, or don't bother! :explode:

Ashamed.gif
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well you are not alone Camilla. I have done 1200 cals a day since January 5th 2013, MFP allocated me more but because I don't do hardly any exercise due to a back injury I stuck to 1200 cals, I have lost EVERY WEEK since January slowly and surely, I have now lost just over 41lbs, I never put my cals up, some days I only ate maybe 1100 of those cals as just not hungry. So for me, it's plenty of intake, I am healthier than I have ever been, I have lost weight more consistently than some people doing higher cals and my metabolism is working at normal rate. I have lost on average 1.2lbs per week which is by no means a rapid loss. I hope to reach my goal weight by Christmas and am sticking to what has worked for me 1200 cals. Feel free to add me (or anyone), I log daily, I weigh my foods and am very committed.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

We get it. You're awesome. You've never been fat. Why do you feel the need to tell the MFP community this at EVERY CHANCE YOU GET when the pretense for saying it is always so thin and transparent.

This is MYFITNESS PAL. I just might be trying to tell you all that one diet or form of exercise does not fit all. Think for yourselves and do your own research.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

This is MYFITNESS PAL. I just might be trying to tell you all that one diet or form of exercise does not fit all. Think for yourselves and do your own research.

...says the spokesperson for the MFP 1%.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,099 Member
    Options

Valid question is valid.

OH! I know the answer to this!!!

Because she's always been thin!!!!

Asked and answered in the question.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Lolwut?

You might want to look up the root of the word "science". You might learn just how hilarious that statement was.

Hahaha!
    I am an outlier according to the tests I've had, or you can call me snowflake, freak, whatever you'd prefer.
    You just told us you gained weight when you ate over maintenance?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Withdrawn...due to being ashamed of inferior gif.

tumblr_llgxqxdzkY1qdiwfto1_500.gif
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options

Lolwut?

Hahaha!
    You just told us you gained weight when you ate over maintenance?

Well, maintenance on a 100 pound girl is not usually 2500+ per day when you're not doing anything. My RMR is 970, RMR averages out to almost 1100. Eating over 2500 meant eat all day, do nothing else.
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So many people say, "If 2000 is working for you, great. If 1200 is working for you, great." Here's the thing, 1200 will work for anyone UNTIL that person is at goal weight and tries to go back to eating "maintenance." I speak from experience. I did the 1200 calorie thing last year from January - April. I lost almost 20lbs. Guess what - I gained it all back. And I'm a runner - so it wasn't because I was eating and not exercising. It was because I went back to what should have been maintenance and my body freaked out. Same thing happened to me 10 years ago when I did weight watchers. I lost 30+lbs. I maintained it for about two years, but I maintained by continuing to eat way too little. When I started to eat a bit more - the weight slowly came back.

The 1200 was great - in my mind - because I was losing so quickly. It wasn't really so great for my body. But now I try 1200 and I just can't do it. I've decided to take a different approach and do heavy lifting because I looked back at my pictures from when I got married and was at my lowest, and I was skinny fat. I don't want that. I'd rather weight 170 and be FIT than weight 140 and still look bad in a bikini.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
    Options
    I think if 2000+ is working, then good for you & if 1200-1400 is working, then good for you. Everyone's body works differently & our exercise levels are all different. I hope we all lose weight & feel great.

This ^^^^

I feel the exact same way.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options

Valid question is valid.

sooooo... that means I know nothing about nutrition and exercise?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

If only that was the real reason but that is decidedly not why you post.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I eat more than that, but I don't care if other people eat less than I do!
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options

Why do I post?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Why do I post?

I could tell you but I'd like to avoid the consequences. Safe to say, a lot of people already know.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Valid question is valid.

sooooo... that means I know nothing about nutrition and exercise?

Since you use yourself as a prime example and you, yourself, say you're an outliner and only provide anecdotal evidence based on your <1% representation of the general population. I would say that as applied to the other 99%, that is an accurate statement. You typcially only seem to post to garner some sort of enjoyment out of pointing out the fact that you have never been overweight and cannot seem to gain weight because you're a special snowflake (your term for yourself).
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    So many people say, "If 2000 is working for you, great. If 1200 is working for you, great." Here's the thing, 1200 will work for anyone UNTIL that person is at goal weight and tries to go back to eating "maintenance."
    Yep, just because it's "working" in the short term doesn't mean that it's a sustainable long-term strategy or isn't causing other problems.

There was an episode of Curiosity where they tested people at various tasks while on various drugs, and the dude who was on cocaine excelled at all kinds of stuff and when they told him, "but it's really bad for your body and you should quit" he was bewildered that anyone could possibly think that. He told them they were completely wrong because look at how well he did on everything and he felt great and he was strong and he was powerful and he was so awesome and cocaine turned him into superman and made him immortal and invincible and unstoppable and they're all stupid and crazy and jealous to tell him to stop.

Apparently that mentality is more common than I would have guessed.