How can I get skinny?

Options
Hi everyone who wants to read my post. I’m struggling to lose weight. I’m fat and I feel so ugly and I think I need help. How can I get skinny? I do a 7.9 km walk 4-7days a week and I eat less but I’m struggling to lose more weight. I use to be 57kg when on heavy drugs and then after quitting I went up slowly to 126kg and after being put on heaps of medication. I’m now 83kg exactly today and I’m 5’9 which is 175cm tall. How many people think I’m really fat like I think? I know I’m overweight that’s why I’m asking for help

Replies

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    You're definitely in the overweight category on the BMI chart, you're not obese though. My BMI is higher than yours but I feel skinny lol.
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You are slightly overweight - 83 kg at 175 height is a bmi of just over 27.

You need to lose about 7 kg or 15 lb to get into healthy weight range, maybe a bit more to get perfect weight for you.
    57kg is only just above the lower cut off point of 18.6.

I don't think you should aim for such a low weight. Aim to lose 15 - 20 lb and then gain fitness/ body tone if you want to.

As the amount you need to lose is small, progress will be slow. Expect it to take at least 3 - 4 months.

I’m now down to 77kgs so I’m 1kg off a healthy bmi. My therapist and doctor told me I’m not overweight at 82kgs. And my therapist also told me European and English and German people can have a overweight bmi but really be a normal weight. I am English. What weight do you recommend I should go for?
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You are slightly overweight - 83 kg at 175 height is a bmi of just over 27.

You need to lose about 7 kg or 15 lb to get into healthy weight range, maybe a bit more to get perfect weight for you.
    57kg is only just above the lower cut off point of 18.6.

I don't think you should aim for such a low weight. Aim to lose 15 - 20 lb and then gain fitness/ body tone if you want to.

As the amount you need to lose is small, progress will be slow. Expect it to take at least 3 - 4 months.

I’m now down to 77kgs so I’m 1kg off a healthy bmi. My therapist and doctor told me I’m not overweight at 82kgs. And my therapist also told me European and English and German people can have a overweight bmi but really be a normal weight. I am English. What weight do you recommend I should go for?

Good. You have done well.

I'm not sure how 82 kg would not be slightly over weight for you - same as it was in my last post.

I think you should aim to lose, in total, 15 - 20lb, or 7 - 9 kg - that is including what you have already lost so, yes I agree with Lynn - to about 76kg.

Same as in my last post to you.

am not aware of English/German/European people having a higher BMI range, that doesnt sound right to me at all - I expect the charts were made on caucasian people so the normal healthy BMI range applies to you.

I

I am 77kgs now. I’m not sure how the bmi can get an exact reading when everyone has different size body frames. What size body frame does it go off?
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello OP and well done on all your achievements. As none of us have seen you in real life and the BMI charts are a range (for a reason), am not sure we should be telling you anything, particularly as you in the range. I wonder if you may be looking subsconsciously for some negative reinforcement of how you view yourself ? It may be difficult to absorb the amazing progress you have already made. There are a range of views on here from looking good giiirl to lose another whatever - professionals you are working with are also giving their views and it sounds like none it has squarely landed with you. This is not a criticism of you at all - and I suspect you have more strength than you even know. But as suggested above, perhaps working on the mental health side of things for a bit while continuing to be kind to yourself may get you the result you are after, with or without a change in weight.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is why healthy bmi is a range, not an exact number.

You are a Caucasian woman of normal ' body type' ie you are not an outlier like an amputee, a person with dwarfism, etc

Your ideal weight will be somewhere within the standard bmi healthy range.