Less Alcohol - March 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4 for me. Drinking less than half of what I used to. I really feel like HELL but at least finally being real with myself. I am sleeping barely 4 hours and have a headache. Keep telling myself this is the healing process and it will pass quickly.....!

Not sure if this helps but I started Feb 1 -0 alcohol but I also started the treadmill. I had a headache for 3 weeks at bed time and in am. It's gone now but I'm still doing treadmill. It also could be the reduction in calories and/or sugar from drinks. Hang in there while your body recovers!

Thank you! I really love to run! Will drink tons of water, take vitamins and try in the morning. Just reading about Stage 2 of the Detox cycle and I have most of the symptoms including the high blood pressure and feeling really hot. Seriously hope menopause is not coming on right now since it's the last thing I need LOL!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    39flavours wrote: »
    Having such a crap day and I know that curling up with a bottle of something, anything, will make it all feel a bit better and if it wasn't for the calories I'd definitely be doing that right now.

Well I got up off the sofa and went to the gym, I found out endorphins are a good alcohol substitute!

Yeahhhh! Congrats!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Having such a crap day and I know that curling up with a bottle of something, anything, will make it all feel a bit better and if it wasn't for the calories I'd definitely be doing that right now.

Sorry to hear about your lousy day. We have all been there! Sometimes it’s even “forget the calories, where’s my drink!” So good for you not throwing it out the window. Maybe some tea with honey is a comfort substitute?

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4 for me. Drinking less than half of what I used to. I really feel like HELL but at least finally being real with myself. I am sleeping barely 4 hours and have a headache. Keep telling myself this is the healing process and it will pass quickly.....!

It will pass, fear not! That first morning you wake up well rested is just wonderful. Keep it up, it does get better!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    DH's sales rep had a beer waiting for me when I joined them after I strolled through the San Fran MOMA for 4 hours. No will power to turn it away when sitting in 3rd Street Tap Room.
    Mar 7 - 1 beer - DH & I made a pact no alcohol for the rest of Lent which will commence for us Friday!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    My goals for March will be the same as the previous months - 4 AF days per week. I have found it to be a realistic goal for me. I hit my goal in February (and surpassed it a little). Daily accountability is good. I was a daily drinker before making this resolve.
    I log the next morning usually.

March 01 - 3 drinks - yes, chose to do that because I have a free Saturday to sleep in, basically no responsibilities or commitments. I had a very busy week and it was so nice to finally kick back, have a great dinner and a few drinks.
    March 02 - AF
    March 03 - AF
    March 04 - AF
    March 05 - AF - technically my goal of 4AF for the week.
    March 06 - AF
    March 07 - 3 drinks

5 AF days out of 7 days so far
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    400 days alcohol-free today! :)

Also medication-free for a long while too.

I've learned so much since I started with you guys in February last year.

Was seeing my GP today about some severe recent stress, and it was a very insightful and beneficial 35-minute chat on many topics including 'observing thoughts and emotions and putting words to them'.

I've never aimed for anything called this, but she said I have "achieved mindfulness".

I'm rather *kitten* chuffed! :D

(I also didn't have to pay for the visit. Bonus win!)
    What a wonderful accomplishment!! Congratulations!!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Friday night is upon us and I am actually looking forward to an AF evening. I have planned a mini spa evening, some chocolate and crisps (naughty, but I shared most of them yesterday so I don't have too much 😉) planning to look through family holiday pics, my brother wants some for some picture frames. So I will be shortlisting a few for him.

Cuddle with my cats and watch a film I think. So good going to bed knowing that when you awake, you will feel funky fresh !

🤗🙌👌

Sounds WONDERFUL!!
    Enjoy!!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    Both kids have the day off of school today. Usually that means I'll have several beers on Thursday night because I don't have to get up so early Friday morning, but I didn't drink last night and didn't even think about it. I was bummed that I was out of kombucha more than anything!

My sister wants to see some band at a bar tonight and I really don't feel like doing that. I already have enough beer in the fridge to drink tonight. I don't want to sit in some dirty crowded bar, watching a band I don't know and having to pay for drinks. I think if she and her husband decides to go, I'll just go home.

Sounds like your making good healthy changes/choices. That's not easy. Good job and I hope your evening goes well.