The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Good morning singles! Weather has been very nice and snow melt plus rain earlier this week / late last week is causing flooding. My basement always gets water when this happens, but has only been a little bit so far. In other places nearby, roads are closing down and people are being told to evacuate even in some areas. :(

Maybe you should consider changing your name and location to southwesterner85?? But hey glass half full scenario is the Browns got OBJ and might make the playoffs this year so there’s that? Sorry to hear of your string luck - springs is coming and so is the new season of GOT amirite?

I don't follow sports and have no idea who OBJ is. The Browns must be baseball, right? I do know that the next season coming up is baseball at least.

And I don't know about GOT either. Sorry, I guess I am boring.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Good morning singles! Weather has been very nice and snow melt plus rain earlier this week / late last week is causing flooding. My basement always gets water when this happens, but has only been a little bit so far. In other places nearby, roads are closing down and people are being told to evacuate even in some areas. :(

Maybe you should consider changing your name and location to southwesterner85?? But hey glass half full scenario is the Browns got OBJ and might make the playoffs this year so there’s that? Sorry to hear of your string luck - springs is coming and so is the new season of GOT amirite?

I don't follow sports and have no idea who OBJ is. The Browns must be baseball, right? I do know that the next season coming up is baseball at least.

Not boring at all - I just couldn’t think of anything carnivore related that I could tie to the Midwest lol - Browns are Cleveland’s football team lol not sure if I’m Ohio or not - I say all that to say spring is near and hope things turn around for you soon lol
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Anyone w/ plans for Pi day (3.14)? I'd like a pizza pi(e)

i might stop for pie, but no pizza today
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

Not boring at all - I just couldn’t think of anything carnivore related that I could tie to the Midwest lol - Browns are Cleveland’s football team lol not sure if I’m Ohio or not - I say all that to say spring is near and hope things turn around for you soon lol

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. The Browns are still going to be terrible. They had a decent run last season, but they seem to be cursed. Okay by me because I don't like any teams from that state.
    Spring should be coming, but watching the news this morning made me feel a bit discouraged. Half of the country looks screwed
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. The Browns are still going to be terrible. They had a decent run last season, but they seem to be cursed. Okay by me because I don't like any teams from that state.
    Spring should be coming, but watching the news this morning made me feel a bit discouraged. Half of the country looks screwed

Every time I think we are done with snow, we get hit with a snowstorm.... So at this point, I don't expect an end to snow till June. lol Last year we had like 2 weeks of spring and then summer hit. Winter just wouldn't end!
    I remember because I got rid of my coat in April (it was 2 sizes too big and had a hole in it) because I assumed it was the end of winter. Nope. Shortly after, we had a snowstorm. And I had a jacket. :s That was cold.
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

Every time I think we are done with snow, we get hit with a snowstorm.... So at this point, I don't expect an end to snow till June. lol Last year we had like 2 weeks of spring and then summer hit. Winter just wouldn't end!
    I remember because I got rid of my coat in April (it was 2 sizes too big and had a hole in it) because I assumed it was the end of winter. Nope. Shortly after, we had a snowstorm. And I had a jacket. :s That was cold.

I feel you. I can't believe all of the ups and downs this winter and everyone is sick because of it. The cold/flu season seems to be dragging on and no one is getting any better. Weeks of misery and bipolar weather on top of it. I would like to say I should move south, but I even have friends in AZ with the flu. What the heck?!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

We may have corn and beans, but we also have plenty of cows and hogs here in the midwest.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

umm cows?

I feel you. I can't believe all of the ups and downs this winter and everyone is sick because of it. The cold/flu season seems to be dragging on and no one is getting any better. Weeks of misery and bipolar weather on top of it. I would like to say I should move south, but I even have friends in AZ with the flu. What the heck?!

pretty sure i just came down with a cold. i've had 1 all season (right at the beginning). now i'm hot and achy and sore throat
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Going to have to save this post for when my Browns make the playoffs this coming season :smiley:
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

Going to have to save this post for when my Browns make the playoffs this coming season :smiley:

Finally someone excited about the OBJ - Mayfield and Juice lol
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

umm cows?

pretty sure i just came down with a cold. i've had 1 all season (right at the beginning). now i'm hot and achy and sore throat

Feel better soon!!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options

umm cows?

We had cows loose in the neighbourhood early Monday morning, courtesy of the new Mormons in the neighboring ranch.. .I'd forgotten how some breeds get. And the poop. Here's a shot from one of the homes. The community staff were busy waterblasting our streets.

rfojggcemju6.png

Wtf they’re not fenced in? I love animals but the poop....wonder if they’re eating lawns too
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

umm cows?

We had cows loose in the neighbourhood early Monday morning, courtesy of the new Mormons in the neighboring ranch.. .I'd forgotten how some breeds get. And the poop. Here's a shot from one of the homes. The community staff were busy waterblasting our streets.

rfojggcemju6.png

Wtf they’re not fenced in? I love animals but the poop....wonder if they’re eating lawns too

Landscapers had a lot of work this week. The sheriff had to be called to locate the herds owner. Most of us guessed - new neighbours.

We live in a zone where lighting is controlled by the US military - something about messing with their flight path, if we're too lit up ... We're high up and they fly parallel to us sometimes ... So, they were a huge surprise for runners and drivers heading to work .
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

Here are some deals for Pi day...

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/pi-day-2019-deals-food-cheap-pizza

Talked about this very briefly after our AM workout, only unfortunately I'm not "feeling" the need for pies (savoury or dessert), having had apple a la mode this last weekend.

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    k8eekins wrote: »
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

Here are some deals for Pi day...

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/pi-day-2019-deals-food-cheap-pizza

Talked about this very briefly after our AM workout, only unfortunately I'm not "feeling" the need for pies (savoury or dessert), having had apple a la mode this last weekend.

No π for me today ... Smh
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

umm cows?

We had cows loose in the neighbourhood early Monday morning, courtesy of the new Mormons in the neighboring ranch... They'd decided to create road blocks, just seated in the middle of roads. Likely for warmth. I'd forgotten how big some breeds get. And the poop. Here's a shot from one of the homes. The community staff were busy waterblasting our streets.

rfojggcemju6.png

That’s sucks but it’s a funny - “that time a cow was in the front yard”
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    tired and crashing, goodnight
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    tired and crashing, goodnight

Night :*