The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    PWHF wrote: »
    I'd come and mingle here but I'm not single...

Hello, we have the occasional non single drop in and say hi.
    How has your day been?

Oh good!
    It's been OK so far thanks, bit quiet at work. Train strike this morning which meant I had to improvise my way in - which was exciting and irritating at the same time. How about you?

My day has pretty much ended, it's 9.25pm.
    I've been down with flu so I've had better days but I am feeling better than I was.
    So if you couldn't catch the train how did you get to work?

I get a bus to a different train station and got on a different train. It was wildy exciting...

Woahh.. you wild devil you, living on the edge.. adrenalin junkie 😁

With the disruption to my usual routine, the need to suddenly improvise and annoyance that the train people were on strike it was cumulatively mildly exciting. They're striking again on Monday but this time I'll know it's coming so the surprise element (excitement) won't be there and it'll just be plain annoying.

Aww😔 maybe you could just have the day off and save yourself the aggravation?
    If you're lucky maybe there will be a sudden strike a little later on in the week just to add that bit of excitement to your week. 😁

I might WFH but there is a limited demand of people needing sunscreen applied. A sudden strike would be good - I'll take all the excitement I can get!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    good morning

Morning Cee :)

good morning
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited August 2019

How has your day been?

Oh good!
    It's been OK so far thanks, bit quiet at work. Train strike this morning which meant I had to improvise my way in - which was exciting and irritating at the same time. How about you?

I've been down with flu so I've had better days but I am feeling better than I was.

I get a bus to a different train station and got on a different train. It was wildy exciting...

With the disruption to my usual routine, the need to suddenly improvise and annoyance that the train people were on strike it was cumulatively mildly exciting. They're striking again on Monday but this time I'll know it's coming so the surprise element (excitement) won't be there and it'll just be plain annoying.

If you're lucky maybe there will be a sudden strike a little later on in the week just to add that bit of excitement to your week. 😁

I might WFH but there is a limited demand of people needing sunscreen applied. A sudden strike would be good - I'll take all the excitement I can get!

I know about the limited demand, isn't that why you took that second job as pastie applicator for show girls? I'll see if I can arrange a strike for you ok. My sister's boyfriend's nephews son's babysitters mother's dog walker is a train driver, leave it with me and I'll see what I can do. ;)
  • PWHF

How has your day been?

Oh good!

I know about the limited demand, isn't that why you took that second job as pastie applicator for show girls? I'll see if I can arrange a strike for you ok. My sister's boyfriend's nephews son's babysitters mother's dog walker is a train driver, leave it with me and I'll see what I can do. ;)

Cool - it shouldn't take much. Just start a rumor that they're going to replace some of their jobs with robots/AI. I just hope that never happens to the sunscreen/pastie application industry - where would be the fun in that?
  • slimgirljo15

How has your day been?

Oh good!

Cool - it shouldn't take much. Just start a rumor that they're going to replace some of their jobs with robots/AI. I just hope that never happens to the sunscreen/pastie application industry - where would be the fun in that?

*rumour started* now we sit and wait.

I think your job is safe, you are the only sunscreen/ pastie applicator I know. It requires expert manual dexterity that few have.
  • PWHF

How has your day been?

Oh good!

I think your job is safe, you are the only sunscreen/ pastie applicator I know. It requires expert manual dexterity that few have.

Yes it's a skilled craft for sure. one of the few that is still handed down the generations and not taught in the mainstream
  • slimgirljo15

How has your day been?

Oh good!

Yes it's a skilled craft for sure. one of the few that is still handed down the generations and not taught in the mainstream

Yes, a long and illustrious family tradition, you do your country a great service. Never will there be a pastie malfunction or sunburn on your watch.
  • PWHF

How has your day been?

Oh good!

Yes, a long and illustrious family tradition, you do your country a great service. Never will there be a pastie malfunction or sunburn on your watch.

Except when I go on holiday..... which has to be somewhere cold and rainy for obvious reasons.
  • slimgirljo15

How has your day been?

Oh good!

Except when I go on holiday..... which has to be somewhere cold and rainy for obvious reasons.

Well yeah, of course.. that goes without saying, those poor hands need a rest occasionally.

It's time for this girl to head to bed, I'll say goodnight, don't any of you have fun till I get back ok?
    I hope you all have a great day 🙂
  • PWHF

How has your day been?

Oh good!

Well yeah, of course.. that goes without saying, those poor hands need a rest occasionally.

It's time for this girl to head to bed, I'll say goodnight, don't any of you have fun till I get back ok?
    I hope you all have a great day 🙂

Good night!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Good night all!

I hope Saturday treats you all well
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Hello fellow single folks. Anyone have anything interesting planned for their holiday weekend?
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    I took my self on a vacation. And so far, I'm very pleased with it. Lol
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,838 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    k8eekins wrote: »

Good morning everyone. Contented now with how much I could catch up on the Main Board, time-permitting.

@PaperDoll_ and @slimgirljo15 and @Cutemesoon ... ROFL ... You girls best be behavin'

Good crazy you have going for you there @Sentinel_UK

I always behave 😇

Nobody believes you 🤣

🤫 I might’ve fooled someone
  • PaperDoll_
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Hello fellow single folks. Anyone have anything interesting planned for their holiday weekend?

I’m going to be getting really wild this weekend. To start, I’m not even going to set an alarm. I’m going to be a rebel and sleep in until at least 6 am. I also have a fun trip planned to the grocery store and then the gas station. 😀
  • mmultanen
    @PaperDoll_ just make sure you don't do all the fun things on the first day. Spread it out a bit. Don't wanna overwhelm yourself with the fun!
  • PaperDoll_
    mmultanen wrote: »
    @PaperDoll_ just make sure you don't do all the fun things on the first day. Spread it out a bit. Don't wanna overwhelm yourself with the fun!

🤔 Good point. I’m sure glad it’s a three day weekend. I hadn’t even mentioned the excitement of laundry, cleaning, etc.
  • mmultanen

🤔 Good point. I’m sure glad it’s a three day weekend. I hadn’t even mentioned the excitement of laundry, cleaning, etc.

*Whispers* I love laundry. Makes me feel so productive.
  • PaperDoll_

*Whispers* I love laundry. Makes me feel so productive.

Wanna come visit me? Perhaps tomorrow? I’ll even let you do the folding! 🙃
  • mmultanen
    I mean, I don't wanna horn in on your vacation plans and all but HELL YEAH.