What kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Two German Shepherds and a Labrador retriever.

The oldest GSD came with my husband. He sort of ended up with him. The second we didn't "choose", he is a working dog. My Lab i picked because my ex didn't want a GSD, but I am very happy with him. I mostly wanted a running partner.

d1d1ffd1-168a-40ac-933e-4af5742cd7b9_zps51beade3.jpg
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I have a Chihuahua and an Italian Greyhound now, but the one I miss every single day is the beautiful Isabella, a Sloughi:

Isabellasmall_zps872364ba.jpg

Here's a pic of her when she didn't want me to trim her nails, lol. So bratty:

noClipping.jpg
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Might as well post some pics!

Untitled-5.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    We have an Party Color American Cocker Spaniel and a toy Yorkie who thinks shes a Rotti!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    2698_1127600543704_3594022_n.jpg

Whoa!! That thing is super cool looking! Never seen one before.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    We have a Chihuahua mix named Mochi. His ears are fully up now and not floppy like they were below. Totally miss the floppiness! He (along with his siblings) were the accident/product of a puppy mill over in MO. I used to dislike small dogs and discounted them as not being 'real dogs' because they weren't 50 lbs + but I've grown to love them all! Like a big dog, Mochi loves to fetch (and will actually bring the ball back every single time), does dock diving and swimming, and is involved with flyball. He's ridiculously intelligent and is the reason why I started to exercise more! And go out in general haha.

beccamochi6.jpg

He looks sweet like mochi!!! Kawwwaaaiiiiii!!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    we rescued a dog named Penny. She's a shepherd/lab cross and about 2 years old. She is my fur baby for sure. I didn't choose her though, my fiance saw a poster up "free dog" and texted me to ask if I wanted her. Of course I wanted her. Best decision ever, minus the fact that she runs away when the gate is open (not for very long), she is very well behaved and beautiful.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    2698_1127600543704_3594022_n.jpg

Whoa!! That thing is super cool looking! Never seen one before.
    It's a Western Hognose, much prettier than the Eastern Hognose which are a dark blackish-brown color. I bought him at a reptile show when he was a baby. He was about 6 inches long and about as big around as a pencil. I have had him close to 10 years and he's a little over 12 inches now and about as big around as a sharpie. He's a cool little guy.
  • sahados_shadow
    Options
    Dakota and Nikita are German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mixes.

533735_605377716450_2050922970_n.jpg
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Her name is Penny, and she's a shepherd/lab cross. I didn't choose her, my fiance saw a "giving away for free" poster and he asked if I wanted her. I immediately said yes and she has become my fur baby.
    IMG-20130113-WA0000.jpg

well dang I tried to fix for ya......:huh:
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Chihuahua-X

Not sure what the "X" is... some sort of terrier, pomeranian maybe?

I never thought I'd ever get a chihuahua, I thought they were terrible animals! But after my last dog died, I volunteered to foster dogs. I was brought two little chi mixes. They had obedience training, they were so sweet, I fell in love and adopted them myself! One passed away a few months ago (RIP Brahma, the black one) but the other one is still healthy and strong (Darshan, the orange one).

43167710151078312737616.jpg
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    We have a Chihuahua mix named Mochi. His ears are fully up now and not floppy like they were below. Totally miss the floppiness! He (along with his siblings) were the accident/product of a puppy mill over in MO. I used to dislike small dogs and discounted them as not being 'real dogs' because they weren't 50 lbs + but I've grown to love them all! Like a big dog, Mochi loves to fetch (and will actually bring the ball back every single time), does dock diving and swimming, and is involved with flyball. He's ridiculously intelligent and is the reason why I started to exercise more! And go out in general haha.

beccamochi6.jpg

Thanks! He's a super high energy dog. I'm not sure if Chihuahuas can normally run as much as he does, but we're thinking he's some type of terrier mix due to his extremely high prey drive and love for fetching. Our vet thinks he's an Italian Greyhound or Whippet mix due to his energy level and stomach curvature haha. I'd like to do a DNA test (I know they can be pretty whacky/inaccurate) just for the fun of it!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    My damn pictures won't post

but we rescued a dog named Penny. She's a shepherd/lab cross and about 2 years old. She is my fur baby for sure. I didn't choose her though, my fiance saw a poster up "free dog" and texted me to ask if I wanted her. Of course I wanted her. Best decision ever, minus the fact that she runs away when the gate is open (not for very long), she is very well behaved and beautiful.

You can't have spaces in the file name. So if it were (example) Penny the dog....change it to PennyTheDog
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    407370563.jpg If this works, you'll be pugged :)
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Chihuahua-X

Not sure what the "X" is... some sort of terrier, pomeranian maybe?

I never thought I'd ever get a chihuahua, I thought they were terrible animals! But after my last dog died, I volunteered to foster dogs. I was brought two little chi mixes. They had obedience training, they were so sweet, I fell in love and adopted them myself! One passed away a few months ago (RIP Brahma, the black one) but the other one is still healthy and strong (Darshan, the orange one).

43167710151078312737616.jpg

Adorable! Great photo, too! They look very photogenic and polite haha! I'm sorry to hear about Brahma but it looks like you gave him/her a great life!
  • PikaKnight
    Options

beccamochi6.jpg

Thanks! He's a super high energy dog. I'm not sure if Chihuahuas can normally run as much as he does, but we're thinking he's some type of terrier mix due to his extremely high prey drive and love for fetching. Our vet thinks he's an Italian Greyhound or Whippet mix due to his energy level and stomach curvature haha. I'd like to do a DNA test (I know they can be pretty whacky/inaccurate) just for the fun of it!

Kuma's the complete opposite...lol. She's 2-3 years old and the most low energy dog I've ever come across. she likes to play now and again, but prefers just laying about..hahaha. I never thought I'd have or know a dog that I'm more active than..hahaha
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    We have a Boxer who will be 1 in 2 weeks.she is as ADHD as I've ever seen a dog!! Got her at 7 months, her owner wanted her for a guard dog and left her crated 99% of the time. Luckily he got some sense and gave her away. Wealways wanted a Boxer but had a hard time finding pure bred. She is pictured to the left. Her name is Charlie

Also have a merliquin Great Dane named Echo, he just turned 3 last week. He believes he is human and is very spoiled. Currently weighs in at 140 lbs ???? we had another Dane We had to put down due to hip issues so we got him! He is pictured in my profile.

11rrlmf.jpg
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have the cutest Basenji, named Chloe.

Found her at the Humane Society 4 years ago--she turns 5 in October:

1005315_574374133236_1761122056_n.jpg
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    407370562.jpg
    It doesn't get any better than this. :) We also have a black lab.