What kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• 2pupsmama
    Options
    I have 2 pitties. They are my profile pic. Both of them are huuuge attention *kitten*. (can you say that on MFP). They are best buds and totally inseparable. They are only dangerous if you don't want your face licked. They think it is their duty in life to make sure everyone's face has had a thorough tongue bath.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    A mutt!!
    Sheltie/Corgi/Chow (???)

bbbb9599-15d5-4f58-9e23-06afc58aaf3d_zpsba9196c7.jpg
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    He doesn't look like it, but my dog is a German Shepherd mix. His adoption papers say German Shepherd/Border Collie mix, but I think Blue Heeler instead of Collie because of his mannerisms and spots.

In the end, I don't really care. He is my buddy, no matter what kind of dog he is! :heart:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I have two fur babies.

This is Bruce, my boxer/pit mix. He was a rescue. One day I was throwing out my garbage in a dumpster and heard what sounded like a puppy crying. Sure enough it was him, barely a few weeks old and tied up in a black garbage bag left to die. At first I wasn't gonna keep him because I knew he'd get big and I didn't have the space, but the vet told us the shelter would most likely just euthanize him because of his breed. So I kept him, bottled fed him and now he's my spoiled baby. He does have health issues and needs to be fed a special diet and is deaf in one ear but that just makes him even more special to me. We just celebrated his 3rd birthday.

ww0x0x.jpg

And this is Lucky, my 10 year old cranky old man. He's an American cockerspaniel and belonged to my late grandmother whom I adored. He looks very solemn but is actually quite cuddly and loveable. To get my attention he crawls onto my lap and starts snoring with his eyes open.

971dah.jpg

And yep, I'm probably gonna be that bat *kitten* crazy dog instead of a cat lady in a flower moo moo eating cake frosting for dinner, with a house full of dogs. :drinker:

But doggy love is amazing and unconditional, plus most dogs are even more awesome than most people.
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My big softie black labrador passed away last year at the age of 10 from cancer...I miss him more than anything.

This is Ripley:

2djucy8.jpg

At the beginning of September, I am picking up this little guy! :) A chocolate labrador. Still don't have a name for him yet! So excited! Can't wait to have a walking buddy!

tz7zc.jpg

I think I will always be a labrador girl. The breed is so calm and gentle, and not to mention adorable!! Then again, most dog breeds are! :D
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options

And yep, I'm probably gonna be that bat *kitten* crazy dog instead of a cat lady in a flower moo moo eating cake frosting for dinner, with a house full of dogs. :drinker:

But doggy love is amazing and unconditional, plus most dogs are even more awesome than most people.

:heart:
  • Lauren344
    Lauren344 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Staffie named Harry he's lovely always wanting cuddles and soft has a brush
  • futurestarz
    Options
    English Bulldog....cutest creature I have ever seen. hands down. See my pics if you don't believe me.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    We have 6 cats. We want a dog, but can't really have one where we live. I love big dogs. Hubby and I both want a Husky, but I also want a Great Dane and I want to rescue a Pit Bull. When the time comes, whatever kind of pup we get will come from a shelter.
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love all the pictures of your dogs. Thanks a lot of sharing them great stories to
  • mellawella77
    mellawella77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Shi Tzu- His name is Peanut. He thinks he's human, lol.
  • NyxNine
    NyxNine Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    41jVN.jpg
    Some sort of border collie thing. She's from a shelter, 6 or 7 now.. Likes to watch tv, pretend to sleep and refuse to get up.
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    German Shepherd
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Pekingness - I love her because she's craaaaaaaazy :D
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    We have two dogs.

Thor a bloodhound/Great Dane/Redbone mix. He weighed about 91lbs up until a few months ago. Now that's he's older and ill he weighs in at about 81 lbs. He is the sweetest thing and spends most of his time stretched out on the floor near his boys.

Loki is a Rat Terrier. He's my obdience/agility dog. He's never very far away from where I am. In fact he chewed through his safety harness in the back seat of a mini van just so he could come running up to the passenger seat to ride next to me as I drove. It took him aprox. 20 minutes. Now he always rides up front.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I grew up with a Shih Tzu. Got him when we were both 5, he died when we turned 16(I'm 20 now).

Currently, it would irresponsible of me to own a real dog, I leave home a lot and am often in and out of the hospital. So I have a virtual dog, the 3ds game Nintendogs+cats. I have a dog, and I treat him as I would a 'real' dog. And in turn, he brings me a similar joy my old real dog did.

As for the need to pet and cuddle, I have a taxidermy coyote for that(Not her only purpose, but she fills that void when I need her.)
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This is Zooey (as in Zooey Deschanel) she is a Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie mix) I found her on Kijiji her owners just bought her and could not look after her so she stole my heart and I bought her and now she's mine forever and I love her more than life itself. She's my world. And yes, I do treat her like she's my child. DONT JUDGE ME.

photo.php?fbid=405742497361&l=ade0263d3e

photo.php?fbid=405739847361&l=0d96707697

photo.php?fbid=405739852361&l=f09fa61c98

i dont why these arent working!!! So I put her as my profile picture
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    We adopted our girls from the Humane Society last year. They're 2 year old Shepherd/Husky mixes and are sisters. They had already been returned to the HS twice and were a package deal.

2hhj78h.jpg
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    wow its so nice that their are people like you in the world to resuce a dog
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Golden retriever