Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

High protein snacks .

nikki2k18nikki2k18 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
in Recipes
Anyone have any high protein low cal snacks ideas for work ? I’m a hair stylist and don’t always get a lunch . Thanks in advance.

Replies

• estherdragonbatestherdragonbat Posts: 4,855Member Member Posts: 4,855Member Member
    I like Yves veggie dogs. 45 calories each and 8 grams of protein. String cheese is 80 calories and the same amount of protein.
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 3,284Member Member Posts: 3,284Member Member
  • meganreid163meganreid163 Posts: 61Member Member Posts: 61Member Member
    String cheese, turkey pepperoni, sliced deli meat.
  • Greeneyes484Greeneyes484 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    chicken salad isa great quick meal
  • missysippy930missysippy930 Posts: 872Member Member Posts: 872Member Member
    Turkey jerky
    Single serving tuna packs
    Cottage cheese
  • funjen1972funjen1972 Posts: 940Member Member Posts: 940Member Member
    Greek yogurt! (I use fat free, but use whatever fits your calorie allotment)
  • sweetfeetsgirlsweetfeetsgirl Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    I love to snack. Please help. I don't know how many more boiled eggs or how much more cheese I can eat.
  • Crookey21Crookey21 Posts: 310Member Member Posts: 310Member Member
    i came across these "egg muffins"

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. ...
    Crack the eggs into a large bowl. ...
    Add the spinach, bacon and cheese to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
    Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
    Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set.
    Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
  • kierstenstjohnkierstenstjohn Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
  • LadySatonLadySaton Posts: 453Member Member Posts: 453Member Member
    Almonds!

Unfortunately they actually don’t have a lot of protein for the amount of calories. 163 calories of almonds will only give you 6g of protein. They do have a lot of healthy fats though if you need more of those in your diet.
  • Mcroce1980Mcroce1980 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I drink premier protein shakes. They’ve delicious and inexpensive. They come in many flavors too. The caramel is my favorite.
  • Mcroce1980Mcroce1980 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Also, they have 30 grams of protein, 160 calories, and I think 1 net carb.
  • neszkali854neszkali854 Posts: 7Member, Premium Member Posts: 7Member, Premium Member
    Shredded Parmesan pinch a spoonful and flatten in circular shapes . Sprinkle turmeric or dried basil
    Bake till brown

Yummy
  • dsbooheaddsboohead Posts: 1,894Member Member Posts: 1,894Member Member
    Starkist tuna paks with a multitude of flavors are sooooo good! Sweet and spicy as well as thai chili and lemon dill are my faves! They run 70 to 110 cal. Per packet!
  • dsbooheaddsboohead Posts: 1,894Member Member Posts: 1,894Member Member
    $1 a pack is a bargain too!
  • jlea0612jlea0612 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    When I began my weight loss journey, I found that I was hungry all the time, like real hunger pains. I knew I needed something that was high in protein to keep me satisfied and full and I came up with this protein snack/meal that was easy to make and even easier to take with me (I also use it as a side sometimes with chicken or fish). I also knew I needed something that had flavor and felt like a hearty meal/snack.

I call them Mediterranean Protein Cups
    • 1 can of Light Red Kidney Beans (drained & rinsed)
    • 1 can of Black Eyed Peas (drained & rinsed)
    • 1 can of Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
    • 1 container (4 ounces or more), Crumbled Feta Cheese (you can use regular or light or even fat free)
    • 1/2 medium Red Sweet Bell Pepper - diced
    • 1/2 medium Orange Bell Pepper - diced
    • 2 Tablespoons (16g), Sliced Ripe Olives
    • 1/4 to 1/3 of a bottle of Fat Free Mediterranean or Italian Dressing (you can add more once you have your items all mixed and you think you need more)
    • 1 can of Sweet Corn
    • 1/2 cup of cooked couscous (any flavor, I use garlic or parmesan flavored)

mix all the ingredients together and then add the Italian dressing gradually, stirring in between until you have the consistency you like. Add in some dried basil, sprinkle of salt/seasoning salt, pepper, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder - whatever you like to make this the taste you want, just go easy on the salting.

I would refrigerate the mixture overnight (it is best to do this to soften up the beans a bit) and then put them in individual containers. I would grab 1 for work every day, this recipe really saved me on those hungry days! Depending on the ingredients you choose (this one was with fat free Italian dressing & regular feta cheese), different brands, adding or omitting certain ingredients for preference and the amount of servings, (you can do 8 or 16 servings) the nutrition is approximately:
    8 servings: 87 cals/ 2 grams of fat/ 5.5 grams of fiber/ 6 grams of protein
    16 servings: 174 cals/ 4 grams of fat/ 11 grams of fiber/ 12 grams of protein

I eat this cold, but if you want to heat it up, I am sure it is just as good!