Keto

Options
SerwaC
SerwaC Posts: 1 Member
Hello everyone! I have been on Keto (somewhat modified) for a month now. I have already lost 10lbs, but I was expecting more! I would greatly appreciate any input, recipes and motivation from you all! God bless you all on your fitness journey! ❤️

Replies

• Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    10lbs in 4 weeks is a very high rate of loss, what were you expecting? What are your current stats (weight, height)?

.5lb-2lbs is a healthy rate of loss for most people, losing weight too rapidly can cause all sorts of health issues down the road.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    SerwaC wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I have been on Keto (somewhat modified) for a month now. I have already lost 10lbs, but I was expecting more! I would greatly appreciate any input, recipes and motivation from you all! God bless you all on your fitness journey! ❤️

Did you gain 10 pounds or more in a month? I guess it might be possible for one month - but long term? 120 pounds weight gain in a year? Generally humans lose weight as quickly as they gained originally - to start with a pound or a bit more per week, depending how high the starting weight was. Over time the weight loss slows down a bit. Time has little to do with weight loss, but persistence, motivation and single - mindedness certainly does.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Why were you expecting to lose more than 10 pounds in a month? That’s more than the top safely, recommended loss of 2 pounds per week.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    If most of that 10 pounds was in the first week, it was probably water weight, and you can discount it in calculating your weekly rate of loss.

How much weight do you have to lose?

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The groups linked above are probably the best spots to go for recipes and support

Congrats on your success so far!