Do you drink diet soda?

Options

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I generally only drink diet pop since my mother and my fiance are both diabetics, so I've just gotten used to it. My fiance and I live together and decided to stop buying pop in January. We no longer drink pop at home, but we will drink it if we're at a restaurant or a friend's house. Therefore, I usually have 3 or 4 servings of diet pop a week.

We mainly stopped buying pop because its expensive. I have noticed that I have less of an appetite when I drink less pop as well, so I suppose that's an unexpected plus.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of Diet Coke. For a time I was off of it I lost about 10 pounds of bloat. I’m going to try to go off of it again, and substitute with Diet Crapple iced tea. I was slimmer when I did that and I had the same caffeine kick but none of the carbonation. The downside is that Diet Crapple is dearer and usually more unwieldy to carry home. However, I think I’ll stock up.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Occasionally. Because I like it.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I drink a LOT of diet cola and an equal amount of water. Over a gallon per day combined. It is my only indulgence. Most of it is room temperature. It doesn't make me drunk but highly stimulated and full. There's a local store brand (HEB) I prefer over coca cola zero that is under 20 cent per can. It is a fairly harmless outlet for my addictive tendencies.
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't usually drink sodas but will have a Coke zero every so often or if that's not available a Sprite. An alternative I've found is flavored sparkling water (like bubly). Bai also makes a super tasty low calorie drink. :9
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yes, once or twice a week. When I want soda, I have diet. And every night at dinner I use one of those zero calorie flavored drink mixes. I don't need to waste my calories guzzling liquid sugar. I prefer to save my calories for eating food. I've been on maintenance at my goal weight for over 8 years. Drinking diet soda (or other diet drinks) hasn't had any negative impacts on me that I can tell.
  • dmz1983
    dmz1983 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Diet Coke. Takes the edge off my hunger. I just try to make sure I’m drinking plenty of water too. I also like Sprite Zero when I don’t want the caffeine. 1-2 cans per day
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Darrelkun wrote: »
    You shouldn't because of the phosphoric acid in it. But admittedly I do let myself drink one from time to time (I prefer diet Dr. Pepper). Water is so crucial to our health and body's regulation processes that I try my best to fill my cell's needs as often as possible.

... Though the day I look up Crystal Light and its ingredients (and other water flavoring powders) will probably be the day I die. I need some flavor to get my water down hahahaha.

you realize diet coke is like 98% water right?

Sure. It is the 2% rust/dead skin remover dumped into the gut that raises a question for some of us.

ospho.com/

Better steer clear of burgers, cream, and round eggs then, since they all contain much more phosphorus than soda

Effin' lemon juice is way more acidic than phosphorus what
  • jtaylor122888
    jtaylor122888 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No. I drink water about 95% of the time. The other 5% of time I may have a regular soda, lemonade or some other type of juice.
  • Rockin_reese
    Rockin_reese Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When I do it's diet. Thing is I shouldn't have any.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    When I do it's diet. Thing is I shouldn't have any.

why would that be?
  • Rockin_reese
    Rockin_reese Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I go to Rutters every week so I can wait for the library to open, and I usually get all kinds of junk. This week I'm going to get coffee or Newtons or something. I need to get it together, that's all.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Currently lying in the dark in bed having myself a cold one of these as my reward for getting up early to go grocery shopping for Easter food.

69qn5vo4duhc.jpg

You are my favorite person today (even though I don't like the diet version, it's still Dr. Pepper!)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Currently lying in the dark in bed having myself a cold one of these as my reward for getting up early to go grocery shopping for Easter food.

69qn5vo4duhc.jpg

You are my favorite person today (even though I don't like the diet version, it's still Dr. Pepper!)

You know, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever had the non-diet version of Dr. Pepper, lol. I didn't start drinking it until I started being more mindful about my grocery shopping, and it was a convenient checkout lane reward that wasn't candy.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to my ice, cold, Diet Pepsi this afternoon! It’s supposed to get up to 74 today. The warmest day of the year, so far, and sunny. Gonna put up the hammock and enjoy. Bonus, pop was on sale this week 4 12 packs for $10.00. I stocked up.