Do you drink diet soda?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Darrelkun wrote: »
    You shouldn't because of the phosphoric acid in it. But admittedly I do let myself drink one from time to time (I prefer diet Dr. Pepper). Water is so crucial to our health and body's regulation processes that I try my best to fill my cell's needs as often as possible.

... Though the day I look up Crystal Light and its ingredients (and other water flavoring powders) will probably be the day I die. I need some flavor to get my water down hahahaha.

you realize diet coke is like 98% water right?

Sure. It is the 2% rust/dead skin remover dumped into the gut that raises a question for some of us.

ospho.com/

Better steer clear of burgers, cream, and round eggs then, since they all contain much more phosphorus than soda

Are you stating that phosphoric acid like in some diet and non diet drinks and phosphorus are chemically the same inside of the body?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me want to buy some diet coke.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Almost daily. I prefer fountain drinks to cans...just something about the taste, plus the ice etc.
    I rarely have more than one a day however, I do drink a lot of water and coffee as well.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I try to treat diet soda as a treat since it is indeed a soda contains heaps of sugar etc. Thst being said I will take a diet soda any day over a 500 calorie bomb regular soda

Umm...diet soda doesn't contain any sugar at all. Not any of the major brands, anyway.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Decided to get diet ginger ale instead. For those keeping track! ;-)
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot pole.
  • avlucia
    avlucia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do and I have a personal pet peeve when people tell me it taste bad. No, it taste different, it literally has different ingredients then the non diet version, of course it taste different.

For people who would like to switch, I suggest picking a different type then the regular version you favor. By that I mean if you drink regular Coke, don't pick diet Coke, instead try diet mountain dew, diet root beer, or pretty much anything you're not familiar with the regular taste of.

I've done my research on the supposed threats of diet, aka aspartame, and it's always correlation without causation. I'm not convinced needless to say.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I bought a case of tiny cans of Coke Zero Sugar today. They're adorable and ALL MINE because nobody else in house likes it.
  • Rinchen108
    Rinchen108 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I drink Zevia soda with stevia every evening for a treat. I gave up diet sodas 11 years and still crave them. I was soooo addicted. I’m not sure if this doing me any favors. I wonder if the stevia spikes my insulin. Not sure. It is a treat though. I don’t eat sugar or fake sugar at all (other than this).
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Rinchen108 wrote: »
    I drink Zevia soda with stevia every evening for a treat. I gave up diet sodas 11 years and still crave them. I was soooo addicted. I’m not sure if this doing me any favors. I wonder if the stevia spikes my insulin. Not sure. It is a treat though. I don’t eat sugar or fake sugar at all (other than this).

I would consider Zevia sodas a form of diet soda.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    What the heck is "other"? :lol:

Edited to say: never mind, I didn't realize how far back in the thread I was, and others had made the same response I made.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

I am sooooo jealous. We don't have diet ginger ale around these parts.

I miss ginger ale. :disappointed: