Do you drink diet soda?

Options

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    No. It's poison in a can and you have the pleasure to pay a corporation to slowly kill yourself! It's like smoking in that regard. Weird chemicals, etc. This goes for all soda - diet or regular.

Could you post some science to back up that claim please? What is in "all soda" that is slowly killing us and makes it like smoking? Thanks!

OK, you wanted it. There is countless scientific data to back things up that diet soda just sucks! At the end of the day there are also a countless "articles" that outline the opposite. It boils down to, do what you like! Who cares. <snip>

I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood or maybe I wasn't specific. I wasn't looking for a propaganda blog trying to sell books by fear mongering, I was asking for scientific research. Thanks though!

Really? I think your just trying to get people to argue with you. Or you always take the other side in an argument because it's fun or what you do. I also like how you actually cut off the pertinent part of what I typed earlier.

I'm not going to do the research for you. You can empower yourself by checking out what these accredited doctors/science people/etc say:

Dr. Bhavish Aubeelauck
    Dr. Carrie Hoarty
    Dr. Eric Berg
    Dr. Josh Axe
    Dr. Steven Gundry
    Dr. Mike Varshavski
    Dr. Jennifer Ashton
    Dr. Gloria Gilbere

I can furnish you with a number of other names if you want. Before you say anything to the contrary, please provide accredited people who say the opposite or if you are accredited that's even better.

Evolution is one of the most successful theories in all of science, and essentially the most in biology. Yet there is a list of numerous PhDs who disagree with evolution:
    https://www.discovery.org/m/2019/02/A-Scientific-Dissent-from-Darwinism-List-020419.pdf

I'd be more interested in their reasons against diet soda, particularly what scientific evidence they have about the matter.

That escalated quickly, lol.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Well this is awkward...I'm most of the 12th page...

:heart:

It's amazing how much you managed to say with all those cookies in your mouth! :wink:

He's got diet soda to wash them down with! :wink:

No. Only milk with cookies.
    People who willingly drink pop with cake or cookies are monsters.

Good thing I don't drink pop. Only soda.

(But you're right. Milk - and not that low fat stuff either.)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Every day I'll have at least one Diet Mountain Dew.
  • irenesalor
    irenesalor Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    However, stopping using a product on ethical grounds about the companies methods is a perfectly reasonable decision.

So if someone is against consuming products made by Coca Cola on ethical grounds, that is fair enough.

Absolutely! And with good reason. What I was trying to say is making it look like Coca-Cola's the only big, bad company following questionable business practices feels like cherry-picking. That's all.
  • talkinghead86
    talkinghead86 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    dtelsah wrote: »
    Yes. I have very few vices left and my Dr says I'm fit as a racehorse. I figure I can indulge now and then.

What's so *indulgent* about diet soda -- it's basically carbonated water, caramel coloring and artificial sweetener
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

It's amazing how much you managed to say with all those cookies in your mouth! :wink:

What about pop with ice cream, because I might have done that today...
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

What about pop with ice cream, because I might have done that today...

As long as it was dark pop with vanilla ice cream, you're ok.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    As long as the ice cream is in the pop you are good lol
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    As long as the ice cream is in the pop you are good lol

Also true