April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's 50K...

Weather started around 40F and ended around 70F. It was pretty hot towards the end compared to what I'm used to. The course had to be re-routed due to flooding, so it was 4 loops with some steep hills. Nearly 5K ft. of elevation gain according to Garmin. It was super slow, but I made it within the cut-off.

exercise.png

Well done!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow Where do you live? That's a beautiful river!

Great job @midwesterner85 . Sounds like the rerouting made it tougher that it already would have been.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow Where do you live? That's a beautiful river!

Great job @midwesterner85 . Sounds like the rerouting made it tougher that it already would have been.

@Quilteryoyo Yes, I believe the new route had more elevation gain. Nonetheless, it was a good race with a great group of trail runners in the St. Louis are.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Nice job on your 50k @midwesterner85. Impressive to finish at that distance and with that elevation change.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    jele30 wrote: »
    The camper is in a place that is surrounded by hills, so it was an eye opener as to where I stand physically. I didn’t do so great staying consistent this winter and this run showed it. Planned on three, but made it to four. It was a tough run, but so worth it. Looking forward to the weekend runs there.

@jele30 I believe there are quite a few of us on here who can relate to ^^. It's early season yet so patience and perseverance will get us back to our fall condition. I lost a lot of my conditioning in Jan/Feb as we had to many nasty days stacked one after another.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    @zeesparrow Where do you live? That's a beautiful river

That is the Spokane River in Washington. The Centennial Trail is the paved trail we're on, over 60 miles in length total between Nine Mile Falls and Coeur d'Alene Idaho. I haven't run here often in the past, but will spend more time here in the future. No traffic and great views!

@zeesparrow - the river looks so high! I don't think I have ever seen it that high but then it has always been later in the summer/fall that I have been up that way. Beautiful!

@midwesterner85 - Congrats on finishing that long, steep race! Sounds tough but you made it!

We got home today after about 6.5 hours of driving. Feeling a bit stiff but looking forward to a long run in the morning to make up for the one I missed over the weekend. Feels good to be home.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    Great job on your 50K @midwesterner85! You have had a stretch of LONG distance races in a short amount of time! That is incredible stamina. Hope you get some long needed rest!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Well done @midwesterner85!