April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    BTW, I finished 13600 out of 26632 overall.
    4594 out of 11970 Females
    488 out of 1832 F 45-49

Starting bib was 20895, which means I "passed" roughly 7300 people.

That's awesome! Congratulations again on a great race.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 thank you for giving me someone to cheer for! I was watching your splits as they came in, when I saw your pace at 35k drop to 9:30 I was “Noooooo keep it together! This is the hard part!” That must have included that bit where you walked. But you picked it back up and I notice your last mile split was your fastest mile at 8:18, you romped on in! So glad you did well, great race report!

This! So much! This! Loved following your race and your race report!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    Great race report @lporter229! I love the photos!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 congrats on a great race and thank you for the wonderful report! When I read a race recap like that it makes me want to run another marathon.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Weighing in
    Food: car mull
    Place: car mel
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 Your race report was great, I loved reading every bit of it, and many congrats on an incredible Boston marathon...you're an absolute inspiration!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Cara-mel here

Awesome race report @lporter229!

Well we just had someone come look at the house, and it all sounds very promising, but until we have an offer... At least they loved the place.

I did 6k this morning. Felt great after 2 longer runs. Going out again tomorrow, not sure yet what distance, I think I'll just see how I feel tomorrow.

I missed... did you get a job offer yet? Find a place to move to?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 congrats on a great race and for the wonderful report!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Just in case anyone needed an extra reason to plan a Trail Running Vacation up to Canada. I think these would be a good fit for @MNLittleFinn , @JessicaMcB , @7lenny7 , @ContraryMaryMary or anyone else who enjoy's trails.

Off to meet the local club members for a 15k.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    @hanlonsk Sounds like a great race. Congratulations on doing better than you expected. That's always nice.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Great job @hanlonsk! Sounds like quite a day with the race and travel. Fun that your family was there for you at the finish. I've never had that either and I bet it was a nice bonus. Nice of your bro to take on the brews for you guys :wink: