April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @scott6255 good question.
    @ContraryMaryMary I know calf raises are something all runners should do on a routine basis, but like most things runners should do, I don't do them very often. I did try a couple of them and after I felt a sharp pain, I quit. No more of that for a while.

Ouch. That's no good. Physiotherapist?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @Elise4270! Love the kick-a** pic @katharmonic!
    Thank you @Mobycarp and @shanaber for your comments and insight! I definitely am going to up my protein (and calories) a bit. That might even have me being less grumpy! Well, we'll see.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @Elise4270!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Have a wonderful birthday!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »
    Another big thing is an inability to cook from scratch anymore! Every meal has to come in a box with instructions, we are sold this concept of being "time poor" despite also "binge watching" Netflix and having a load of gadgets in the house designed to save time. Our lives are simplified so much that they are now more complicated than ever!
    Truer words have never been spoken! I find when I "have the time" to cook from scratch, I do much better. All of those gadgets just give us something else to spend our time on. No matter what we do, we will use up 24 hours a day....no more, and no less.