goal weight? 108-100?

Options
13»

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    108-100?? The last time I weighed that little, I looked anorexic and I'm only 5'0" tall. Before that, I was a teenager. Today, at 42 years old, my goal is roughly 120, depends on how I look when I get there. I may stop before, I may continue on.

120??? I'm 5'2" and the last time I weighed 120 I looked fat.

It's ok to say that in reverse right? :noway:

Sure it is!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    108-100?? The last time I weighed that little, I looked anorexic and I'm only 5'0" tall. Before that, I was a teenager. Today, at 42 years old, my goal is roughly 120, depends on how I look when I get there. I may stop before, I may continue on.

Sure it is!

Lol. Well in that case, you're forgiven for implying one would look anorexic at my weight. :wink:
  • kalyrichmond
    kalyrichmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my ultimate goal is to be back into a single digit size. I'm now back in an 8 and I'm happy with that. I would like to be more toned than I am and that includes the loss of a little more weight so that's what my ultimate goal is not an actual weight number. I have more of an athletic build, (I didn't have hips or boobs until I had kids) so at 110 I was a stick. I would say don't focus on a number for your weight, focus on what you want to look like in your clothes while staying healthy. And keep in mind your husband is great support because he loves you, and if he says you're looking too thin, you probably are. ;) Please stay healthy on your journey. ~ Riggers wife.
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My technical goal is 139, but I’m more concerned with non-scale related goals like getting off my medications, regulating my blood sugars, being more productive and capable, increasing strength, endurance, and health, etc. If I achieve all of those things before 139, I will be so happy. If I need to go below 139 to achieve those things, I'm happy to do so.

(Also, I just assumed the OP was in some sort of kinky deliberate power exchange relationship with her man. :blushing: Shows what I know.)
  • jlapey
    Options

Sure it is!

Lol. Well in that case, you're forgiven for implying one would look anorexic at my weight. :wink:

It is entirely possible that your frame is much smaller than mine. Besides, I was genetically "blessed" :huh: with an ample bottom. It looks pretty bad if I get too thin.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    lol @ my husband "allowing" me to weigh a certain amount... hes frightened enough to ask me to iron a shirt for him... lmao
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I wonder if when women tell that their husbands do not want them to do this or that, if that is a command or an expression of his feelings. Perhaps it's just the language. A womsn can say that their husband does not want her to, make it sound like a command when in actuality, it's the woman's choice to "not do it" because she wants to please her husband.

good point, most of the time when women say this they mean its their feelings that they would rather you not do something apposed to them saying you cannot, they are very different meanings.

I like this post.. In fact ONE of the many reasons I need and want to loose some weight and get healthier is because I want to be a healthy, sexually appealing, active wife for my husband.. I do not believe caring about him in this way is any way negative... He works out, he tries to keep healthy, and he also tries to be romantic... I feel that is his way of caring about me! Our relationship is good.. so caring about what your spouse thinks about your weight... to me.. this is caring about your spouse... I would want my husband to become so underactive and overweight that we could not enjoy things in life such as riding our bikes, swimming, playing backyard baseball, and participating in our kids lives and their activities.

I too struggle with my weight... and I am sensitive about it... always work out... but I fight having and keeping a good diet... I love to cook, bake and eat. But this last time I went back to school, put on tons of weight from eating out of machines and fast food lines... I have to loose some of it and part of my journey is to please my husband! I LOVE HIM\ and want him happy!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Sure it is!

It is entirely possible that your frame is much smaller than mine. Besides, I was genetically "blessed" :huh: with an ample bottom. It looks pretty bad if I get too thin.

Yes, I'm very small boned and have always been thin, at least until recently when I put on about 15-20 lbs. And, it can be perspective. Men love the booty. Wish I had a little more. :-/
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Sure it is!

lol that was funny. but i just want to point out that even at the same height you guys have different body types so look different at the same weight
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options
    My technical goal is 139, but I’m more concerned with non-scale related goals like getting off my medications, regulating my blood sugars, being more productive and capable, increasing strength, endurance, and health, etc. If I achieve all of those things before 139, I will be so happy. If I need to go below 139 to achieve those things, I'm happy to do so.

(Also, I just assumed the OP was in some sort of kinky deliberate power exchange relationship with her man. :blushing: Shows what I know.)

i think you have great goals! they are more health related, apposed to simply weight related, i like those kind of goals! Good luck on your journey!

*also i had to laugh at the last comment*
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello, OP. Firstly, congrats on your recovery! :flowerforyou:
    I'm 5'2 and started here at 120 with a goal weight of 105. I've now changed that goal to 100, as I have a tiny frame. Good luck with your goals! It seems like you're doing it wiser and healthier this time. :smile:
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options
    Hello, OP. Firstly, congrats on your recovery! :flowerforyou:
    I'm 5'2 and started here at 120 with a goal weight of 105. I've now changed that goal to 100, as I have a tiny frame. Good luck with your goals! It seems like you're doing it wiser and healthier this time. :smile:

Hello. Thank you very much :)
    Good luck. Stay positive and healthy and of course happy. :)
    Im really trying to be healthier, but old habits die hard
  • jlapey
    Options

Sure it is!

Yes, I'm very small boned and have always been thin, at least until recently when I put on about 15-20 lbs. And, it can be perspective. Men love the booty. Wish I had a little more. :-/

You can build it up doing squats, hip thrusts and lunges all with weights. I'm doing these to reshape mine.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    OP I really see no point in asking others what their goal weight is, why it would matter to you or anyone else, or why you would ask then get all bent out of shape when people comment. If you ask questions like that you should know you're going to get a wide range of answers that don't mean a thing to anyone.
  • uunearthedd
    Options
    I don't really have a goal weight really. I prefer to track my progress by measuring my waist (scales are triggering for me so I seldom use it to track my progress unless I am curious, I am recovering from an eating disorder as well).

My current is 33 inches.
    My (short term) goal is 28 inches.
    If 28 inches is still too much for me, I might lower that number.
    Or if I become happy before that, I'll probably start maintaining instead.
    I'm just not sure what a 28 inch waist looks like on my body frame. :laugh:
  • jam808
    jam808 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal is to be somewhere between 135 & 145 lbs. I have a small frame so I think that'll be okay.
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My goal is 105 at 5'2". Regarding the OP wondering if her husband would allow that weight, perhaps he is concerned that is too light? When I was 120 pounds, my boyfriend thought I was perfect and that weight loss would be ridiculous, so I can relate to that.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

ETA: I'm 5'1 and I'm more aiming for 18-20% body fat versus a scale # goal.

And is there a reason your husband is concerned about you being at or under a certain weight?

im 5'3" and YES there is a reason he is concerned about my weight, thank you for asking before judging. im recovering from years of an eating disorder, and he is worried that i may slip up if i start to become too thin. when we had met originally i was actually much heavier then my goal weight 114-115, and i was there by extremely unhealthy means, my stomach was con-caved in you could count my ribs, and my hip bones were always bruised on account of the lack of fat that covered them. THIS time im much healthier, i have clean eating habits, and a full 180 lifestyle change. im almost the same weight i was when we met but look so different you would never believe it in pictures.

You and I are in a very similar situation (well, except for the fact that I am 20 years older than you are :). When I first met my husband I wasn't long out of rehab for severe bulimia. I was very open and honest about it with him. I am a little under 5'5" and on our wedding day I was about 115. He thought I was too skinny and so did everyone else. While I wasn't bulimic I obsessively exercised all.the.time. It was ridiculous. When we wanted to try to get pregnant we couldn't because I never got my period because I was too small. I gained about five pounds and I finally got it. I ended up gaining over 75 pounds with our oldest daughter but didn't lose the weight until our youngest was about two years-old. I gained about 20 pounds back so I joined MFP. I have lost 15 of them but honestly my dh hates MFP. He wants me to be healthy but he thinks that me logging everything is insane and is a slippery slope. He really doesn't want me to lose any more weight because hI hear ya. I'd rather workout/run twice as much so I can eat :) He's worried five more pounds will lead to only five more, etc. I will be the first to admit that I might need to take at least one day off from working out but it's hard.
  • flowers8628
    Options
    wow 19 and married? and he is telling you not to go "overboard" and stay within a goal he decided? Kiss your life goodbye hunny
  • megan020103
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 30 years old. I am currently 126 lbs, but my goal is 115 lbs. In my adult life, I have been anywhere from 98lbs to 150lbs (right after babies!) I have a very small frame, but an ample butt and that is where I carry most of my weight. At 98lbs I was much too thin! Looking back at pics, I always think I looked the best at a muscular 115 - not just thin, but well defined (not bulky).

I was married at the age of 19 and we have been together 11 years and have a very strong marriage. My husband cares about me losing too much weight as he doesn't want me to lose my assets. lol