Its my mfp party and i’ll cry if i want to

Options

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    It could more easily be taken as a compliment than "you look like garbage" I think

Now my brain is running away at 100mph with all the great compliments that can be thrown around relating to garbage/trash/refuse and I want to build an entire sub-culture around it
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    I thought no one noticed that

We’re detail focused people.
    You’ve been warned.

Are you filing extensions this time of year too? 😮

No.
    For some reason there’s folks out there who think I’m an accountant. I’m not.
    But I do know the accounting world.

I only thought you were an accountant because you were MIA for a couple of days and, well, it's tax season....no other reason to not be on mfp, right, must be an accountant!

...pssst...dont be creeped out because I notice when people aren't around...I make up reasons for them.
    So and so is on vacation, so and so is dealing with their neighbour's sick dog, y'know

*edit
    Just noticed you said "folks", so my southern states guess was right!

You folks don’t say folks? I say folks and I’m more canadian than southern

Nope never
    It's a weird word to me, like I think it means "people" in general or it's referring to your parents. Not commonly used here (by people I know anyhow). I'd say "you people" or "my parents" (but I never say that because they are not a unit, lol, for me it's mom, dad or step-dad or stepmonster)

Got me curious, heard a local say "trash" the other day (referring to garbage). Thought he must be American.
    I obviously get it, what they are talking about and know Americans use the word for garbage, but got me thinking...I use it for commenting on appearance "trashy" looking or just a negative like "trash talk".

What do you say there Cakey? For some reason I think we have regional similarities.

I will say take out the trash or trash can but I didn’t grow up hearing it that way. ‘Garbage’ is just such a harsh unpleasant word rolling off the tongue 😅

Ya, but... Garbage is garbage...nothing pleasant about it.

"Trash" -
    "you look trashy" (could be a compliment?!)
    "I got trashed" (maybe had fun?!)

This is never a compliment.

well...in some scenarios i suppose, a person, like a guy for example, maybe he likes the "trashy" look a lil bit and so it *could* be a compliment im just saying who are we to judge anybody else yknow i thought this was america

Ok let me rephrase. I would never take "you look trashy" as a compliment. Because that isn't the look I go for.

BUT TO EACH THEIR OWN THOUGH, OK.

What if you were to dress up a Oscar the Grouch for Halloween and someone said you look really trashy. How about then?

Off to google trashy oscar the grouch halloween costumes
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    It could more easily be taken as a compliment than "you look like garbage" I think

Now my brain is running away at 100mph with all the great compliments that can be thrown around relating to garbage/trash/refuse and I want to build an entire sub-culture around it

And if you start throwing in ‘your mom’ then the possibilities grow exponentially!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

I only thought you were an accountant because you were MIA for a couple of days and, well, it's tax season....no other reason to not be on mfp, right, must be an accountant!

...pssst...dont be creeped out because I notice when people aren't around...I make up reasons for them.
    So and so is on vacation, so and so is dealing with their neighbour's sick dog, y'know

*edit

Nope never
    It's a weird word to me, like I think it means "people" in general or it's referring to your parents. Not commonly used here (by people I know anyhow). I'd say "you people" or "my parents" (but I never say that because they are not a unit, lol, for me it's mom, dad or step-dad or stepmonster)

Got me curious, heard a local say "trash" the other day (referring to garbage). Thought he must be American.
    I obviously get it, what they are talking about and know Americans use the word for garbage, but got me thinking...I use it for commenting on appearance "trashy" looking or just a negative like "trash talk".

What do you say there Cakey? For some reason I think we have regional similarities.

I will say take out the trash or trash can but I didn’t grow up hearing it that way. ‘Garbage’ is just such a harsh unpleasant word rolling off the tongue 😅

"Trash" -

well...in some scenarios i suppose, a person, like a guy for example, maybe he likes the "trashy" look a lil bit and so it *could* be a compliment im just saying who are we to judge anybody else yknow i thought this was america

Ok let me rephrase. I would never take "you look trashy" as a compliment. Because that isn't the look I go for.

What if you were to dress up a Oscar the Grouch for Halloween and someone said you look really trashy. How about then?

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg
  • Reckoner67
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

I'm at work or I'd google "sexy oscar the grouch" because I'm of the opinion that there's a "sexy" version of every Halloween costume out there (and all the subtle hilarity that goes along with it)
  • caco_ethes
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

That was suspiciously expedient
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    If you said I looked "trashy" I'd think it was sexy, not necessarily good (but could be) or maybe just bad.

If you said I looked like "garbage"...its all bad.
  • Reckoner67
    Options

And if you start throwing in ‘your mom’ then the possibilities grow exponentially!

A quick search of compliments yielded this list:

You're that “Nothing” when people ask me what I'm thinking about.
    You look great today.
    You're a smart cookie.
    I bet you make babies smile.
    You have impeccable manners.
    I like your style.
    You have the best laugh.
    I appreciate you.

So here we have:

"You're that "garbage" when people ask what I'm thinking about."
    "You look like your mom today. Trash."
    "You're a smart cookie that someone threw away."
    "I bet you make babies wish they were in the garbage with your mom."
    "Your manners are trash. I should know. I am polite, you piece of refuse."
    "I like your mom."
    "You have the best laugh of all the trashy garbage."
    "I appreciate your garbage."
  • Reckoner67
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

Maybe there's something wrong with me but I can't stop staring at...the hat.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

I know, right? Its the eyes.
  • iMago
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

the butt part of the costume actually has a little patch that says "i <3 trash" on it, and idk i really felt that.
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

The apple is a really nice touch. It really sells the costume. Without it, not really sure what I'm looking at here.
  • Vikka_V
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

I feel sorry for that model...her hands say "wtf"
    The wrist sweat bands and ugly leg warmers need to come off!
  • Reckoner67
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

the butt part of the costume actually has a little patch that says "i <3 trash" on it, and idk i really felt that.

I had no idea. I thought I was looking at a garbage can this whole time; I had no idea I was really looking at a message of such grace and inclusion

They should market it as "uplifting urban camouflage"
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

In the everyday day way i agree, but on some special occasions...
  • iMago
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

i think you'd prefer the Ernie costume from the same lineup
  • Vikka_V
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

Awww, you didn't show us the rear view....this could 'make' the outfit for sure!
  • Reckoner67
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

I just need to know if there's a Snuffelufpauogiajerboigus costume in that lineup so I can determine if the designer was a genius or a madman
  • iMago
    Options

You’ve been warned.

No.

*edit

Nope never

"Trash" -

w2cvfgpjhsyx.jpg

I just need to know if there's a Snuffelufpauogiajerboigus costume in that lineup so I can determine if the designer was a genius or a madman

Caco would def be the one showing up to this party wearing that one.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Ok! Maybe our mfp party needs some costumes!

I want a fancy masquerade mask, a dark or red wig and a pretty dress...no real costume, just done up.
    And glitter eyeliner!