Suggestions? Tips? What works for you?

keonwlsn
keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
Hey amazing community what are some suggestions or tips that have worked for you regarding dieting, shredding or just anything you want to share?

Replies

• echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Burn more calories than you eat.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    My best advice...search for a way that works best for your life. Make sure that it brings you a certain amount of joy and accomplishes what you set out to do. Research and then research again until you find what works. Don't be afraid to change if somewhere along the line what you are doing fails to work.

As far as motivation...

The best motivation you will find within yourself. If one day you can't find that motivation then just do what you know you should be doing. The motivation will return in it's own good time...maybe a little changed...a little more used up but it will be back.
  • keonwlsn
    Very nice you all are awesome!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Eat clean. ;)

That's one way to get shredded...
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    don't weight yourself. judge progress by clothes and how you feel.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Using the "most helpful posts" at the top of each forum category.
  • keonwlsn
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Don't make any changes that you can't commit to forever.

Making temporary changes means temporary results because as soon as you stop doing those temporary things you'll end up right back where you started.

There are loads of different thing you can do to lose weight but the only ones that work are the ones that last a lifetime. So look at all the changes and things you can do to change your eating habits, adopt those that you'll find easy/enjoyable/effortless and discard those that you'll struggle with.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    (for newbies): when searching for foods to log, choose those that say USDA as the are likely the most accurate. Otherwise, choose a higher calorie option to cover yourself.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Trust MFP - let them calculate your personal calorie consumption etc. and stick to it. Macros - seems to be a very personal thing: what works for some, is useless for others. Over time (I am on MFP over 1 year now) I could see small changes, so I adjusted my macros on MFP accordingly - this gives me enough choice and variety to prepare my daily meal plans without any food cravings. I have also notice small seasonal changes: in winter more fats, in summer more carbohydrates in the form of salads, vegetables, fruit. (So far lost over 31 kg - 68 pounds and much, much more to go...)
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Log everything (food, exercise, etc), regardless of how good or bad and own those results. Also, like Danp said above, don't commit to changes you can't do forever!!!

Get them Gainz!!
  • keonwlsn
    Thank you all