what would you do with 36 million? be honest

Options
Maidofmer
Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
every so often I play the mega millions. I always think of really cool totally unreal things I would do. Honestly, I would be totally selfish at first. If I won, I would go out and get my mommy make over. lipo, tummy tuck, boob lift, everything. hell, maybe even implants. I love my C's, but never heard a bad comment about D's. my husband would get his teeth fixed, and we'd do the obvious things too. pay off debt, get a house. nothing big, just average 3 bed 2 bath, a newer car. nothing flashing, just has to work and get from a to b without breaking down. and help out family that deserves it. and make a trust for our baby. and travel.

what would you do?

Replies

• Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Give a little to my parents and siblings, as well as cancer and lupus research. I'd pay for my best friends wedding. Pay off student loans, go back to school, buy a house... Somewhat large so family could come visit. I'd buy a Mazda 3, and maybe a small truck for moving large items and so I have something with 4 wheel drive for winter. College funds for my niece and nephew. House and decent car in my hometown in Newfoundland to use when me or any family visit home. I'd take my family on vacation, maybe to Universal Studios and Disney World. Or to the UK. I'd probably take a friend and do more travelling and cruises. Pay for anything my grandmother wants or needs to be more comfortable. Put a large chunk in an account for retirement. Lots of shopping.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Buy my kids a house each, invest and travel more. Help out other loved ones and donate to a charity I believe is good.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    First of all I would do all the obvious things, pay off debt, pay off my family's debt, buy a nice house and a garage full of cars. Then there are a select bunch of people I would want to do something for, and I think the best way to help them would be to write them a cheque for their mortgage. There's probably about ten people or couples or families I'd do that for.

I would start a theatre production company, nothing big, just something I could use to put on fringe shows and not have to worry about funding.

The other thing I would like to do is to get involved in things like DIY SOS or those makeover programmes where they sort out peoples houses that are really in need. Obviously I don't know the practicalities but that's the sort of thing I would like to do, rather than just give to charity.

I have a select group of charities I support with fund raising and Santa and stuff and I would do more for them.

The other thing I would do is travel.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Go to college once more, pay off my student loans, Travel the world, Date a VS model, Buy a Harley Davidson and then settle in a tropical beach somewhere opening up a beach shack.
  • martinmax
    martinmax Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    with 1 million ill make my parents live comfortable .
    With the other 35 mil ill buy myself a private jet and move to some island buy a bar on the beach and leave like that until my liver doesnt rip off from the amount of bear ill drink it every day.
    For fun ill make a small car track so i can drive my Nissan GT-R there :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,551 Member
    Options
    Buy about a million dollars worth of gold, silver and copper.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MandyPhoe
    MandyPhoe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love how I am reading the responses and so many people have your family and parents considered. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

For me;

1) Pay off my parents' debt
    2) Pay off my debt
    3) Sort out my siblings' kids' education until college
    4) Buy myself a house, new car, go back to school
    5) Invest & start up my own early literacy foundation for underprivileged kids :)
    6) Go on holiday for a whole year!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    every so often I play the mega millions. I always think of really cool totally unreal things I would do. Honestly, I would be totally selfish at first. If I won, I would go out and get my mommy make over. lipo, tummy tuck, boob lift, everything. hell, maybe even implants. I love my C's, but never heard a bad comment about D's. my husband would get his teeth fixed, and we'd do the obvious things too. pay off debt, get a house. nothing big, just average 3 bed 2 bath, a newer car. nothing flashing, just has to work and get from a to b without breaking down. and help out family that deserves it. and make a trust for our baby. and travel.

what would you do?

Most of those same things. Plus I'd give some to animal rescue charities.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    We're huge Disney fans. We always joke if we won the lottery we'd take our family and friends to Disney. After taking care of bills and family we would invest. We would also be sure to set aside some for local charities we support. We'd give back to American Cancer Society and Lymphoma Leukemia Society for the support they've given us while hubby went through battling leukemia.
  • trubs182
    trubs182 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Aside from the usual.....

Start up a new superbike team!

Open a small animal rescue centre!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Strip club.
  • peterplsss
    peterplsss Posts: 169
    Options
    Buy a supermoto ducatti and start racing isle of man tt and probably live for like 3 more years max.
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Is anyone else thinking of the classic line from Office Space? "Tell you what I'd do man..." I'd pay off my debt, my parents debt, buy us both houses, set up charities and never....ever....ever...EVER see this office again. Like, ever.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ALL THE DRUGS!
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Pay off my debt, put my sisters through college/grad school, pay off my parents house. Donate to charity. Buy relatively modest homes in Boston & Hawaii, travel a lot & invest the rest.
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Pay off debt and student loans, get my BMW 1series, a house and finish school. Maybe even go for my Masters since it wouldn't be an issue if I didn't work for a few years. Perhaps trave a bit and do some charity work like homes for humanity and renovate my parents house. I would get my sister a house and set up a trust for my nephew.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's too big of a what-if. I'd like to say I'd keep it real and take care of my family, invest, donate my house, etc etc. However, money makes people crazy. Sometimes. So I hope I wouldn't get money induced stupidity.
  • EmilyM_1986
    Options
    First off I'd do the usual - pay off debts / help family out etc.

Then I'd open a Rabbitery.

I've always wanted pet rabbits, but my boyfriend always says it'd be too hard finding someone to look after them if we go on holiday. It's easy to put the cats in a cattery, but I've not yet found somewhere that would take small animals like rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters etc... There must be other people out there with this problem right?

So yeah, I'd open a boarding house for small animals... then pay people to run it whilst i go off on holiday :laugh:

I wouldn't need my own pet rabbits then :happy:
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'd pay off our house and student loans. Tell my husband to quit his job and open the indoor race track he's always wanted. Buy new cars for me and my husband and a loft in Amsterdam. Help out family/friends, then invest the rest.
  • Dutchie848
    Dutchie848 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pay off all our debt, including our house, buy a new car and then live comfortably for the rest of my life! I'd live where we do now, but travel to see the world and hire someone to clean/do laundry for me.