what would you do with 36 million? be honest

Options

Replies

• JennyJo23
    Options
    I have thought of this alot especially when the payoff gets really high. First off I would quit my job!! I would give a million to my dad, father in law, and my brothers. I would buy a bigger house and buy my husband and I the cars we want as well as a camper to go camping (love camping). Of course pay off all my debt. I would then buy some houses either ones that can be rented out right away or ones that I have to fix up to rent. My husband and I love to remodel houses we are currently remodeling the one we have now. Then when I finished remodeling we would rent them for decent prices, not outrageous prices!! I would be generous I would help people out who needed it. My husband and I talked about during Christmas helping with the places who buy kids Christmas gifts. I wouldn't be selfish with the money at all. Then since we would both not be working I would want to travel all over the place. However I am not that lucky to win something like that I barely can win off a scratch off ticket, lol. But would be nice!!!
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    lawrence-office-space.jpg
  • brandynot
    Options
    Pay off my mortgage and make all the upgrades I want to my current house. Pay off my closest family members mortgages. Send my son to any college his heart desires and buy him a car. Oh...and meet Don Omar, marry him, and have many babies. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :blushing: :blushing: :tongue: :tongue:
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    I'm assuming that my net is $36 Million and Uncle Sam has already put his hands in my pocket and thanked me kindly.

That's easy.

Soon as I get the check in my account, 10% goes to my church so now I'm left with 32.4M

Take $2 Million and buy Single Family Houses all over the country, that will give me residual income.

Take $1 Million and start my own business, even though I'll have residual income, I can't sit around all day.

Buy a $800K home and buy a BMW Z4, BMW 760Li and A Range Rover...but keep my 98 Ford Taurus on the property to always remind me of where I come from.

Pay 90% of all my student loans and then take 20 years to pay off $2K, just for having excellent credit. LOL.

Set up a $1 Million scholarship at my University to help underprivileged kids pay for books and tuition help.

Pay off my immediate family's debt

Set up a trust fund for my niece for when she turns 18. Something small...like $500,000.

Put away $10 Million for a rainy day. That leaves me $16 Million to just sit...and look nice.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could spend it in a lifetime if I tried. I'd give some to immediate family to sort themselves out, buy myself a house and all those luxuries. Travel A LOT. I'd buy my girlfriend a restaurant to run and give us the wedding we want. Nothing out of the ordinary!

Oh, and I'd go to the club and MAKE IT RAIN ALL NIGHT.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Pay off my credit card. Pay off student and car loans. Take as many courses towards my Master's as I wanted without worrying about paying for tuition. Get the dental work I need (three implants, orthodontia). Buy a few nice places around the country so I can travel.

Then? Hire a troop of affectionate, scantily clad gentlemen to bring me drinks and do my nails as I languish poolside.
  • SmoothRiko
    Options
    lots of this...

Keffiyeh_throwing_cash.gif

and some of this...

2075722_o.gif

Now that's priceless.

That too...is my dream!
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Pay off debts.
    Pay off my close friends/family's mortgages.
    Book a nice holiday with my husband and children & properly enjoy it without guilt.
    Be able to help my parents more by moving closer while they need us.
    Pay for our church's refurbishment - currently a 10 year plan - outright
    Build the extension we dream about
    Donate to several charities
    Worry less!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    In no real order....quit my job, travel Europe, hire a chef, go get my skin and hair worked on in a really nice salon. Go eat expensive food in a upscale restaurant, buy an outfit from an expensive department store-shoes and purse included, open a home/shelter in Chicago for women to live in that have drug/alcohol/other problems (it would be really nice with nice beds and cool stuff like having a theatre in house and tons of athletic equipment and a pool) and then I would go back to school to study nutrition, move into a bigger house, anomously help out friends that were in need-car fix or new appliances, etc or behind on their mortgage. Oh and I would buy my cats some cat furniture
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Pay off my student loans, Go on a LONG trip all over the world, invest, buy my parents stuff cause I love them, make a schiool fund for my sister, probably still go back to school myself.... Just travel EVERYWHERE. Donate to everyday people that need it.
  • SmoothRiko
    Options
    That much money would ruin me. I'd make bad decisions and destroy all of my relationships. Therefore, I would give every dime away to the charity of my choice - Christian missions to spread the news of Salvation through faith in Jesus the Christ.

Good for you. At least he isn't saying that he would do personally so many wonderful things, he'd probably give into so many vices that the money would be a personal burden on him...so good job knowing yourself well.

But as for me...see my original post.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    After buying modest homes for my family, I would bankroll a ballot initiative to legalize cannabis cultivation, sales, and use in the state of Missouri. Then I would open a cannabis bakery/sweets shop. :smokin:
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    1) Don't tell ANYONE (at first) and lay low for a while.

2) Hire the best financial advisor and lawyer I can find and put a certain percentage in savings and relatively conservative investments.

3) Pay off all of my debt.

4) Pay off all of my parents' debt.

5) Buy a moderately sized house near the water in a warm climate. (Most likely in SoCal)

6) Buy an Audi RS4 as my everyday driver and a Ford Shelby Mustang as my weekend driver.

7) Donate a good chunk to charity.

8) I would probably not work for a year and travel the world. I would find a job though just to keep busy. Maybe open up a cool bar or restaurant.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Pay debts
    New glasses
    Dental work
    House
    Car
    Donations
  • JamesParsons7
    Options
    buy a massive mansion and pay all of the girls on these forums to stay there with me
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    Probably end up dead....in a very awesome way!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    two chicks at the same time

office-space-lawrence-jpg.10429
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I'd throw a party with my Friends List!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    is this after taxes? if after id pay off my cars, buy a little condo, put the rest in the bank, and travel...oh and new body