what would you do with 36 million? be honest

Options

Replies

• rtarpley
    rtarpley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That much money would ruin me. I'd make bad decisions and destroy all of my relationships. Therefore, I would give every dime away to the charity of my choice - Christian missions to spread the news of Salvation through faith in Jesus the Christ.
  • Dutchie848
    Dutchie848 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd pay off our house and student loans. Tell my husband to quit his job and open the indoor race track he's always wanted. Buy new cars for me and my husband and a loft in Amsterdam. Help out family/friends, then invest the rest.

I like that idea! I'm from Amsterdam and it'd be a great place to have a loft :)
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Pay off all debt, give some to my parents/siblings, college funds and extra in accounts for my kids, travel, buy a new car, new house, some play toys (jet ski, boat, 4 wheeler, etc) Donate to both children's Hospitals here in ATL, invest a lot and start up my own business.
  • Dutchie848
    Options
    That much money would ruin me. I'd make bad decisions and destroy all of my relationships. Therefore, I would give every dime away to the charity of my choice - Christian missions to spread the news of Salvation through faith in Jesus the Christ.

You wouldn't even keep a portion so you didn't have to work? Why not use the money to go on mission trips yourself and spread the Word?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Probably just invest it for my kids, help my family and friends who need help, and keep doing what I'm doing.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Having money isn't a sin.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I would buy a lot of land to start a farm and try to be as self-sustaining as possible. I would also put money aside for my children's education to guarantee that they will have a good start in life without the crushing debt. The rest of the money would be invested.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Boobs. I want bigger boobs.

Then I'd pay everything off and send my kids to a nice college.
  • Dutchie848
    Options
    Is anyone else thinking of the classic line from Office Space? "Tell you what I'd do man..." I'd pay off my debt, my parents debt, buy us both houses, set up charities and never....ever....ever...EVER see this office again. Like, ever.

YES!!!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    All our debt would be erased, student loans, house, cars, you name it. We'd move out of NH and back to MA and I would at least continue my job for a few years. Get money invested so we can retire and make sure our daughter would be able to attend college, if that's what she chose.

I'd also register as a charity runner for the Boston Marathon and donate enough to run (and more). I would like to be able to eventually post a qualifying time at another marathon and then run, but I'm am far from being able to accomplish that (but I will)

Oh and as soon as my daughter is old enough to appreciate it, we'd be taking a Galapagos cruise.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    lots of this...

Keffiyeh_throwing_cash.gif

and some of this...

2075722_o.gif
  • mkparis
    mkparis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    set up college funds for my seven grandchildren - give money to 3 children and siblings and charities
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I love how I am reading the responses and so many people have your family and parents considered. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

For me;

1) Pay off my parents' debt
    2) Pay off my debt
    3) Sort out my siblings' kids' education until college
    4) Buy myself a house, new car, go back to school
    5) Invest & start up my own early literacy foundation for underprivileged kids :)
    6) Go on holiday for a whole year!

You could call it the "MandyPhoe center for children who can't read good and want to learn to do other stuff good too."
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Nothing absolutely nothing ... well except enjoy life *sigh*
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Pay off our debt and all our family's debt. Take a long vacation somewhere awesome. Buy a log cabin somewhere in the mountains. New cars--but nothing ridiculous. Set up a fund for my daughter. Quit my job and do full-time volunteering with either animals or kids. Donate as much of it as possible.
  • ohheyitsfelicity
    Options
    Pay off my student debt, buy a house, donate a million dollars to the Heart & Stroke Foundation, go on a shopping spree, buy my dream car and take my family on a Disney cruise! The rest I would save for the future :)
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    IMO this is the worst answer in this thread so far. It just sucked the fun right out of the room.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Honestly, 10% to the church and charities, right off the top. Then pay off all our families debt (ours and our parents). Invest some (don't wanna go broke after buying new toys) and then go have fun with the rest.
  • tinavflynn
    tinavflynn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1. Pay off all of mine and my boyfriend's debt (student loans, cars, etc...)
    2. Get married to the love of my life, i.e. my boyfriend :love:
    3. Give my parents and his parents each $1 million
    4. Give each of our siblings $1 million, with the stipulation that they have to go to college first and graduate. (I know our parents would all appreciate this)
    5. Buy a house
    6. Open the restaurant my boyfriend keeps talking about (he's a fantastic cook, one of the reasons I got this big. :laugh: )
    7. Travel all over the world
  • ninnyfurr74
    ninnyfurr74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Pay off my debt! Buy my parents a condo somewhere, and buy their house from them, pay off any remaining debt they have! Buy each of my sisters a house and pay for their college! Pay off my Aunt's house and debt! Fix my husbands teeth. Put money in a high interest bearing saving account for my kids for college and after. And then my personal dream, I love to cook and feed people, so I want to start a soup kitchen for the homeless or down on their luck. Something cozy and comfortable with a library filled with books, so I can share my other love. Computers for internet access and then lots of cats, because I think they are great!