Yup. Hit Scream Weight.

Options

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ugh been there done that
    got down to 130 before i knew it..ok maybe i stopped counting cals and weighing in..but creeped to 153
    Im back down to 137... (Im 5'8)
    When i saw that number i was sooooooo mad at myself..but that didnt help anything
    Like you, I mainly did it because NONE of my clothes fit...but heck..whatever push you need...

You got this!!
    Good luck kim
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure this forum has the best people in the world. I wish I could come hug every last one of you. Thanks for talking me off the ledge.

Hugs!
    jrwms714 wrote: »
    Totally get it. In maintenance for 5+ years. Hit my scream weight, which to me means that I have to get right back to my range. But I bypassed it. Now it's only a bypass by two pounds, but I know that slippery slope all too well. And it's really 5 lbs. in you look at the bottom of my range. AND it's been on for 4 months, so I know it's not going to be easy to lose. 5 lbs. over a range on a 5'0" lady is a lot. Been kidding myself for too long, so got started again a few weeks ago. You know what to do, as do I. I'm back to my weight loss calories, and it's coming off slowly. Refuse to Regain, as the book says. (Good book if you haven't read it.) Good news is that we all have been there and we all know that we need to be alert. Bad news is that I hope you don't beat yourself up. Get back on the horse ... it's lifelong journey for us!

@jrwms714 I also want to thank you for mentioning Refuse to Regain.
    I’m either at GW or close, mostly maintaining the past few months. And this book has some really great insights.
    My current manta is “Be on Offense, not Defense.” I used to call this, “Insure Your Success” but I like the concept of actively being on the offense to retain our new, great health! Worth fighting for. Thank you!

Read the book. Good advice about being vigilant, but the "primatarian" diet might just be too restrictive in the real world.
    **edit** dr. Berkeley still insist that the insulin hypothesis to weight gain is correct.

I read a slight blurb about her and it said she is a proponent of the "primatarian" diet, that we should eat how they did back in the stone ages...
    The problem with it is that back in the stone ages, didn't they live for only 20 years?
    Also they walked or ran everywhere. Plus they wanted to be fat, they wanted to have extra weight to hold them during the lean times.

How is any of that a plus for losing weight?

Now I'll say I've not read the book, I'm 50# away for having to worry about maintaining, maybe I'll read the book and love everything she says, but I doubt it......
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    we are human and can definitely get carried away with good food. I keep having talks with myself, saying you will feel guilty and sad stepping on that scale in the morning. I have to love myself! Seems to be working.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure this forum has the best people in the world. I wish I could come hug every last one of you. Thanks for talking me off the ledge.

Hugs!
    jrwms714 wrote: »
    Totally get it. In maintenance for 5+ years. Hit my scream weight, which to me means that I have to get right back to my range. But I bypassed it. Now it's only a bypass by two pounds, but I know that slippery slope all too well. And it's really 5 lbs. in you look at the bottom of my range. AND it's been on for 4 months, so I know it's not going to be easy to lose. 5 lbs. over a range on a 5'0" lady is a lot. Been kidding myself for too long, so got started again a few weeks ago. You know what to do, as do I. I'm back to my weight loss calories, and it's coming off slowly. Refuse to Regain, as the book says. (Good book if you haven't read it.) Good news is that we all have been there and we all know that we need to be alert. Bad news is that I hope you don't beat yourself up. Get back on the horse ... it's lifelong journey for us!

@jrwms714 I also want to thank you for mentioning Refuse to Regain.
    I’m either at GW or close, mostly maintaining the past few months. And this book has some really great insights.
    My current manta is “Be on Offense, not Defense.” I used to call this, “Insure Your Success” but I like the concept of actively being on the offense to retain our new, great health! Worth fighting for. Thank you!

Read the book. Good advice about being vigilant, but the "primatarian" diet might just be too restrictive in the real world.
    **edit** dr. Berkeley still insist that the insulin hypothesis to weight gain is correct.

@psychod787 I am!
    I have low blood glucose - 69 last time
    Low bp 106/70
    Low pulse 56
    I do think some of her statements aren’t true for me.
    However, much of the book is helpful!
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    [quote=I was thinking of starting a “challenge” for maintainers only to get back to maintenance range. I think we have a different mentality about the process ... and many of us know each other from being on this particular forum.

Would there be an interest if we created an accountability thread specific to maintainers trying to get back to maintenance? Maybe a focus on small goals like 2-4 lbs a month loss and nsv celebrations?[/quote]

Great idea @sofchak :smile:

I'm in 6th year of maintenance and struggle lately to stay at the middle of my goal range rather than the lower end, its only a few pounds but still a struggle.

~Ruth[/quote]
    I like that idea too, @sofchak . Haven't been on here much lately b/c needed something different ... this could be it. And yes, some of us know each other from years of being on here. The only thing that doesn't work for me is logging every lbs. and daily or weekly goals. Discussions and suggestions like this are what is valuable to me.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Oops. Have to clarify. I do log daily for myself, and do use goals. I just don't find it helpful to do it in forums. That's only my preference. It may work for others.