Yup. Hit Scream Weight.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    It I hit 150 I'd also scream, but my scream would be from happiness. That's my current goal weight. I'm 5'8". I didn't realize how fat that is still considered.

There's height to consider. IIRC, OP is less tall than you.

Is less tall how we say short now, to spare the feelings of those of us who are vertically challenged? ;)

You and I are short. I didn't want to offend OP by lumping her in with the likes of us. :laugh:

You're short, but Pinup is shrinking. Wonder how tall she is now?

Sorry OT.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    It I hit 150 I'd also scream, but my scream would be from happiness. That's my current goal weight. I'm 5'8". I didn't realize how fat that is still considered.

It's not when you're tall.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited April 2019
    Great job @garystrickland357 getting back on track. Thank you for the pep talk.

And @icemom011 - oh to have your arms. You must be incredibly proud.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited April 2019
    _piaffe wrote: »
    I hit SW earlier this year.

I haven't had the energy to be disciplined. I've been lazy about it - unusually so. Maybe it's age. I care, but I certainly don't care enough to be as rigorous as I was 3 years ago, or would have been under these circumstances.

My deficit is about 250-300 calories a day, max, and that's it. And that's basically within margin of error. I have to weigh in and see if I'm even losing... this may actually be MAINTENANCE!

I can’t imagine living with MORE than a 250-300 calorie deficit. I love food too much and I get hangry enough as it is on my more active days. I have no idea how much you want to lose, but, chip away at it!
    My whoosh finally happened today, after a month of feeling like the weigh and log game was a waste of time.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    savithny wrote: »

You'd be surprised how few people take that into consideration.

In high school I weighed the same as my best friend. I was 5'10" and she was 5'1". So at 150, I was at a good and healthy weight, and she was significantly overweight. But somehow in the "fat talk" among friends, everyone talked about *me* like I was just as fat, because I weighed SO MUCH and wore a size 13, which was apparently "so huge."

What I wouldn't give to be back at my "OMG, you're so FAT" 150 pounds....

Its ridiculous that anyone would declare you fat when you clearly weren't.... hoping you realised that back then and didn't listen to such rubbish .... I would have thought it would be common sense to realise that 150lb looks different on everyone.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    savithny wrote: »

You'd be surprised how few people take that into consideration.

In high school I weighed the same as my best friend. I was 5'10" and she was 5'1". So at 150, I was at a good and healthy weight, and she was significantly overweight. But somehow in the "fat talk" among friends, everyone talked about *me* like I was just as fat, because I weighed SO MUCH and wore a size 13, which was apparently "so huge."

What I wouldn't give to be back at my "OMG, you're so FAT" 150 pounds....

Its ridiculous that anyone would declare you fat when you clearly weren't.... hoping you realised that back then and didn't listen to such rubbish .... I would have thought it would be common sense to realise that 150lb looks different on everyone.

No kidding. That's complete BS. Jealousy is ugly. :unamused:
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    It happens- you lose the weight, and then something happens to derail or tempt your progress and hard work. But don't worry- you can always get right back on track at the next meal and lose the weight. You will get there, you got this. Don't get discouraged. Don't quit! You can do it!
  • _piaffe
    _piaffe Posts: 163 Member
    rosiorama wrote: »
    I can’t imagine living with MORE than a 250-300 calorie deficit. I love food too much and I get hangry enough as it is on my more active days. I have no idea how much you want to lose, but, chip away at it!
    My whoosh finally happened today, after a month of feeling like the weigh and log game was a waste of time.

This is encouraging!

I was hoping for a mini cut of 1 lb/week for 4 weeks to get it over with, but honestly... it's too much work. And like I said, I'm being lazy.

I guess my worry is that if I choose 250 calories as a daily deficit, it might really be less due to errors (I weigh foods but there is margin of error on some staples).
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    You’ve got this!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    swim777 wrote: »
    You’ve got this!
    +1 :smiley: