Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Game of Thrones season 8

Replies

• samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    grimendale wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he's really dead (which isn't to say we couldn't still get some more info on his back story), but now comes the interesting bit: watching the fragile alliance start to fracture. Without the threat of the dead, it's going to be hard to keep Dany's army and the North together against Cersi.

Agreed. Especially since Jon knows who he really is now and has told Dany about it. She didn't seem to take the news well.
    Also, lots of their combined forces were wiped out before the night king went down.

I'm hoping the north wants to stick with her for the moment just to take out the Lannisters. I want to see Arya wear a face and kill Cersie. After that battle, it will be interesting to see the whole Dany & Jon conflict play out. Will Dany go mad? Will they decide to rule side by side?(Probably not).

Also, It would be quite the twist ending though to see Cersie sitting on the Iron throne, with that smug look she has. At the very last scene, she pulls her face off and reveals Arya sitting on the throne. :open_mouth:

Maybe she will steal Jamie's face.

I’ve thought maybe Jamie kills her because his character has turned good over the seasons and maybe he sees Cersei as becoming mad ??

The combined Targaryen / Northmen force isn't big enough to wage war against Loyalist forces. The only way they take the throne is through something like an assassination. That's what I thought at least until Arya starred in the last episode. Don't think they'll have her be the coup de grace against Cersei too.

I think it has to be Jaime.

@DeadliftsAndSprinkles reminded me of the prophecy that a younger brother kills Cersei. Always expected Tyrion but I hope it's Jamie (and not Arya with Jamie's face - after all his *kitten*, I want him to live)

At this point there is no reason to kill Jaime for the Targaryenists. Jaime will strike the killing blow himself I think. Reluctantly.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    I'm pretty sure he's really dead (which isn't to say we couldn't still get some more info on his back story), but now comes the interesting bit: watching the fragile alliance start to fracture. Without the threat of the dead, it's going to be hard to keep Dany's army and the North together against Cersi.

Agreed. Especially since Jon knows who he really is now and has told Dany about it. She didn't seem to take the news well.
    Also, lots of their combined forces were wiped out before the night king went down.

I'm hoping the north wants to stick with her for the moment just to take out the Lannisters. I want to see Arya wear a face and kill Cersie. After that battle, it will be interesting to see the whole Dany & Jon conflict play out. Will Dany go mad? Will they decide to rule side by side?(Probably not).

Also, It would be quite the twist ending though to see Cersie sitting on the Iron throne, with that smug look she has. At the very last scene, she pulls her face off and reveals Arya sitting on the throne. :open_mouth:

I’ve thought maybe Jamie kills her because his character has turned good over the seasons and maybe he sees Cersei as becoming mad ??

The combined Targaryen / Northmen force isn't big enough to wage war against Loyalist forces. The only way they take the throne is through something like an assassination. That's what I thought at least until Arya starred in the last episode. Don't think they'll have her be the coup de grace against Cersei too.

@DeadliftsAndSprinkles reminded me of the prophecy that a younger brother kills Cersei. Always expected Tyrion but I hope it's Jamie (and not Arya with Jamie's face - after all his *kitten*, I want him to live)

At this point there is no reason to kill Jaime for the Targaryenists. Jaime will strike the killing blow himself I think. Reluctantly.

This is what I think - for the greater good - and hell take Brianne as his wife and have Sasquatch kids
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member

This is what I think - for the greater good - and hell take Brianne as his wife and have Sasquatch kids

Noooooo Brienne & Tormund 4 lyf
  • samtarlyonadiet

Milk of the giant
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,236 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2019

So totally there with the sasquatch kids... but I want them to be with Tormund. And I want Tyrion to kill Cersei- she's been such a *kitten* to him, I want him to have his revenge.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member

Breanna and tormund man. Jamie and Brianna have more of a besties vibe
  • samtarlyonadiet

1+1+1=fun
  • JustSomeEm

1+1+1=fun

very-wow-much-scandalous.jpg
  • samtarlyonadiet
    JustSomeEm wrote: »

1+1+1=fun

very-wow-much-scandalous.jpg

The lion, the bear and the maiden fair
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member

1+1+1=fun

Tormund would be up for it. He *kitten* a bear once
  • JustSomeEm
    Are you two the same person? I'm confused. :lol:
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    i checked out of the show i think maybe 4 seasons ago now? will eventually just binge watch the whole thing

anyhow I've always said i just want the Kingslayer to survive in the end. the rest of the characters i don't care too much about except maybe the Hound.

but i figure however the whole thing ends - it's not going to be terribly satisfying. can't forget...

mfw3ebppxpap.gif
  • JustSomeEm
    edited May 2019
    I wonder what the next episode holds... And who do you think the last person standing will be?

I think it will be a Stark - just not sure which one.

ETA: I'm not worried about a happy ending, so much as a satisfying one @iMago
  • samtarlyonadiet
    iMago wrote: »
    i checked out of the show i think maybe 4 seasons ago now? will eventually just binge watch the whole thing

anyhow I've always said i just want the Kingslayer to survive in the end. the rest of the characters i don't care too much about except maybe the Hound.

but i figure however the whole thing ends - it's not going to be terribly satisfying. can't forget...

mfw3ebppxpap.gif

Here be spoilers, friend
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

Just seems too predictable
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    I wonder what the next episode holds... And who do you think the last person standing will be?

I think it will be a Stark - just not sure which one.

ETA: I'm not worried about a happy ending, so much as a satisfying one @iMago

wel yeah of course I'm just worried if all these years of hype will do it or not. they stuck the landing with like Breaking Bad for example but so many other shows just fall apart at the end. i hope this one is good too at least.
    iMago wrote: »

mfw3ebppxpap.gif

Here be spoilers, friend

spoil me daddy
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,890 Member
    I don't think NIght King is dead. How could they just kill him like that? So anticlimactic. Something about Bran, he's got a huge role to play...I should hope.

Pretty sure he's dead. (With the poofing and all of his wights collapsing.) But I'm hoping on more back story. Or finding WTF bran was doing the whole time other than being useless & creepy. 3 more episodes to find out who sits on the throne.

That’s my thought to. They build up the white walkers and all this ominous mythos and then bamn! They are all usured in one episode. Wtf did they even want, they had no purpose at all.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    Randyll Tarly
    latest?cb=20170815052729

Daddy to Sam Tarly

mgot-header-s8-interview-samwell-1024x576.jpg

Killed by being a human smore

tumblr_inline_ounyyzcXSy1qg106k_540.gif

Daddy was warmed up
  • samtarlyonadiet
    Randyll Tarly
    latest?cb=20170815052729

Daddy to Sam Tarly

mgot-header-s8-interview-samwell-1024x576.jpg

Killed by being a human smore

tumblr_inline_ounyyzcXSy1qg106k_540.gif

Daddy was warmed up

@iMago
  • JustSomeEm
    New theory... As we move forward, Jon Snow tells no one about his heritage... Maybe he doesn't want the throne. BUT, Dany sees him as a threat sooo... She wins the throne, and one of her first acts is to come up with some trumped up charge against Jon Snow and has Drogon flame him. This pisses Ghost off, and he attacks and kills her. When the flames are over, Jon is still standing which exposes him as a Targaryen and he takes the crown (This is apparently what I do in my sleep - come up with new 'how it will end' theories for GoT.)