Eating Easter Eggs

Options

Replies

• _Cece_x
    _Cece_x Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I’ve already smashed mine in 🤦‍♀️ at least I now don’t have a chocolate craving and can go a good while without it!

Could melt it and do something with it and portion the rest off?! I would of done that if I had an ounce of control
  • amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I have just bought myself an Easter egg (chocolate with a Cadburys cream egg) and plan on eating it all in one sitting when I reach my next scale target (I have a goal/reward every 2-4lb).

I considered eating it across 3 days and fitting it into my calorie goals, but know that, for me, that will diminish the pleasure considerably.

But then again I never have days where I 'cheat' normally or go above my deficit so this is a rare treat.

It’s not humanly possible to eat 1/3 of a Cadbury cream Egg. NOT. POSSIBLE. I defy anyone to challenge that! :D

Haha, no I'm not that crazy - you get a 100g chocolate egg plus a normal cream egg.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Portuguese Easter tradition. How we eat our eggs!!!! Made inside our bread.
    m2y8eveua1l6.jpeg

That's intriguing! Does it bake inside the bread? Now I want to try baking whole eggs.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Portuguese Easter tradition. How we eat our eggs!!!! Made inside our bread.
    m2y8eveua1l6.jpeg

That's intriguing! Does it bake inside the bread? Now I want to try baking whole eggs.
    You boil them first then place them in the dough and bake.
    21cmsziy8j3t.jpeg
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! You learn something new every day.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I have just bought myself an Easter egg (chocolate with a Cadburys cream egg) and plan on eating it all in one sitting when I reach my next scale target (I have a goal/reward every 2-4lb).

I considered eating it across 3 days and fitting it into my calorie goals, but know that, for me, that will diminish the pleasure considerably.

But then again I never have days where I 'cheat' normally or go above my deficit so this is a rare treat.

It’s not humanly possible to eat 1/3 of a Cadbury cream Egg. NOT. POSSIBLE. I defy anyone to challenge that! :D

Agreed. I'm not big on the cream eggs but tried one and, even tho I didn't completely like it, I finished that puppy!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Agreed. I'm not big on the cream eggs but tried one and, even tho I didn't completely like it, I finished that puppy!

The size they are nowadays, those cream eggs are like a two-biter tops.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options

I could. I hate Cadbury eggs.
  • lemurcat2
    edited April 2019
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I have resisted buying the Reeses peanut butter eggs so far. Maybe because I found a great deal on peanut butter Christmas trees the first of the year and still have some (I am ashamed at how many but they were 10 cents each) in my freezer.

I did, however, dye my hard boiled eggs for the week. Looks pretty in my lunch bag!

I won't eat a non standard cup reeeses. I miss the ridges and the chocolate to pb filling ratio is off when you change the shape.

This This This! Everyone thinks I’m crazy when I say I don’t like the Reese’s Eggs.

I do like Reese’s miniatures though. Ridges plus a slightly better chocolate to PB ratio. Especially when frozen.

I don't know why anyone would think it is crazy. If you change the amount of ingredients in a recipe you change the final flavor. Also, if you change the temperature of something you change the intensity of the flavor. Everyone around here seems to get excited about ice cold watermelon but it tastes sweeter at room temperature or warmer.

Reeses eggs are not as good. They are not 'spit them out horrible' but they are meh like eating the off brand peanut butter cups. I won't eat one again under normal circumstances. They are not worth the calories.

I think the ice-cold watermelon thing is just a hold-over from the days before refrigeration. If you could find a swiftly running stream coming down from higher elevations and stick your watermelons in for a few hours, they'd be nice and cold and refreshing when you pulled them out and cut into them, and possibly the only thing being served at a summer picnic or celebration that was below 80 degrees F.

I think watermelon used to be seen (especially in the south) as a food to eat to counteract overly hot weather, so ice cold is even better.

I actually hated watermelon when I was a kid, since I was used to it chilled (and not locally grown), and found it tasteless with annoying seeds. I had basically avoided it as an adult until I got one in a farm box some years ago and felt compelled to try it and was surprised at how tasty it was -- way better not super chilled (and local). Seeds still kind of annoying.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

The size they are nowadays, those cream eggs are like a two-biter tops.

I like to buy the completely over priced dozen of the cadbury caramel eggs. Onebite but oh so good. :)
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Weirdly enough, I just remembered a different type of Easter egg from deep in my childhood, but you wouldn't eat these since plain sugar is icky. They were for decoration and delight:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-make-sugar-easter-eggs-520328
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I have resisted buying the Reeses peanut butter eggs so far. Maybe because I found a great deal on peanut butter Christmas trees the first of the year and still have some (I am ashamed at how many but they were 10 cents each) in my freezer.

I did, however, dye my hard boiled eggs for the week. Looks pretty in my lunch bag!

I won't eat a non standard cup reeeses. I miss the ridges and the chocolate to pb filling ratio is off when you change the shape.

This This This! Everyone thinks I’m crazy when I say I don’t like the Reese’s Eggs.

I do like Reese’s miniatures though. Ridges plus a slightly better chocolate to PB ratio. Especially when frozen.

I don't know why anyone would think it is crazy. If you change the amount of ingredients in a recipe you change the final flavor. Also, if you change the temperature of something you change the intensity of the flavor. Everyone around here seems to get excited about ice cold watermelon but it tastes sweeter at room temperature or warmer.

Reeses eggs are not as good. They are not 'spit them out horrible' but they are meh like eating the off brand peanut butter cups. I won't eat one again under normal circumstances. They are not worth the calories.

I think the ice-cold watermelon thing is just a hold-over from the days before refrigeration. If you could find a swiftly running stream coming down from higher elevations and stick your watermelons in for a few hours, they'd be nice and cold and refreshing when you pulled them out and cut into them, and possibly the only thing being served at a summer picnic or celebration that was below 80 degrees F.

I think watermelon used to be seen (especially in the south) as a food to eat to counteract overly hot weather, so ice cold is even better.

I actually hated watermelon when I was a kid, since I was used to it chilled (and not locally grown), and found it tasteless with annoying seeds. I had basically avoided it as an adult until I got one in a farm box some years ago and felt compelled to try it and was surprised at how tasty it was -- way better not super chilled (and local). Seeds still kind of annoying.

Ya, it's amazing what a difference local sourcing can make in taste. Like peaches. I'd turn down free supermarket peaches that were picked way under-ripe so they can be transported, but don't mind paying a premium for the heavenly local peaches.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

You reminded me of a day decades ago when we were blackberry picking in a pasture on a very hot and thirsty Florida day. On the long walk back to our car, we found a watermelon patch. I regret now to say that we stole and ate a watermelon right there. No knife to cut it with, we had to break it open on a fence post. It not only wasn't chilled, it was warm.

Trespassing, theft and vandalism all in one day. Broke my personal record for mischief and had the best tasting melon before or since.

I just need to share this because it is apparently possible to punch a watermelon open (skip to 1:38):

https://youtu.be/mw1BF_DjbWg

So if you ever have the urge to steal a watermelon again and don't have a fence post, it's okay. Just punch it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

You reminded me of a day decades ago when we were blackberry picking in a pasture on a very hot and thirsty Florida day. On the long walk back to our car, we found a watermelon patch. I regret now to say that we stole and ate a watermelon right there. No knife to cut it with, we had to break it open on a fence post. It not only wasn't chilled, it was warm.

Trespassing, theft and vandalism all in one day. Broke my personal record for mischief and had the best tasting melon before or since.

If it soothes your conscience any, we always planted watermelons (among many other things) when I was a kid and couldn't give the things away fast enough :tongue: They are prolific!
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

I just need to share this because it is apparently possible to punch a watermelon open (skip to 1:38):

https://youtu.be/mw1BF_DjbWg

So if you ever have the urge to steal a watermelon again and don't have a fence post, it's okay. Just punch it.

Hah! That was great! I'll remember.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

If it soothes your conscience any, we always planted watermelons (among many other things) when I was a kid and couldn't give the things away fast enough :tongue: They are prolific!

That does kind of soothe my conscience. That outing was memorable for a couple other events involving a bull and an irate farmer with a shotgun. Looking back at that entire era in my life, I don't know how I didn't end up jail.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Regardless of the egg, chocolate or boiled, etc I would give them away. Donate if you can, take them to work and drop them in the kitchen, give them to neighbors, etc. No need to have this dangling in front of your face! Good luck to you!

Why?

Why not enjoy them in controlled amounts??

( assuming you like them in first place of course - but if you don't, the dangling in front of your face would not be a temptation)

Plus, they're in controlled amounts by definition, even if you eat a lot of them. They are around once a year, so you don't really get to overeat them consistently.

Great insight but you never met me!!! So I base my answers on my (lets call it) overindulgence! They MFP user who said they could eat 20 in one sitting....no prob!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    pmz83i6xteah.png