If you suddenly came into a lot of money, what would you change?

Options

Replies

• Stormy_Knight
    Stormy_Knight Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I would buy some land and start my own business .
  • jedoubleday
    jedoubleday Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    a lot of peoples lives
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I’d buy everyone whatever they want! Then go back on safari and live with my lions in Kenya. 🦁
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Get a wheelchair accessible rancher. Go for regular acupuncture, therapeutic massage and facials. Never work again.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Travel a lot more. Upgrade the little stuff like vehicles, tech, fashion/beauty items. Help out people I met along the way with dental and vision needs, and donate to free medical clinics around the U.S.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Buy my son and his family a nice house with a big yard for the kids.
    Pay to have live-in care for my brother and my mom.
    Buy 160 acres just outside the city,
    build the house I've always wanted with a wraparound porch.
    Buy a small place on the Atlantic in Florida to spend winter's there.
    Charity.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I don't really like money. I'd probably watch it sit in my bank account.

I don't like the feeling of having money and realizing how much happier my day has gotten because I have it, when there was really no reason why I couldn't have been just as happy when I didn't have it. Why is that? You ever notice how much happier you are when you know you have a few extra bucks in your pocket to spring for the King Crab? That's too much power.

I want to be happy for free. I'm gonna figure that out one of these days.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hire a driver.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Pay off the debts of the people I love, hire a full-time massage therapist to be at my beck and call, and put aside enough to live and travel comfortably for the years I have left. Everything else would be set up in a trust for my kids to run a philanthropic organization and live and travel comfortably for the rest of their lives.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    At the moment, I would get both new living room furniture and a new a/c unit...since we are now forced to forego the former in favor of the latter.

I love my house...but I would love it more if I had a daily housekeeper. She wouldn't have to cook...just clean...including laundry. And I would kick the tenant out of our NYC apartment so we could use it as a pied a terre instead of relying on the rental income.

I would travel more, and would fly first or business class instead of coach. It is so much nicer up there. And we wouldn't have to squeeze all five of us into one hotel room...we could get two...or a suite.

I would pay for my boys' college educations, so they could graduate without student debt.

I don't need more stuff. I am trying to pare down. I don't even need fancier stuff, since I am not impressed by designer labels. I would rather put money toward experiences than things. And of course, I would like to be able to contribute more to the charitable organizations of my choice.
  • dreamz419
    dreamz419 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would sit on it to see how many will come as family,siblings or best friends. Yhe laugh my way to travel the world.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Diapers
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    Hire a driver.

I'd buy a car that was more fun to drive. Probably a Hellcat. :)
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Buy land, build my own house complete with gym and hire a trainer to come periodically to motivate me further. Start a business with something to do with food or drink, that I could afford to do on my choice of hours. Have more kids (alongside said trainer to help me get less fat each time). Then probably donate what I didn't need.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Nothing would change for me personally.. . I'd still live the same way, but I'd buy homes for my kids, I'd start an organisation that saves dogs from death row. I'd also like to anonymously help people, keep my ears open for hard luck stories and help them out.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Y
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I don't really like money. I'd probably watch it sit in my bank account.

I don't like the feeling of having money and realizing how much happier my day has gotten because I have it, when there was really no reason why I couldn't have been just as happy when I didn't have it. Why is that? You ever notice how much happier you are when you know you have a few extra bucks in your pocket to spring for the King Crab? That's too much power.

I want to be happy for free. I'm gonna figure that out one of these days.

you can be sad and have money but it’s almost impossible to be happy and be really broke

Try telling that to an ascetic.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    1- pay off my mortgage
    2- buy a new car for me and my son
    3- put some money away for retirement
    4- buy a beachfront property in Italy
    5- invest the rest in my children’s future