Less Alcohol - May 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• mckinlau
    mckinlau Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Three day AF streak! The real test starts tomorrow when the approaching weekend starts begging for rosé
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    What is the app everyone uses to track their alcohol?

On the internet - Mydrinkaware
    On my NOOK - The calendar app. I track NA( no alcohol) days or use smile faces representing the number of drinks.
    Both keep me honest with myself. I want it in my face to be accountable.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It is so exciting to see others doing the Alcohol Experiment. This book really is helpful. Although it has had it's challenging moments. So far so good though minus the one swig off hubby's. This is the first time in 10 years I have gone 3 days without alcohol.

May 1: Goal 3/Actual 5
    May 2: Goal 3/Acutal <2 (didn't finish it all)
    May 3: Goal open/Actual, 2 wines and aunt & uncles, 3 beers when returned home.
    May 4: Goal open/Actual, 2 wines at lunch with girl friends...…..wayyy over Saturday when returning home (8).
    May 5: Goal 3/Actual 0
    May 6: Goal 3/Actual 5
    May 7: Goal 3 / Actual 4
    May 8: Goal 3 / actual 7
    May 9: Goal 3 / actual 4 beers & 2 wines
    May 10: Goal open / Actual probably one bottle of wine and a couple beers...no counting
    May 11: Goal open / Actual 4 wines
    May 12: Goal 3 / actual 3 mimosa's, wine & beer
    May 13: Goal 3 / actual AF
    May 14: Goal AF / AF. Went to dinner with friends and drank a tea. I did it! But honestly, I was so tired. I think due to not drinking. Not sure. It is interesting to watch the "buzz" levels of those drinking while we were there.
    May 15: Goal AF / 1 Drink....I mean "drink" "swig". Hubby walked by with one of my beers and I took a drink. The result, my tummy reacted. Kind of like if you'd go a week without sugar then eat a donut. It was a positive note to encourage me not to want more.
    May 16: Goal AF / actual
    May 17: Goal AF / actual
    May 18: Goal AF / actual
    May 19: Goal AF / actual
    May 20: Goal AF / actual
    May 21: Goal AF / actual
    May 22: Goal AF / actual
    May 23: Goal AF / actual
    May 24: Goal AF / actual
    May 25: Goal AF / actual
    May 26: Goal AF / actual
    May 27: Goal...…..maybe AF......may skip this day, kids' birthdays and Memorial Day
    May 28: Goal AF / actual
    May 29: Goal AF / actual
    May 30: Goal AF / actual
    May 31: Goal AF / actual
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    My plan for May will be 5AF days per week.

May 01 - AF
    May 02 - AF - planned night out for dinner, drinks, a concert Friday night the 3rd. I am okay with that, I do it seldom.
    May 03 - 1/2 litre of wine + 2 drinks! Off the rails with food too - this happens when we consume alcohol. I had a good time, but it is bad for the waistline.
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 07 - AF - really felt like having a drink just now, but came on here to record an AF day, which really helped me to abstain.
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 09 - AF - I have a deficit of 1900 left for today (very active day), so a couple of drinks would be within range - but - no drinking 2 days in a row, and I am going out tomorrow night and don't want a puffy face and puffy belly.
    May 10 - 3 drinks. The show was sold out that the plan was to go to. Instead, worked my butt off getting the garden going, then fell to what most people are feeling like this time of year, a few drinks on the porch after working hard in the sun. All good.
    May 11 - 3 drinks. Oop, 2 days in a row! Won't be having any over the next few days.
    May 12 - AF - barely going to squeak out my new goal of 5AF days per week.
    May 13 - AF
    May 14 - AF - Almost didn't reach my 5AF per week. Really felt like having drinks but I knew that I needed to be AF to make the goal.
    May 15 - AF - Yet another day where I really felt like having drinks, specifically a Cosmo. I kept delaying until I could talk myself out of it. Turned out well because the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues went into overtime, which would have meant more drinks had I been having drinks.

Running total: 11AF day out of 15 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 02 - AF - planned night out for dinner, drinks, a concert Friday night the 3rd. I am okay with that, I do it seldom.
    May 03 - 1/2 litre of wine + 2 drinks! Off the rails with food too - this happens when we consume alcohol. I had a good time, but it is bad for the waistline.
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 07 - AF - really felt like having a drink just now, but came on here to record an AF day, which really helped me to abstain.
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 09 - AF - I have a deficit of 1900 left for today (very active day), so a couple of drinks would be within range - but - no drinking 2 days in a row, and I am going out tomorrow night and don't want a puffy face and puffy belly.
    May 10 - 3 drinks. The show was sold out that the plan was to go to. Instead, worked my butt off getting the garden going, then fell to what most people are feeling like this time of year, a few drinks on the porch after working hard in the sun. All good.
    May 11 - 3 drinks. Oop, 2 days in a row! Won't be having any over the next few days.
    May 13 - AF
    May 14 - AF - Almost didn't reach my 5AF per week. Really felt like having drinks but I knew that I needed to be AF to make the goal.
    May 15 - AF - Yet another day where I really felt like having drinks, specifically a Cosmo. I kept delaying until I could talk myself out of it. Turned out well because the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues went into overtime, which would have meant more drinks had I been having drinks.
    May 16 - AF - Tomorrow will be too, but probably not Saturday.

Running total: 12AF day out of 16 days so far
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    May 1: Goal 3/Actual 5
    May 2: Goal 3/Acutal <2 (didn't finish it all)
    May 3: Goal open/Actual, 2 wines and aunt & uncles, 3 beers when returned home.
    May 4: Goal open/Actual, 2 wines at lunch with girl friends...…..wayyy over Saturday when returning home (8).
    May 5: Goal 3/Actual 0
    May 6: Goal 3/Actual 5
    May 7: Goal 3 / Actual 4
    May 8: Goal 3 / actual 7
    May 9: Goal 3 / actual 4 beers & 2 wines
    May 10: Goal open / Actual probably one bottle of wine and a couple beers...no counting
    May 11: Goal open / Actual 4 wines
    May 12: Goal 3 / actual 3 mimosa's, wine & beer
    May 13: Goal 3 / actual AF
    May 14: Goal AF / AF.
    May 15: Goal AF / 1 Drink....I mean "drink" "swig".
    May 16: Goal AF / actual 2 1/2 beers. Let myself down. I had many struggles as the afternoon and evening approached wanting a beer, or a glass of wine, but I breathed deep through them, remembered the reasons for my goal.....About 8:15 I was starting my wind down getting ready for bed, washed my face, jammies on, poured a glass of WATER, grabbed a book and sat down on the couch.....15 minutes good friends from out of state showed up. The one I hadn't seen in 15 years. They walked in holding drinks of Crown Royal (their parents live down the street ;) My brain flashed back and forth, then I gave in. Don't feel good about it, but I did it. Tonight is also going to be a big challenge. I am hosting a large get together of classmates. Not sure how I will do, but I will try my best. Have a great day everyone!
    May 17: Goal AF / actual
    May 18: Goal AF / actual
    May 19: Goal AF / actual
    May 20: Goal AF / actual
    May 21: Goal AF / actual
    May 22: Goal AF / actual
    May 23: Goal AF / actual
    May 24: Goal AF / actual
    May 25: Goal AF / actual
    May 26: Goal AF / actual
    May 27: Goal...…..maybe AF......may skip this day, kids' birthdays and Memorial Day
    May 28: Goal AF / actual
    May 29: Goal AF / actual
    May 30: Goal AF / actual
    May 31: Goal AF / actual
  • annengineer
    annengineer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My goals for the month are 50% days AF, and keeping it to 2 glasses the majority of drinking days.

5/1- AF
    5/2- 2, goal of 2
    5/3- 4, no goal
    5/4- AF
    5/5- 3, goal of 2- not thrilled I had the third glass, but glad I didn’t use the fact that I’d missed the goal turn into a 4th or more.
    5/6- AF
    5/7- AF
    5/8-AF
    5/9- 1, picked up my friends from the airport and had one with them at their hotel
    5/10- lots, like 7-8- I joined the bachelorette party after work and we saw a show, hit a bar, then a club where the club gave us free drinks. It was a great time but heavier than I intended. Good news activity wise was that was lots of walking and dancing!
    5/11- 5, another bachelorette day and night, better paced than the day before.
    5/12- 2, final bachelorette day for me and went home for Mother’s Day dinner.
    5/13- AF
    5/14- AF.
    5/15- AF
    5/16- 3, “split” a bottle of wine with H
    5/17- so far AF but Fridays I usually enjoy watching modern family reruns on USA with wine- will target this being one of my 2 glass nights if I do that after putting the toddler down.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 13 - AF
    May 17 - 3 drinks - I completely changed my weekend plans around and ended up watching the hockey game with a few drinks. Not feeling that great this morning, I will need to sweat it out with a good workout.

Running total: 12AF day out of 17 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger
    You have had 3 AF days this month! Better than last month : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 13 - AF
    May 17 - 3 drinks - I completely changed my weekend plans around and ended up watching the hockey game with a few drinks. Not feeling that great this morning, I will need to sweat it out with a good workout.
    May 18 - AF - Hair of the dog probably would have made me feel better - 3 drinks didn't use to affect me this way. Toughed it out.

Running total: 13AF day out of 18 days so far
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    I put this picture and the link to Mydrinkaware.com's article on Why have more drink free days? on my FaceBook...bet no one on FaceBook will give me a 👍. Might even have people unfriend me.

ta21mhgtff6z.png
  • mckinlau
    mckinlau Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have yet to conquer a weekend. I was AF Monday - Thursday but by Friday afternoon I finished yard work and wanted a drink. Even after reading the Alcohol Experiment cravings and discomfort chapters I was enjoying wine all weekend.

Instead of giving up I’m back to the plan. I’m not going to think about the holiday weekend until it’s here or I’ll just go back to drinking everyday using the upcoming holiday as an excuse. Happy tracking!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 13 - AF
    May 18 - AF - Hair of the dog probably would have made me feel better - 3 drinks didn't use to affect me this way. Toughed it out.
    May 19 - 3 drinks
    May 20 - AF

Running total: 14AF day out of 20 days so far