Less Alcohol - May 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited May 2019
    I did not fail April ... I keep telling myself. It was still better than any month in 2018 where I daily drank. But I still need to watch myself closely AND not avoid reporting in! So back facing the music and continuing to track toward my goals. Happy that we are in a new month!!

Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

January accountability 31 days
    No Alcohol: 19 days
    Alcohol: 12 days (27 drinks)

February accountability 28 days
    No Alcohol: 16 days
    Alcohol: 12 days (23 drinks)

March accountability 31 days
    No Alcohol: 17 days
    Alcohol: 14 days (27 drinks)

April accountability 30 days
    No Alcohol: 9 days
    Alcohol: 21 days (45 drinks)

May accountability ~6 days so far
    No Alcohol: 3 days
    Alcohol: 3 days (5 drinks)

Oh and yes I'm doing this for weigh loss ... and while I lost 15 pounds January - March I made no progress on that effort in April. Here is to focusing on another 5 pounds loss in May!!!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    May 6, 2019 9:32AM

May 1: Goal 3/Actual 5
    May 2: Goal 3/Acutal <2 (didn't finish it all) I focused on postponing that first drink. Kept myself busier. Tried to stay off the phone and couch. Success!
    May 3: Goal open/Actual, 2 wines and aunt & uncles, 3 beers when returned home.
    May 4: Goal open/Actual, 2 wines at lunch with girl friends...…..wayyy over Saturday when returning home (8).
    May 5: Goal 3/Actual 0
    May 6: Goal 3/Actual 5. I did find myself thinking and making continuous choices when almost done with 3 & 4. New day today.
    Read several pages of The Alcohol Experiment
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    mckinlau wrote: »
    I’m back for May :) April was only 6 AF days, so far January is the month to beat at 17. I’ve ordered the alcohol experiment and the goal is to complete the 30-day challenge

Hey, let me know when you get yours. I've just started reading mine. But I haven't started any actions yet.
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    May 1 - one generous size glass of whiskey in celebration of going into contract with selling our house!
    May 2 - 1.5 truly hard waters (150 cals)
    Oh and I took a sip of my husbands
    whiskey
    May 3 - AF
    May 4 - 2 drinks. Not too bad for a party and better than I normally would have done. One mint jelup and one truly 100 calorie hard sparkling water.
    May 5 - 2 lime-a-ritas :( disappointed myself on this one.
    May 6 - AF

Tonight's goal, AF as well. In order to not find myself tempted at night I will have some calming chamomile tea.
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    @AbandondedKSCharger thank you, what a kind way to handle it. I'll try it.
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    And @globalhiker , thank you too for a similar kind suggestion. I love my husband dearly; he is a broken soul and genuine kindness and respect speak to him.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    My plan for May will be 5AF days per week.

May 01 - AF
    May 02 - AF - planned night out for dinner, drinks, a concert Friday night the 3rd. I am okay with that, I do it seldom.
    May 03 - 1/2 litre of wine + 2 drinks! Off the rails with food too - this happens when we consume alcohol. I had a good time, but it is bad for the waistline.
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 07 - AF - really felt like having a drink just now, but came on here to record an AF day, which really helped me to abstain.

Running total: 6AF day out of 7 days so far
  • annengineer
    annengineer Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2019
    5/1- 0
    5/2- 2, goal of 2
    5/3- 4, no goal
    5/4- 0
    5/5- 3, goal of 2- not thrilled I had the third glass, but glad I didn’t use the fact that I’d missed the goal turn into a 4th or more.
    5/6- 0
    5/7- 0, heading to bed soon

ETA: My goals for the month are 50% days AF, and keeping it to 2 glasses the majority of drinking days.

• Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    I am in Hilton Head for a few weeks vacation and just returned from my morning run
    As the sun was coming up and the miles were going by I know I couldn’t ever do this if I was still drinking
    So many vacations just suffering one hangover after another and thinking it was fun
    So much time wasted being wasted
    Have a great day all
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    May 7, 2019 9:32AM

May 2: Goal 3/Acutal <2 (didn't finish it all) I focused on postponing that first drink. Kept myself busier. Tried to stay off the phone and couch. Success!
    May 4: Goal open/Actual, 2 wines at lunch with girl friends...…..wayyy over Saturday when returning home (8).
    May 6: Goal 3/Actual 5
    May 7: Goal 3 / Actual 4 Whewww I wanted # 5 real bad....entered my calories and found I had one calorie remaining....that gave me the courage to stop. I let the moment pass....relaxed, and found myself getting sleepy without having too many beers to put me to sleep. Success!! Except for the storms lol. Have a great day!
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    May 7, 2019 9:32AM

May 6: Goal 3/Actual 5
    May 7: Goal 3 / Actual 4 Whewww I wanted # 5 real bad....entered my calories and found I had one calorie remaining....that gave me the courage to stop. I let the moment pass....relaxed, and found myself getting sleepy without having too many beers to put me to sleep. Success!! Except for the storms lol. Have a great day!

So happy for you! You're making such good progress, its inspiring!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    beebva4 wrote: »
    May 1 - one generous size glass of whiskey in celebration of going into contract with selling our house!
    May 2 - 1.5 truly hard waters (150 cals)
    Oh and I took a sip of my husbands
    whiskey
    May 3 - AF
    May 4 - 2 drinks. Not too bad for a party and better than I normally would have done. One mint jelup and one truly 100 calorie hard sparkling water.
    May 5 - 2 lime-a-ritas :( disappointed myself on this one.
    May 6 - AF
    May 7 - AF

Woohoo! Two days in a row. I found yesterday to be actually super easy after the first day of AF. By the time about 8pm rolled around I realized how late it had gotten and I hadn't had one moment where I found myself thinking of having something. Even with about 450 cals left over! Instead I had a wee snack and completed my diary.
    Today my goal is another AF day!

WOW! Nice job and proud of you! I am still waiting for my first "AF" day to come! I have to set a date and make it happen. Just intentionally delaying it and waiting for the right moment. Suppose up to us to decide and not wait around for it...:)