Less Alcohol - May 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Well, I had two glasses instead of one last night. Need a few AF days under my belt again!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    May accountability ~11 days so far
    No Alcohol: 5 days
    Alcohol: 6 days (11 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    What a big change in my life … 2016-2018 I could not count my AF days … it was 2-5 glasses per night or other drink usually 6-7 nights per week. Loving the change I’ve made in 2019 and it is helping the numbers on the scale go down.

May 1 - 1 beer @ camp
    May 2 - 2 wine small glasses; 1 at home + 1 at bunco.
    May 3 - AF
    May 4 - 2 glasses wine @ Sam’s
    May 5 - AF
    May 6 - AF
    May 7 - AF
    May 8 - 1 gin tonic; stressful with flooding and trapped … not tonic expired 5 years ago but it was the only thing in the house
    May 9 - 4 glasses wine; over indulged with company 3 bottles w/ 4 of us drinking wine
    May 10 - AF
    May 11 - 1 beer at lunch, did not join DH for drinks at dinner/HH/evening which is a win
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,572 Member
    Options
    My plan for May will be 5AF days per week.

May 01 - AF
    May 02 - AF - planned night out for dinner, drinks, a concert Friday night the 3rd. I am okay with that, I do it seldom.
    May 03 - 1/2 litre of wine + 2 drinks! Off the rails with food too - this happens when we consume alcohol. I had a good time, but it is bad for the waistline.
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 07 - AF - really felt like having a drink just now, but came on here to record an AF day, which really helped me to abstain.
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 09 - AF - I have a deficit of 1900 left for today (very active day), so a couple of drinks would be within range - but - no drinking 2 days in a row, and I am going out tomorrow night and don't want a puffy face and puffy belly.
    May 10 - 3 drinks. The show was sold out that the plan was to go to. Instead, worked my butt off getting the garden going, then fell to what most people are feeling like this time of year, a few drinks on the porch after working hard in the sun. All good.
    May 11 - 3 drinks. Oop, 2 days in a row! Won't be having any over the next few days.

Running total: 7AF day out of 11 days so far
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Had my monthly drinks last night. 2 glasses of prosecco. This time last May I had already consumed 8 drinks. ☺ 🙂 🙂
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    May accountability ~12 days so far
    Alcohol: 7 days (12 drinks)

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    What a big change in my life … 2016-2018 I could not count my AF days … it was 2-5 glasses per night or other drink usually 6-7 nights per week. Loving the change I’ve made in 2019 and it is helping the numbers on the scale go down.

May 1 - 1 beer @ camp
    May 3 - AF
    May 5 - AF
    May 6 - AF
    May 7 - AF
    May 8 - 1 gin tonic; stressful with flooding and trapped … not tonic expired 5 years ago but it was the only thing in the house
    May 9 - 4 glasses wine; over indulged with company 3 bottles w/ 4 of us drinking wine
    May 10 - AF
    May 11 - 1 beer at lunch, did not join DH for drinks at dinner/HH/evening which is a win
    May 12 - 1 glass wine after everyone left our home after mother’s day dinner. Yep the rest of the bottle is in the fridge for another night.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 02 - AF - planned night out for dinner, drinks, a concert Friday night the 3rd. I am okay with that, I do it seldom.
    May 03 - 1/2 litre of wine + 2 drinks! Off the rails with food too - this happens when we consume alcohol. I had a good time, but it is bad for the waistline.
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 07 - AF - really felt like having a drink just now, but came on here to record an AF day, which really helped me to abstain.
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 09 - AF - I have a deficit of 1900 left for today (very active day), so a couple of drinks would be within range - but - no drinking 2 days in a row, and I am going out tomorrow night and don't want a puffy face and puffy belly.
    May 10 - 3 drinks. The show was sold out that the plan was to go to. Instead, worked my butt off getting the garden going, then fell to what most people are feeling like this time of year, a few drinks on the porch after working hard in the sun. All good.
    May 11 - 3 drinks. Oop, 2 days in a row! Won't be having any over the next few days.
    May 12 - AF - barely going to squeak out my new goal of 5AF days per week.

Running total: 8AF day out of 12 days so far
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    May accountability ~13 days so far
    Alcohol: 8 days (15 drinks)

May 1 - 1 beer @ camp
    May 3 - AF
    May 5 - AF
    May 6 - AF
    May 7 - AF
    May 10 - AF
    May 12 - 1 glass wine after everyone left our home after mother’s day dinner. Yep the rest of the bottle is in the fridge for another night.
    May 13 - 3 glasses of wine
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 13 - AF

Running total: 9AF day out of 13 days so far
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to hear several of us are doing this! This is good stuff!! And congrats to you guys who are already in AF mode. You inspire me and help me - I need that...
  • annengineer
    annengineer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5/1- 0
    5/2- 2, goal of 2
    5/3- 4, no goal
    5/4- 0
    5/5- 3, goal of 2- not thrilled I had the third glass, but glad I didn’t use the fact that I’d missed the goal turn into a 4th or more.
    5/6- 0
    5/7- 0, heading to bed soon

ETA: My goals for the month are 50% days AF, and keeping it to 2 glasses the majority of drinking days.
    5/8-AF
    5/9- 1, picked up my friends from the airport and had one with them at their hotel
    5/10- lots, like 7-8- I joined the bachelorette party after work and we saw a show, hit a bar, then a club where the club gave us free drinks. It was a great time but heavier than I intended. Good news activity wise was that was lots of walking and dancing!
    5/11- 5, another bachelorette day and night, better paced than the day before.
    5/12- 2, final bachelorette day for me and went home for Mother’s Day dinner.
    5/13- AF
    5/14- not over yet, but probably AF.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    What is the app everyone uses to track their alcohol?
  • mckinlau
    mckinlau Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »

I have glan its pretty basic and really only counts AF streaks and money saved not drinking. It’s ok but probably more for giving up alcohol altogether than drinking less. I’m curious what others use
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 13 - AF
    May 14 - AF - Almost didn't reach my 5AF per week. Really felt like having drinks but I knew that I needed to be AF to make the goal.

Running total: 10AF day out of 14 days so far
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »

I just use a basic Excel spreadsheet on my desktop. Find it easier to plug in info by the day - exercise, total cal, total alcohol cals. My iphone is so loaded with Apps I can't even find Apps very easily :)