Help me. Gaining more fat than muscle.

Options
124»

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    But what does the mirror say & how do your clothes fit vs. before?
  • chloepaulino
    chloepaulino Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    But what does the mirror say & how do your clothes fit vs. before?

When I was body building, none of my pants fit me and my stomach looked bigger. Overall I was always bloated vs when I was eating maintance calories. I think what happened was calorie partioning. When you have a higher bf % gaining more fat than others more quickly vs. people with a low bf %, fat gain at a slower rate. I Could be wrong, but thought I read a post on calorie partioning on one of the forums on here.
  • chloepaulino
    chloepaulino Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    U do have a nice shape for bodybuilding, why r u wants to gain more fat.

That is the thing I don’t want to gain more fat. I’m trying to maintain my physic but at the same time grow my muscle. As I guess that is what recomp is, as what everyone else is saying.
  • UroIogist
    UroIogist Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I have done other machines and bf has been higher or about the same of about 27%

If you truly think you are 27% based on scales, comparing photos online etc. Then I would definitely not bulk.

This, most sources will say a female should not be bulking if over 20-22% BF

Agreeing with what is already being said. A slight calorie deficit that you gradually increase may currently be a better idea.

Maybe you are already weight training, but if you are not already, is it possible for you to get into weight training? Cardio (especially low-intensity cardio) typically discourages your body from putting on muscle, and combined with a calorie surplus, would encourage your body to put on more fat than muscle.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Recomp has worked for me. I was fat, weak and 150 lbs. Now I have muscle poking through. In the morning, I can see my six pack trying to pop out of my belly fat... I still weigh 150lbs. I have obvious traps, biceps and triceps when I flex. I have a lot of work to get where I want but I see a huge difference.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    UroIogist wrote: »
    I have done other machines and bf has been higher or about the same of about 27%

If you truly think you are 27% based on scales, comparing photos online etc. Then I would definitely not bulk.

Agreeing with what is already being said. A slight calorie deficit that you gradually increase may currently be a better idea.

Maybe you are already weight training, but if you are not already, is it possible for you to get into weight training? Cardio (especially low-intensity cardio) typically discourages your body from putting on muscle, and combined with a calorie surplus, would encourage your body to put on more fat than muscle.

Wow is this last part true???
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »

In a surplus if you are not stimulating the muscles adequately with some type of resistance training, yes you are less likely to put on muscle optimally and will gain more fat. However unless cardio is impairing your lifting, it won't affect muscle gain itself.
  • alexmose
    Options

In a surplus if you are not stimulating the muscles adequately with some type of resistance training, yes you are less likely to put on muscle optimally and will gain more fat.

Ah I mean the part about the cardio. bolded.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

In a surplus if you are not stimulating the muscles adequately with some type of resistance training, yes you are less likely to put on muscle optimally and will gain more fat.

Sorry I just added. If you do cardio in a surplus it won't affect muscle gain unless it is impairing your lifting performance. Also too much cardio when bulking can make it harder to reach your calorie goal. But itself, no it won't impair muscle gain if you are recovering, performing and fueling adequately.
  • alexmose
    Options

Sorry I just added. If you do cardio in a surplus it won't affect muscle gain unless it is impairing your lifting performance. Also too much cardio when bulking can make it harder to reach your calorie goal. But itself, no it won't impair muscle gain if you are recovering, performing and fueling adequately.

ah ok. trust me, i have no issues reaching my calorie goal ;) but thank you.