What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    pg8r7eueuuym.jpeg

I only go to Trader Joes once every couple months but when I do I remember how obsessed with these I am. I only buy a couple bags each time because this is a “you will easily eat as much as you have” snack.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    pg8r7eueuuym.jpeg

I only go to Trader Joes once every couple months but when I do I remember how obsessed with these I am. I only buy a couple bags each time because this is a “you will easily eat as much as you have” snack.

interesting! What is the texture? They look like captain crunch
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I know it's going to sound lame, but, I'm on a scrambled eggs with kale and mushrooms kick. I would have eaten it for every meal today if I didn't have leftover lasagna that needed to be eaten.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    I know it's going to sound lame, but, I'm on a scrambled eggs with kale and mushrooms kick. I would have eaten it for every meal today if I didn't have leftover lasagna that needed to be eaten.

I want cheesy eggs!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    63hj9u5av6tb.png
    Wrong thread...but now I'm wanting some Egg Tuck....
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    63hj9u5av6tb.png
    Wrong thread...but now I'm wanting some Egg Tuck....

ewWw
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    ^😆
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Cottage cheese pancakes. Quick, easy, portable(eat it like dry toast, no toppings), protein, low cal. Best possible grab’n’go snack.

Ok I was fascinated by this post, googled a recipe, and have now made it twice. Mine come out paper thin. Not at all like the “styled” (haha!) photos, but still.....

What’s your recipes and any suggestions?

Mine taste like deflated popovers (not a bad thing) without the yummy crust. Very filling and high protein, and I had a whole plate for 271 calories, so willing to provide room to improve texture by adding a few more calories.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,607 Member
    Options
    We bought some salt beef from the Jewish deli this week. Decided to try making it myself. It is an 8 day process (7 days dry brining in the fridge, and 1 day in the sous vide) but not a lot of work. Curious how this will turn out.
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/03/homemade-corned-beef-brisket-with-potatoes-cabbage-carrots-recipe.html
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    prosciutto :)
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    As someone who typically likes dark chocolate, I am surprised that I have really been enjoying good quality MILK chocolate lately.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options

interesting! What is the texture? They look like captain crunch

They’re just crunchy cubes, but they have an ever-so-slight chewyness at the end. Hard to explain. But when you first eat one you’re like “Meh, it’s just a salty crunchy” but then you have a few more, then a few more, then a few more... And then the whole bag is gone :D
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options
    I’ve been re-fixated on the “sushi rice” bowls I started eating when I was pregnant. Rice, stir in a splash of vinegar, top with sauce made of mayo, siracha, soy sauce and a splash of sesame oil, top that with crumbled nori/furikake. Add avocado if you have the calories for it. It’s sushi-esqe and makes my tummy very happy
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Paninis. My brother bought me a panini press for Xmas and I have been obsessed. So far my favourite version has been Yves Turk'y, bruschetta, and Chao slices on sprouted grain bread. So quick and high protein.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Cottage cheese pancakes. Quick, easy, portable(eat it like dry toast, no toppings), protein, low cal. Best possible grab’n’go snack.

Ok I was fascinated by this post, googled a recipe, and have now made it twice. Mine come out paper thin. Not at all like the “styled” (haha!) photos, but still.....

Mine taste like deflated popovers (not a bad thing) without the yummy crust. Very filling and high protein, and I had a whole plate for 271 calories, so willing to provide room to improve texture by adding a few more calories.

I’m not a very good cook, so I really don’t have any hints. I pour 1 cup oats in the blender, zap ‘em to a fine powder, put them in a bowl. Put 1 cup cottage cheese in the blender— I have tried it with 2% and full fat, like 2% better and 3 eggs(less than the recipe calls for?). Zap it until it’s smooth, add it to the oat flour. The longer you let it sit, the thicker the batter gets. Made pancakes the first time, but they took too long to cook. Now I put them in the waffle iron. I tried them with blueberries in the batter. They tasted good, but were too messy, so I won’t do that again.
    I keep them in the fridge and I eat about a 50 calorie portion for a quick snack.
    Have added vanilla and pumpkin pie spice for added flavor, both good. Better with fruit and/or yogurt.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Never in my life woul I have thought I would get hooked on tornadoes yet I find myself wondering what flavor they will have in my friendly neighborhood Brookshires as I head for home
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

I’m not a very good cook, so I really don’t have any hints. I pour 1 cup oats in the blender, zap ‘em to a fine powder, put them in a bowl. Put 1 cup cottage cheese in the blender— I have tried it with 2% and full fat, like 2% better and 3 eggs(less than the recipe calls for?). Zap it until it’s smooth, add it to the oat flour. The longer you let it sit, the thicker the batter gets. Made pancakes the first time, but they took too long to cook. Now I put them in the waffle iron. I tried them with blueberries in the batter. They tasted good, but were too messy, so I won’t do that again.
    I keep them in the fridge and I eat about a 50 calorie portion for a quick snack.
    Have added vanilla and pumpkin pie spice for added flavor, both good. Better with fruit and/or yogurt.

These sound good, I want to try them with egg whites to make them even lower calorie! Thanks for the idea!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Warmed frozen strawberries (100 calories worth for 3 min) topped with truvia, cinnamon and whipped cream or Greek yogurt.

I can have a pretty big bowl for <200 calories.