The last few pounds, what gives???

Options
124»

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    LaurenMT96 wrote: »
    Thankyou @cheryldumais I am 5 foot 8 though so I can't imagine my maintenance cals are 1700, unless my metabolism has adapted due to so long in a deficit? Who knows.

@NovusDies I had 1 when i went on holiday to Egypt (SEP 2018) and one at Christmas 2018 ( both over a week long) and a 5 day break at easter.. other than that I haven't had any others.

I am 5'7.5'' and my maintennance is at 1750 or so. I am cutting to 1500 to lose .5 pounds a week. I set MFP at sedentary as I have an office job but add and eat back my exercise calories (I estimate those modestly). I don't think it's unreasonable that your maintenance is 1700 at all...

Her maintenance didn't become 1700 in a short span of time unless she lost a limb and I am pretty sure she would have mentioned it.
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I started strength training I gained a few pounds even though my logging was really correct etc. Eventually I did lose them, although they came off in a couple of whooshes at first before going back to an expected rate of loss per week. Right before the whoosh ironically was when I really noticed that my clothes were way too loose and my middle was significantly smaller, still can't figure that one out!

I think if you keep it up the last few pounds will come off.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Another comment, and I am not sure if this was addressed, is I would stay away from net calories since it's very difficult to know what you exactly burned. I would use the TDEE method and eat the same goal daily. I suspect your weekends are killing any kind of real deficit you have available.
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much everyone. @PAV8888 especially what a great and informed answer! I know what i need to do now, so thankyou all very much, it's all new to me and you all have reassured and guided me. :*